Chapter 3 : Part I

Let The Love Lead The Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

# 1 month and 3 weeks later

"Hello Aunt In. It's me, Kim. I will have my dinner at home tonight. If you cook, make it extra ya?"

"Oh, really? Let me cook something special tonight! But Kim, can you ask Dan to come here? Some of the ingredient already out of stock. I have list down all the things, but I forget to give to you this morning."

"Go and get dress. Today we will go to market to buy all the groceries. Tell Pie to get dress too. I think around 30 minutes I will be there."

"Alright, Kim!" Aunt In quickly walked to living room looking for Pie. She want her to get ready. Pie is not. Then she went to the library. She open the door, Pie is there. She is reading a novel.

"Pie, dear. Come and go get dress."

"Why, Aunt In? Are we going to somewhere?"

"Kim want to have her dinner together with us tonight. I plan to cook something special, but most of the ingredients out of stock. I told her to ask Dan to come here and buy all the thing. But she said she will take us to the market and she want us to get ready. She will be home around 30 minutes. Go dear, get you dress now."

"Really? Great!!! This is the first time I am going out."

Pie jumped happily from her chair and quickly go to her room. She is really excited to going out. This is the chance for her to look around the town. To see by her own eyes how New York looks like. At first when she heard that Kim want to have dinner at home, she quite shock. Then heard more that Kim offered to bring them to market, more shock for Pie. Kim is really unpredictable for her. One day, Kim like this. Another day, Kim would be like that. But it doesn't matter for Pie right now. As long as Kim willing to bring them out. She look at the clock, only 10minutes for her to get dress. She went to living room, sit there waiting for Aunt In. Not long after that, she heard someone open the door. It's Kim.

"Aaiisshhh!! She is here but Aunt In still not ready. Aunt In, hurry up!" Pie scream in her heart.

Kim saw Pie who is sitting at the sofa. She walk and sit opposite to Pie and then look at her. Their eyes meet each other. Pie smile to Kim. "She is smiling to you. Smile back to her, you idiot!!!" Her heart said. "No!! You don't have to!! Just ignore her. You smile back means you want to be friend her. Remember!! She is here because of Mike!" Her mind takeover her heart, order Kim to ignore Pie. Kim’s heart lose to her mind. So Kim just ignore Pie and pretend busy scrolling her phone. Seeing Kim reaction make Pie a bit sad. But she doesn’t want Kim to know it so she just look down and play with her fingers. A few minutes later, Aunt In came.

“Kim, Pie, I think it’s better for me to not following both of you. You two go and buy all the groceries while I can make the preparation. So when you all get back, I just can straight cook our dinner.” Aunt In who is still wearing her apron talked. Actually she have her own agenda. Of course it would be better for her to stay at home, but actually her main purposed is to give Kim and Pie space, alone. Just the two of them. Kim and Pie never talked to each other. So this is the perfect time for them. 

“Are you sure you didn’t want to come along with us, Aunt In?” Kim just to make sure with Aunt In’s decision. Aunt In nod her head and pass the list to Kim.

“Okay, we will leave now. If you need anything, just call me.” Kim stand up and start to walk without waiting for Pie. Pie look at Aunt In, still don’t believe that women will let her be alone with Kim. She don’t know either she should go with Kim or stay with Aunt In. Her heart really want to follow Kim but her mind remind that she will be alone with Kim. She didn’t expect that there will be any conversation between them because just now Kim showed no response when she smile to her. So Pie decided to stay, but suddenly she can feel that Aunt In push her back, leading to the door.

“Go now, Pie. Kim is not always allow us to go out. This is your chance to see the outside world. Don’t have to worry about me and don’t think too much about Kim. Just remember you need to be patient with her.” Aunt In seems can read Pie’s mind. She smile to her. “Have fun!!”

Kim is already there, standing at the door of her car, playing with the car’s key while wait for Pie. Pie fasten her steps when she saw Kim. With her head bit down, she walked straight to the other side of the car. She was stunned to find that Kim also walked, in front of her, heading to the other door. It is more surprising to Pie when suddenly Kim open the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter