Chapter 14

His Voice

When they arrived at Yesung´s apartment the older immediately ushered the smaller man into the bathroom, handing him a towel and some clothes on the way. Making sure the door was locked Ryeowook quickly discarded his wet clothes on the ground. He was shivering by now and if he wouldn´t warm himself up soon, he would definitely catch a cold ones again. Stepping under the hot water he let out a quiet sight as he felt his boy starting to slowly warm up. Yet he couldn´t really bring himself to relax. He was too worried of what would happen ones he left the bathroom and the fact that the older was just a few meters away in the next room didn´t make it any better. He knew staying friends was out of question. From now on there were only two possible outcomes of this. It was either Yesung being honest at Namsam Tower and they would end up trying or Yesung playing with him and he himself would have to cut all ties at least until he had overcome his feelings for the taller. He hadn´t even finished that thought when he suddenly felt so stupid for even thinking that Yesung would play with him. Their oldest main vocal was a weirdo sometimes, but he was an honest person and would never play with anyone´s feelings, even less with the ones of people close to him. It was just, that he couldn´t believe he was so lucky to have the other feeling more that friendship for him as well.

Groaning he quickly decided that there was no use in breaking his head over this. He needed to find out what was the truth and the only way to do so was to face Yesung. Taking a deep breath Ryeowook stepped out of the shower and slid into the clothes Yesung had given him. The sweat pants almost fit him perfectly but the shirt was way too big, nearly reaching down to his knees. Putting on the shirt he could smell Yesung´s faint sense on it and it relaxed him immediately. It was a little paradox that even if the older was the reason he was stressed out, the other´s presence, voice or even smell would always relax him. Quickly drying off his hair he stepped back into the living room about 10 minutes later, heart beating wildly in his chest. Not only was he more than a little nervous of the conversation that was definitely lying ahead of him but he was also extremely uncomfortable not being able to wear any make-up, as he hadn´t brought anything with him. It wasn´t that Yesung hadn´t seen him without make-up before but he just felt much less confident without it.

When he stepped into the living-room there were two steaming cups of hot chocolate placed on the coffee table and before Ryeowook really knew what was going on the older had already wrapped a thick blanket around the younger´s shoulders, leading him over to the couch. Sitting them down Yesung handed the shorter man one of the mugs before turning to him with a concerned expression on his face.

»Wookie, are you warm again? « The taller´s voice was caring but there was also worry evident in his voice.

»Yes, I am good. « The younger confirmed quickly before he turned silent again. He just didn´t know how to continue, how to start the conversation they needed to have.

»Good. « It was all Yesung uttered before falling silent as well.

An awkward silence started to spread between them causing Ryeowook to turn the mug between his hands restlessly, once in a while glancing over at the older hoping the other man would say anything to break the silence. Once it seemed as if Yesung was going to say something but then he just kept silent. Finally when the Eternal Maknae was sure he couldn´t take it anymore the taller finally spoke up, his voice husky and it almost seemed as if he was scared of the answer he might get.

»You heard the things I said to Heechul, didn´t you? « Yesung gulped loudly as his voice nearly broke at the end.

The question caused Ryeowook to freeze immediately and he quickly adverted his eyes into his lap as he felt tears brim in them. His hands had stopped turning the cup and were now gripping it tightly, causing his knuckle to slowly turn white. His throat tightened and if he was to try saying anything right now he wouldn´t be able to utter any more than a soundless word. Yet, Yesung was waiting for an answer and so he just nodded, eyes still focused on the hot liquid in his mug as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. He didn´t want the older to see the tears that had formed in his eyes as said scene had returned to his mind. Suddenly Ryeowook wasn´t so sure if he really wanted to have this conversation any more. Maybe they could just forget everything and return to as they were before.

The older didn´t do him that favor though. Instead he reached for the mug in his hands, freeing it gently and placing it on the coffee table. Before the younger could react in any way the taller had already taken both of his hands into his own, using his thumb to caress the back of the smaller man´s hand. The Eternal Maknae felt his hands starting to get sweaty and his stomach stared jumping in joy at the intimate feeling of this action. Still, he wasn´t quite sure how to react but before he could waste any thoughts on it, the older´s pleading voice caught his full attention.

»Wookie, look at me please. «

As much as the younger didn´t want to, it was as if Yesung´s voice send a comment straight to his brain, causing him to turn towards their oldest main vocal before slowly lifting his head to look into the older man´s eyes. When their eyes met, he felt his breath hitch immediately. The older´s eyes showed nothing but honesty and Ryeowook immediately worried if he really wanted to know the truth. His hand started to shake for the nth time that day, but Yesung just held them a little tighter before speaking up again.

»It wasn´t like that! « The older´s voice suddenly sounded tired as he let out a long sight and the Eternal Maknae couldn´t help but wonder if him ignoring his best friend could be the reason for it. Yet, it still all didn´t make sense.

»But I…« his voice broke as he was ones again overwhelmed by the hurt in his heart. »You said to him that you…that you love him. « A tear escaped from the younger´s eye as he finished but Yesung quickly used his one hand to wipe it away.

»I didn´t…I mean I did but I didn´t mean it. It…It is a misunderstanding. « The older´s stuttering confused the younger. He had heard every single word of it but he just couldn´t find to understand their meaning. The taller had admitted that he confessed to Heechul, yet he still claimed it was a misunderstanding. It just didn´t make any sense. Yesung seemed to sense his confusion as he let out another long sight before continuing, voice barely more than a whisper. »I…that day…that day when I said “I love you”, I was just practicing. «

»What do you mean? « Yesung just didn´t seem to make any sense and the more the older tried to explain the more confused Ryeowook felt.

»I…We…Heechul and I had planned that ever since we returned from Yokohama. I didn´t know what to do anymore so I thought he might be the best one to ask for advises. That day I was waiting…« The oldest main vocal paused for a moment and as he continued Ryeowook nearly couldn´t understand a word the older was muttering. »I waited for you. «He paused again before suddenly speaking up with a lot more confidence in his voice. »I waited for you that day, but you took so long and I started to feel so nervous that I didn´t know how else to help myself but to call Heechul. When he came I was almost ready to just forget about everything but he convinced me to stay and so I asked him to listen to my planned confession one more time to make sure it was perfect once you came and it was exactly that moment when you came« As he finished innumerous different emotions reflected in the older´s eyes. Ryeowook could see the fear, the nervousness, the hope and the…he didn´t dare to continue that thought. It couldn´t be! Could it?

»So that day…« he couldn´t finish the sentence too scared that he might be wrong.

»Yes Wookie, that day I meant to confess to you. «

»But…« Ryeowook still couldn´t believe what he was hearing. He had wished for it for so long and now it should come true just like that? It didn´t make any sense! Plus, he wasn´t sure if his heart could be fixed just like this and what if Yesung´s feelings for him weren´t as strong as his own? What if the older´s feeling would disappear after a while? The thought alone was too frightening and he wondered if it was too late to just run away. His thoughts got interrupted when Yesung suddenly let go of one of his hands and instead placed it on the younger´s cheek.

»Wookie, I know this is sudden for you. I know you might still not believe me. I am also aware you were hurt badly and everything won´t be alright just because you now know the truth, but please…« Suddenly tears formed in the older´s eyes and he took a deep breath before resuming his talking, voice breaking twice during the sentence. »Please stop ignoring me! «Yesung hadn´t even finished when the first tears started to roll down his face. As if on reflex the younger immediately use his hand to wipe them away as the guilt seemed to tear his heart apart. He had never thought that his behavior would cause so much pain to the one he loved

»I…I´m sorry. «

»Don´t be! You were hurt and did what you thought were right. « Yesung´s voice was understanding and there wasn´t even a hint accusation in it and Ryeowook loved him even more for that. »I should have told you sooner. I should have come after you that day, but I didn´t. We can´t do anything about it now. Just…Just never ignore me ever again. «

»I promise! « Before the Eternal Maknae could say anything else he started sobbing ones again. He wasn´t even sure why exactly but he felt just so overwhelmed with emotions that he couldn´t held it in. There were so many emotions in his heart right now but the most dominant one was relieve. Relieve that the older wasn´t angry with him, relieve that he didn´t love Heechul and relieve that he finally seemed to have Yesung back.

Seconds later two strong arms wrapped around his body, pulling him into the warmth of Yesung´s chest. Wrapping his own arms around the older tightly in return he could feel the other´s tears running down his neck, causing him to tighten their hug even more. He didn´t know how long they had stayed like that, crying in each other´s arms, when Ryeowook finally pulled himself away. There was something he needed to know and he needed to hear it now.

»Tell me now… «

»What do you mean? « The older looked at him in confusion and Ryeowook nearly squealed at the cuteness of it.

»Tell me what you were going to tell me that day. Please! « He knew he sounded desperate but he needed to make sure this wasn´t a dream, needed to make sure Yesung really felt the same for him.

The older let out a deep sight at this, before nodding slowly. Closing his eyes for a moment the taller took a deep breath before taking the younger´s hands into his once again, connecting their eyes afterwards. The Eternal Maknae could feel the oldest main vocal´s hands shaking slightly causing him to wonder if he was asking too much, but before he could tell the taller to just forget it, Yesung had already started to speak up, voice hoarse from emotions.

»That day…« He broke off for a few seconds as if he was searching for the right words. »…that day I was going to tell you how special you are to me, how you make my day so much brighter. I was going to tell you how happy it makes me whenever you smile and even more so if it was me who caused it. I love it when you sing and I wish you could sing just for me. I get jealous whenever you are all flirty around the fans or when you spend too much time with the other members. You are my best friend but what I feel for you is so much more than that. I never thought that I would fall for a guy, yet I did, probably had fallen for you ever since I saw you for the first time in that training room, even if I didn´t know by then. I wanted to tell you for a while now but I was too scared it would destroy our friendship and to be honest I still am, but I just can´t say no whenever you ask me for something. I know a lot of things happened between us this past few weeks and I understand it will take time to fix your broken heart but we can take it as slow as you like. « Stopping again it seemed as if the older needed to gather his courage before he continued, voice almost a whisper once again. »So Kim Ryeowook, would you give me the honor and go out with me at least once? «

Just how was he supposed to say no to this? It was as if all his worries from before had vanished into nothing. Everyone knew Yesung was none to share his feelings with anyone, not even his closest friends. Now hearing the older put all his feelings out on the table like this, was enough for him to know that Yesung meant every single word of it. The emotions overwhelmed him again as the recognition that the love of his life returned his feelings kicked in. He wanted nothing more than to hug the other and so he did.

Wrapping his arms around the taller´s neck he placed his head into the curve of Yesung´s shoulder, muttering out a quiet `yes´. The younger could feel the taller release a breath he had obviously been holding before he wrapped his arms around him as well. They stayed like that for a few minutes before they got themselves a little more comfortable, with Ryeowook cuddled into Yesung´s side and the oldest main vocal´s arm around the Eternal Maknae´s shoulder, holding onto the younger tightly.

They spend the next two hours watching some show on TV and filling each other in on the time they had been apart. It was almost as if everything was as it had been before only this time Ryeowook didn´t have to worry that Yesung would find out about his feelings as he snuggled just a little deeper into the other´s side, causing Yesung to slowly up and down his arm.

 

It was shortly after midnight when the Eternal Maknae decided that it was time for him to go home. He didn´t have any schedules the next day but he was starting to feel very sleepy so he choose to get on his way even though he didn´t feel like leaving the older´s warm embrace at all. Yesung accompanied him to the door not letting go of his hand once and Ryeowook couldn´t help the happy smile that placed itself on his lips. He was about to let go off the other´s hand to put on his shoes when the taller pulled him around so that they were facing each other. The older´s voice was thick with emotions when he spoke up, after gulping loudly.

»You have no idea how beautiful you look like this, wearing my clothes and with your bare face. «

»I…« The younger was about to complain but he was stopped by the look in Yesung´s eyes as the older placed one of his hands on his cheeks. It said more than words ever could and the smaller man wondered if the older had always looked at him like that and if he had just been too stupid to notice. He didn´t get too much time to think about it though as their eyes locked and he was drowning in the deepness of the taller´s eyes causing all thoughts to disappear from his head. Their faces moved towards each other as if being pulled by an invisible force and before the Eternal Maknae really knew what happened, their lips met. It was nothing more than an innocent touching of their lips but it was enough to make his head spin as the warm, prickly feeling started to spread from his lips into the rest of his body. It was as if time had stopped and it was only Yesung´s voice that pulled him from his trance after they had pulled apart.

»Wooki                e? « The older´s voice was hoarse, sending a shiver down the shorter man´s spine. »Would you please stay the night? « The look in the oldest main vocal´s eyes was so hopeful and Ryeowook could hear his heart screaming for him to say `yes´ but his mind was more cautious, telling him to take it slow. Yet, it didn´t have a chance when Yesung connected their lips again.

 

Not too much later they were lying in the older´s bed, the younger´s head on the other´s shoulder, their hands locked with each other tightly. They stayed silent for a while, just watching the moonlight playing on the walls before the shorter man spoke up.

»That day, was Eunhyuk-Hyung included in your plan? « It wasn´t nessessary for him to specifify what day as they both knew what he was talking about. He felt Yesung shift to look at him with a questioning look answered anyways.

»Not really. He just surprised the two of us while planning so he knew about it. Why? «

Ryeowook let out a small chuckle as he remembered that day.

»Nothing. Eunhyuk just asked me a few weird questions but that explains it. « He felt Yesung smile into his hair before the older kissed the top of his head. The simple action caused the happiness in his heart to overflow and it all felt like a dream come true.

»This isn´t a dream, right? « Suddenly he felt scared that once he woke up in the morning everything would turn out to be nothing more than an oh so perfect dream.

»It´s not, Wookie! « The older placed another sweet kiss onto his lips. »I love you, Kim Ryeowook and I promise to spend the rest of my life proving it to you every day. «

The sweet confession left Ryeowook speechless and silence wrapped around them ones again until the younger finally spoke up.

»Then would you sing to me? « He heard Yesung chuckle at this before he was pulled closer to the taller´s warm body. It wasn´t long after the older voice had started to fill the room that the shorter man felt himself drifting off to sleep, a big smile forming on his lips. He knew there lay a lot of work and trouble ahead of them, but he decided it would be definitely worth it.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I can´t believe this is actually the end. I don´t really feel like letting this story go so I am thinking about writing a bonus chapter or even a sequel once I am on vacation. Please let me know if you are interested and if you have anything you want it to be about.

If you liked that story feel free to read my other stories too. ;) You can also follow me on tumblr where I will inform about any new stories. User name: hanxinyue

Also I´d liked to thank everyone who read and supported this story unitl now :3