Chapter 6

Full Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Releasing the guardian of earth wasn’t too terrible – there was a sensation of sturdiness, though she didn’t open her eyes to see if the feeling that she was growing roots was correct or not.

When the sensation died down, she looked up to see the opposite of what she had expected.

“You’re the guardian of earth?” She asked. He gave a silent nod, unsure of how to respond. “Huh, I half-expected you to look like some kind of mountain man. Then again, you’re all ridiculously attractive, so that was dumb of me.”

“Aw, you think we’re attractive?” Chen cooed.

“Cool it, sparky,” she quirked an eyebrow, starting a round of teasing the poor boy.

“That one didn’t seem too bad,” Suho mused, grinning as he watched Chen roughhousing with the other three boys.

“Yeah, Chanyeol and I planned it so it’d get easier as I go along,” she replied.

“Which one was next?”

“Light.”

“That’d be Baekhyun,” Suho informed her.

“And the earth guardian?” Dahlia asked, half-heartedly pointing at the young man who had ignored her for his brothers.

“That’s Kyungsoo,” Suho gave a small smile. “Don’t feel bad; he’s just shy around new people. He’ll warm up to you eventually.”

Dahlia nodded as Suho placed the light guardian’s card in front of her. She didn’t go blind as she had originally suspected. Instead, she felt the same warmth she had felt when she saw the vision of Chanyeol’s home, when the sun was cascading over her skin.

“I’m not blind,” she grinned.

“You did it,” Chanyeol chuckled, bringing his hand up for a quick high-five before he was pounced on by the guardian of light.

“I’m free!” The blonde boy sang.

“Get off!” Chanyeol grumbled, and the roughhousing continued as Baekhyun joined in the tangle of limbs.

Kyungsoo broke free and walked over to Dahlia, nodding his head lightly. “Thank you for freeing me.”

“I’m just doing what I can,” she shrugged. “Suho? Can you give me the wind card?”

“Sure,” he nodded, placing it in front of her.

Wind was the worst. It should have been right up there with frost and water. She couldn’t breathe. All the air had been from her lungs. Her vision was growing fuzzy.

“Oh my god, she’s choking!” She could hear Xiumin yell.

“Don’t touch her!” Chanyeol shouted, and she could only assume that someone had tried to help her.

She coughed violently, her chest hurting as air flooded back in when the wind guardian was released.

“Sehun!” Xiumin shouted, punching the tall male in the arm. “You nearly killed the chosen one!”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter