Chapter 19

Full Deck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol hadn’t told any of the others about Dahlia’s confession – she had wanted to tell the others on her own terms and he completely understood.

Unfortunately, that meant she was now on an unspoken countdown. Even though he loved her, he loved his brothers more – she knew he wouldn’t want her stringing them along, intentionally or not.

Which was why she was sitting in Vasilisa’s trailer with her two friends, languishing over the amount of people that she had to confess to.

“Why can’t you just gather them together and tell them all at once?” Manfred shrugged. “Get it done in one fell swoop – easy.”

The girls scoffed and looked at him incredulously.

“You are such a guy,” Vasilisa scowled, throwing a pillow at his head. Rolling her eyes, she turned back to Dahlia. “Okay, let’s start from the very beginning – how did you decide the order of who to let out of the cards.”

Dahlia hummed, curling her arms around her own pillow. “Well, after I accidentally let Chanyeol out, he and I made a list of how we thought the cards would react with what I can do. We went in order from worst to easiest.”

“Okay, so that’s what we’ll do.” Vasilisa nodded.

“What, you just want her to follow that same order?” Manfred wondered.

“Nope,” Vasilisa popped the last syllable, digging around her drawers for something. “We’re making a new list.”

She pulled out a pen and a notebook, flipping through the pages to find a blank one.

“Instead of going in order of powers, we’re going to go in order of emotions.”

She looked at her friends, a proud smile on her face that dropped when she saw the confused faces of her friends.

“Yeah, I know I’ve been getting better at the whole ‘feelings’ thing, but I still have the emotional range of a bird fountain so you’re going to have to be a bit more specific there.”

Vasilisa gave a small laugh and another eye roll. “Fine. You should confess in order of who you feel most comfortable with. You confess to them first since you’re at ease with them, and as you go along it’ll get easier and you won’t have any trouble with the ones that you like but aren’t necessarily as close to.”

Dahlia nodded. “Makes sense, I guess.”

“Perfect!” Vasilisa giggled, writing down and crossing off the first name.

1.Chanyeol

“I think whoever you confess to next, regardless of anything else, it should be the leaders.” Manfred voiced. “You know, like a respect thing.”

“I agree,” Vasilisa nodded. “So, Kris or Suho first?”

Dahlia thought for a moment. “Suho first. Kris was my first kiss and all, but Suho’s the calm kind of leader; I like that about him.”

“Plus it’ll cheer him up after Sehun showed off at the fountain,” Vasilisa winked.

2.Suho

3.Kris

“Luhan should be next,” Dahlia remarked. “He helped me get comfortable with skin contact by putting up a mental barrier. Plus, he was one of the ones who helped me develop my own mental barrier, along with Tao and Kai.”

“So should we put Tao down next, and then Kai?” Vasilisa asked.

“No, put Kai after Luhan.” Dahlia shook her head.

“Wait, why?” Manfred interjected. “He was pretty awful to you in the beginning.”

“He was afraid and running away from his feelings; I can relate since that’s what I’ve been doing my entire life. Plus, he was the one who instigated the lessons on obtaining my mental barrier.”

“Yeah, after he caused you to black out.” He sniffed.

“Oh just hush.” Vasilisa remarked. “It’s her choice, not yours.”

4.Luhan

5.Kai

6.Tao

“Okay, who’s next?” She asked.

“I don’t know,” Dahlia mused. “I think of the ones left I’m the most comfortable with Kyungsoo, and then Lay would be next. But the remaining three…”

“They’re the ones you haven’t really spoken to a lot, are they?” Vasilisa asked, with Dahlia nodding in reply.

“But wait, you’ve been cuddled up to Sehun and Baekhyun a couple times. Why wouldn’t you be more c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter