Interns pt. 1

No Other

    You awoke to the sound of an unfamiliar alarm clock, you tried to roll over to find the source, only to be stopped by the weight of a body half on top of yours.  Mina was cuddling against you, and arm wrapped securely around your waist while her head and most of her torso rested on your chest.  You smiled while looking at her sleeping form, before redirecting your attention to the incessant beeping on the night stand reaching over to hit the snooze button.

    The beauty laying on you remained unmoved as if she hadn't even heard anything in her deep slumber.  Looking at her, you couldn't help but push the hair out of her face, your fingers running through her hair for a bit before she started to stir.  She pushed herself up a bit with the hand on your chest, her hair fell in front of her face and she just flipped it to the side while smiling at you.  "Good morning," she chimed quietly.

    "Morning," you responded sweetly, looking into her eyes before grabbing Mina and rolling over to be on top. You planted a soft kiss on her lips before tickling her slightly, she giggled and tried to push you away.  "We have to go to work," you stated while stopping, leaving a final kiss to her lips before pushing yourself up off the bed to put on the rest of your clothing.

    "Awe," Mina whined from the bed, her head back down on the pillow as she pulled the covers up to her face.  "I don't wanna go to work."  You were already in the living room pulling your pants up and grabbing your shirt before returning to the bedroom.  Moving closer to the bed, you could see that her eyes were closed.

    Rolling your eyes you pulled the covers down in a attempt to wake her up from the cold morning air.  "Mina," you whispered into her ear, kissing her cheek then neck, before pulling away and sitting on the edge of the bed to pull your shirt over your head.  "I'm going to work, and if you're late I'm going to tell everyone in the office-" She sat up and kissed you, pulling away to blink a few times.

    "Okay I'm up," Mina pushed on your shoulder to get you to move as she shifted the rest of her body out from underneath the covers.  You left the room and headed towards the door to put your shoes on.

    "I'm heading out, I'll see you at work," you called from the other room, you actually needed to get a change of clothes before going in so you were sure she would understand.  It wasn't like you weren't going to call or something, cause you would definitely want to see her again.

 

 


    The morning started normal, as you sat at your desk and your desktop waiting for it to load you spun around in your chair and threw a wadded up ball of paper at Momo whose head was laying on her desk.  "It's just started and you're already asleep?" you asked as she shot up in her chair, her hair sticking to her face as she brushed at it and wiped the drool off from around .

    "Who's sleeping?"  Sana interjected while standing between the two of your desks.

    "No one," Momo answered cheerily as if she hadn't just been asleep, all grogginess had disappeared from her being.

    "Okay good, because I expect the both of you to be good examples for our new interns, of whom you'll be training today."  She was quite serious when it came to her job and you sighed as you reached for the file she was holding out towards you.  You and Momo both gave her a disgusted look, very displeased by having to train interns.  "Hey, think of it this way, I wont give you real paper work for a week if you do this."  She flashed a cute smile at each of you before walking back to her office.

    "Uhg," Momo laid the manila folder on her desk and flipped it open.  "What's your losers name?" she asked while seriously flipping through the pages attached.

    Opening your own you look at the picture then to her name.  "Son ChaeYoung, business and art major, needs intern hours for extra credit to graduate early," you read the summary in the file to your friend before turning to her.  "You?"

    "Hmm, Kim DaHyun,"  she bit her lip while reading more before facing you with a final report of what she would have to deal with.  "Business major, needs intern hours for credit to graduate at all, why do I get stuck with the dumb one?" she pouted, her sad face making you smiled.

    "She's probably not dumb, just more like you, partied too much and missed one too many classes.  Sana is pretty thorough about these things and pairs people up with who they would work well with."  It was true and you figured reminding Momo of this she might be more willing to accept her fate.

    "Then why did she put our desks close together?" she asked, obviously not settling.

    "Because you're a problem and she has to watch you, and she likes to pawn work off onto me so she keeps me close,"  it sounded a little rude as it came out of your mouth but you didn't care and turned away from her as you opened the program to properly log your intern into the system to have her I.D. card printed before she got there.

    "Oppa?" Momo was using a cute voice now as she was close to you now, wrapping her arms around your shoulders from behind.  You made a noise to acknowledge her presence.  "Will you log mine as well?"  You looked back at her in disbelief for a moment.  "Please?" she was just too cute when she wanted something.  

    "Fine," you stated and she quickly went back to her desk and came back to hand you the file.

    "Thank you, you're the best."  She gave you a final hug before going back to her desk to either pretend to work or actually finish something that should have been done yesterday.  

 

    You had everything set up, you had even built a training schedule to follow for the week and everything was organized on your desk for you to just grab and hand out.  But time was still ticking by slowly, it was only ten till eleven, the time the interns were to arrive though you assumed they would be late and decided to play on your phone.  The first thing you did was pull up Mina's number to change her name to something cute before messaging her.

To: Sleeping Beauty

    'Do you want to go out to lunch today?'

    Sending a quick message couldn't hurt and its not like anyone in her department paid attention to such things, unlike your immediate supervisor.  As you expected it didn't take long till your phone chimed and you slid up the lock screen to look at the message.

From: Sleeping Beauty

    'Yeah, but I can't go till around 2 is that ok?'

    You sent a quick message back reassuring her that it was fine because you had to train interns today anyways and wanted to wait.  Not but a few seconds later you got another message and smile spread across your face.

From: Sana

    'Are you even working?'

    Turning around in your chair, you saw Sana standing there with her phone in her hand as she looked down at you.  "Today is supposed to be an easy day for you two, but you're playing on your phone and Momo is categorizing supply orders,"

    "I was actually seeing if the next department over would want to borrow the interns sometime this week since they have that big summer fashion issue that they're working on for next month."  You quickly came up with an excuse and made a mental note to ask Mina about it later to get permission.  That also meant a day that you wouldn't have to babysit.

    Sana nodded while biting her lip as she looked at all the things on your desk.  "So you're going to change your training plan once you get the okay?" she was looking at the schedule that you had made.

    "Yeah I was trying to get it done earlier before I finished but you know, they don't work over there," Making excuses, it wasn't like every department didn't subtly bash on each other every now and then.  

    "Okay, well I hope you have fun on your lunch date," She gave you a teasing smile as she tugged on your cheek before walking back to your office.  Still caught doing the wrong thing she let it go, though now you wonder if she was hurt by that or not, despite the smile on her face you remembered her kissing you last night before you went to Mina's.

    "Momo, I have a problem,"  You stated urgently as you obtained the blondes attention.

    "What?" she asked as she turned around in her chair, immediately standing up with wide eyes as she bowed to someone on the other side of your cubicle.  "Hi, welcome, I'm Hirai Momo I'm so glad you decided to volunteer your time to our organization."  She was way to pleasant to new people, something that you had learned.

    Standing up from your chair you grabbed the name-tags you had had made and turned towards the interns.  "Kim Dahyun," you stated while handing the lanyard to a very pale girl with long dark hair who had a bright smile.  "Son Chaeyoung," the the other was quite short with short brown hair, an awkward smile planted on her face as she bowed to you.  "Welcome,  I'll give you a quick tour and then we'll begin a small training plan to get you adjusted to spending your summer here."

    You were trying to keep it professional but that was easily cut short by the people you knew.  "Awe look how cute they are, I love college students, so young preparing for life."  You turned to face Mina whose arms were wrapped around Momo in a back hug as she rested her chin on the blondes shoulder.

    "You're like maybe two or three years older than them," you stated, just now realizing that you didn't really know her age but assumed she was younger than you cause everyone else was and you weren't that old.  "Also this is a work place, what are you doing?"  Now questioning her closeness to your friend you were only slightly jealous.

    "Well you were texting but I cant hug Momo?"  Mina clearly dismissed your presence after that and turned back towards the interns, pulling away from Momo to bow courteously towards them.  "It's nice to meet you I'm Myoui Mina, I hope you get to have fun in my department as well instead of being stuck with this weirdo all day." She smiled at them and you wondered where this confidence came from.

    "Okay later in the week, we'll talk about it later." You gently grabbed Mina by the shoulders and guided her back towards the next room.  "Sorry about that," You smiled hoping that things wouldn't get to awkward.

    "You got this right?" Momo looked at you questioningly giving you a thumbs up then down then up then down and up again waiting for an answer to know if she could nap or not while you did all the training.

    "Yeah I got this."  You reassured with a fake smile before moving on to give your tour of the areas that they would have to go in order to complete a day of work.  Coffee, copy machine, paper, ink, paper clips, staples, for some reason the list went on and it took a while to go through the supplies room explaining how to log everything that they would have to take out of there.

    Luckily they were both competent and you didn't have to repeat yourself even though you did ask to make sure that they understood what was expected of them.  Finally finished with the tour you ended back at your desk where you would try to pawn them off on Momo because you didn't feel that you should have to take full responsibility.  At that moment you saw Sana peering out of her office waving for you to go to her.
    
    "Um, if you have anymore questions you can just ask Momo okay?"  you nodded and they nodded with you before you walked around them and to your supervisor.

    "Close the door, please." Sana stated while moving around her office to sit at her desk.  "Have a seat," she beckoned towards the chair across her desk.

    "It's not time for evaluations again is it?" you asked not really sure what other reason she would have to pull you in there for.
    
    "No, no it's nothing like that," she didn't make eye contact which was strange for the office but you continued to watch as she fiddled around with some papers.

    "So?" if it was nothing like that, then was it work related at all or something else entirely.  You were very concerned and slightly confused.  Sana straightened up a few more papers before looking up at you, as if she had to buy time to collect herself or something.

    "This is a professional work place and I know that you're very well aware of that," she started strong and you were a little worried as to where this was going but you hadn't done anything lately that broke any sort of rules.  "I wanted to apologize for last night," she looked at you and then away.  "I'm your supervisor and I didn't know you were seeing someone."  

    The atmosphere was suddenly really awkward but then again Sana was one of those people who could change the mood of a room to almost anything.  "How do you know I'm seeing someone, is this about the lunch date?"  You weren't sure if you were dating Mina officially but you didn't think Sana would take it that way immediately.

    "I'm not concerned with that, the thing is,"  She paused and looked at you, waving her finger lightly around her neck before continuing.  "You might want to think about wearing a scarf, or some concealer," completely straight faced she said this and you were still confused.

    "What, why would I wear a scarf?"  she mentioned makeup as well, this didn't make any sense to you.

    Taking a deep breath she sighed.  "You have hickeys and bite marks all over your neck, I'm surprised Momo didn't tease you about this, I thought you knew."  Your eyes widened in shock, she noticed all that but Momo didn't say anything, was it a cruel joke, you had talked to Mina earlier as well and she didn't say anything.  Thinking back at it, you didn't see any on Mina but you were sure after last nights events that she would appear that way as well.

    "I'll cover it up tomorrow," You adverted your gaze and scratched at the back of your head.  "It wont happen again,"  you stated while standing up, immediately wanting to leave.

    Sana had stood up and grabbed your arm before you got to the door.  "So, are you seeing someone?" she looked shyly up at you while asking this.  You could feel your face heating up, she was so cute sometimes.

    "I don't know yet," you answered honestly, your lips slightly as your eyes glanced down at her lips before you looked back into her eyes.

    "Oh," she let go of you and looked away.  "If you're not, we should go out sometime," she was biting her lower lip as she looked to the side.

    "Yeah, that sounds nice," you smiled before exiting her office.  It was weird but you were starting to fall for her and that wasn't something sober you usually did.  "Hey Momo, are we going out for drinks tonight?" you asked nonchalantly as you returned to your desk.

    "You're talking about alcohol in a work place?"  You turned around to face the intern who questioned your social life, Chaeyoung.

    "Yeah, surprisingly coworkers are sometimes friends outside the work place."

    "We're definitely going out, this place is stressing me out, also the apartment has been a total disaster."  Momo would start to rant about her roommates if you didn't stop her quickly.  You didn't have to though as another voice chimed in.

    "Can I come?" Dahyun asked, she looked rather eager to go out with real adults.

    "Can you keep up?" you questioned.  She flashed a toothy smile while nodding.  "Okay it'll be a learning experience,"  you turned to face the younger girl,  "You wanna come too?"

    "Dahyun unnie, this seems like a bad idea." she looked to her sunbae for answers.

    "It'll be fun besides, Momo will be there and she's the fun one remember." Dahyun gave her junior a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

    Momo sat up and looked at them for a moment.  "Good, now can one of you please get me coffee?"