Unfortunate Meeting

No Other

    You sat at your usual cafe as you waited for your friend, she was always late but eager to have caffine especially after a night of drinking.  "Momo!" you greeted cheerfully as you watched the blonde walk in.  "I already ordered for you," gesturing towards the cup opposite you on the table.

    "Sweet," she seemed more awake than usual, and took a big gulp of the already cooled off coffee.  "Oh, hey I invited my friend, she's parking right now." Momo didn't usually bring people along but when she did you couldn't really object, not when someone so adorable smiled cutely as she drank her coffee and looked at you with an eye smile.

    "Okay, I'm down," Momo's friends were always pretty but you didn't care, you had had a crush on the blonde from the moment you met her but never had the courage to say anything.  Not that it mattered, you still got to spend an unreasonable amount of time with her.  Working at the same place, always getting coffee, drinking at the same bar, going to see new movies whenever they came out and most nights you'd order take out and eat at her place.

    It was almost as if you were dating, she would hug you and sometimes hold your hand.  But there was a downside to being her best friend, like carrying all her bags after shopping or carrying her drunk back home, the worst was probably the amount of time you had spent in a woman's restroom for various reasons to take care of her.  There was never a dull moment, and maybe that wasn't always such a good thing.

    A few seconds of watching Momo and your attention was redirected to a beautiful, dark red haired girl walking through the door.  She took off her sunglasses and placed them in her purse as she made her way over to your table.  "You didn't say your friend was male, or cute,"  The girl smiled as she settled herself into a seat.  

    "He's not that cute." Momo said pointedly before continuing. "This is Mina," Momo introduced the two of you, you offered your hand politely and shook hers with a kind smile.  When she withdrew her hand you saw her look away with her face turning pink.  Is she blushing. you thought to yourself.

    "It's a pleasure to meet you, though I've never heard anything about you," you looked at Momo with an intrigued expression.  Usually she talks non-stop about her friends, it was strange to meet one that you hadn't heard a story about, or met while they were drunk and didn't remember you the next time you had met.  It was strange.

    Mina seemed to compose herself as she looked from Momo to you and back before saying anything.  "I actually just flew in from Japan yesterday, so she probably forgot I existed." She was shy at first before adding a playful note.  You just nodded, it was true though, Momo forgot about a lot of things and even sometimes forgot how to speak Japanese.  It was just another thing that you liked about Momo, though that was a lost cause as everyday she unintentionally reminded you of how uninterested she is in you.

    "You must be tired still from the plane ride, but how long are you staying?" you were curious if this was just a visit or business trip or something.  

    "She's actually moving here," Momo spoke quickly while looking down at her cup. That when you knew she was going to ask you for something because she always pawned off any kind of work that she could onto you.  "So I was wonderin-"

    "Why me?" you whined dragging out the words, cutting her off.  You knew what she wanted done and it was easy but you didn't get paid enough for it considering she didn't pay you.  

    "Please, it's jus-"

    "You want me to find her an apartment without getting scammed?"

    "Well you are-"

    "The best, I know," you always knew what she was thinking, and you kinda hated how she used you like that, but then again you might get something out of it this time.  "You're buying tonight," you stated plainly.

    "But that means." Momo trailed off, she was pretty quick to understand you.  Looking down sadly then up her expression did a one eighty as she looked at Mina.  "We can both get drunk if we have a designated sober friend."  She was excited at the proposition but Mina just seemed confused by the whole thing.

    "So, you guys are going drinking tonight?" she asked wearily, not sure if she wanted to be included in Momo's devious plans.  You just shook your head in disappointment.

    "You're an alcoholic," you stated, not sure if you should be proud or concerned about how much the little blonde could drink.

    "I'm not an alcoholic," she thought about her words for a moment before continuing.  "I'm just thirsty." You stared blankly at her for a moment, astonished by her denial.

    "Go to work," you stated as you stood up waiting for her to realize.

    "Oh yeah," Momo jumped up and grabbed her things.  "So you'll take care of Mina?" she shouted as she was running out the door. You gave her a thumbs up before she ran out to the sidewalk and away.

    "So, you have an area in mind?" you asked Mina, unsure of where you were going to start especially since you didn't know anything about her.

    "Momo said you knew of a few places around here," she didn't look at you but you watched her take a deep breath while standing up.  "But, that's just convenience because the work building is down the street."  Confused it took a moment for it to click.

    "So you work at the same place Momo and I do?" you asked, it wasn't unlikely, they did have a company in Japan as well so she could have just transferred.

    "Yeah, I transferred.  Since I studied Korean they said the transfer would be good so that I could see how things worked here for a year or two before going back and comparing strategies."  In the marketing industry it wasn't that uncommon, you had seen a few coworkers transfer to Japan but not so many from and Momo didn't count because she's crazy.

    Walking towards the door you made sure Mina was following you before opening the door and holding it for her.  This was going to be easy, it wouldn't be the first time you had apartment hunted with someone.  "So, are you staying at a hotel or at Momo's or something?" You asked, it would give you a better idea of how long you would have to look.

    "Well, I stayed in a hotel last night, but it always feels strange so I don't like staying there.  I don't think I would be able to stay with Momo, doesn't she have like two or three roommates where she's staying?"  Mina was quiet but it was cute especially when she brushed her hair behind her ear and smiled at the ground.

    You composed yourself, getting your thoughts straight.  You couldn't fall for her, not when you still liked Momo, could you? Shaking your head you were really off track now.  "Yeah, something like that, I go there a lot and yeah it's probably not the best to stay there, between Nayeons crazy antics, Jungyeons weird jokes and Sanas being." You paused before saying that last word, it was the only way to describe her.

    Mina laughed at the way you described Momos roommates, it's not like it was untrue. "But yeah, we'll see what we can find today and if nothing good then you can just crash at my place I guess." You offered, it wouldn't be the first time a girl stayed over but you couldn't help but really want her to stay there.

    "Yeah, that would be nice, if you don't mind." She covered with her sleeve as she looked up at you shyly.

    "Oh where did you park?" you asked suddenly remembering that she had a car of some sort.  She just continued walking till you got to a parking lot where she walked over to a pretty blue vehicle.

    "You coming?" she waved at you to get in.