Woof

Mimi & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                "Seul-ki's cooking is really the best!"

                Woohyun closed his eyes and smiled widely while munching his food. Seul-ki who was sitting opposite of him smiled as well while her husband was making a face. Woohyun opened his eyes again and took another bite, and made whale noises to show how delicious her cooking was. Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

                "You don't have to say it with each bite."

                "But it's really good! Do you know how lucky you are, hyung?" he said, sticking out his head and frowned at the older man, causing Sunggyu to jerk back. Woohyun sat properly again and stared at his bowl with a serene smile. "I want to cook like this for my wife too."

                "Not the other way around?" Sunggyu asked.

                Woohyun grinned, "I want my wife to squeal about delicious my cooking is so she will feel she's so lucky to have me as her husband."

                Seul-ki smiled brightly while Sunggyu sighed before getting up. When Sunggyu left for the kitchen, Seul-ki put down her spoon and stared at Woohyun who was munching slowly with a smile on his face. "Did something happen?"

                Woohyun stopped short but managed to put on a smile before looking up. "Nothing happened. Why do you ask?"

                Seul-ki made a thoughtful face, "Woohyun-sshi is always laughing and smiling but... you're not really smiling right now. I can somehow feel it..."

                Woohyun dropped his face again and smiled weakly. Seul-ki pulled in her lips, wondering if she has said something unnecessary. "I'm sorry... Things haven't been working well lately."

                "...Is it about that person? The one who said my ginger cookies are good?"

                "Un..." He nodded, somehow feeling shy. "I did something bad..." They fell silent for a moment. Seul-ki looked around the table, seemingly searching for words. Woohyun who fell bad, quickly said, "It's okay! There's no need for you to think about it... I'll somehow... fix..."

                Seeing that he couldn't even finish his words, Seul-ki smiled sadly, "I can't give much advice but... Just, don't give up. Oh...? From what Woohyun-sshi told me, she seems like a very nice person. And I'd love to meet her someday... Eat ice-cream together and bake cookies for her... Somehow, hearing about her makes feel like I have a sister!"

                Woohyun smiled gently and nodded. Before he had another chance to talk, Sunggyu appeared and knocked his head gently with a soju bottle. He blinked rapidly when he saw him holding two small cups. "I think you need some."

                "I think I do," he said, with a weak smile.

                "Well, I think I'll wash this up and watch Nissan concert again~" Seul-ki announced, picking up the bowls on the table.

                "Yah, don't watch that!" Sunggyu said, almost shouting.

                Seul-ki stared at him, bewildered. "What? Why?"

                "It's... It's not good for the babies!" he blurted, and Woohyun almost cracked.

                "What?"

                "Loud noises aren't good for babies!"

                "I'll watch with a low volume then," she said, pouting angrily and stormed off to the kitchen. Woohyun watched his miserable hyung who looked like he was going to throw up somehow. He pulled him to the sofa and sat him down.

                "Hyung, I thought you've learned your lesson to not provoke her?"

                "I tried not to but the word Nissan... TVXQ... The effect is triple stronger to me ever since she got pregnant... It seems like there are three Seul-kis," Sunggyu said, appearing pale as if his soul has gone out from him. Seul-ki came out of the kitchen with an angry face and entered the bedroom, slamming the door. "There goes another week without activities..."

                "But really, Seul-ki seems like she has a switch to change personality lately. Pregnant women are indeed scary..."

                Sunggyu sighed, pouring him a cup of soju. "Cheers..."

                "Cheers." Woohyun said, sipping the soju with a small smile.

                "So? What happened? Did you force yourself on her?"

                "What?! Of course not! No, wait..." Woohyun then cupped his mouth, wondering whether he had gone too far in slipping his hand inside her pants. He didn't expect that his hand would travel there but seeing her that night... He wanted to own her. He could still remember her heavy breathing and her quiet moan as he moved his fingers. The dimmed gaze as she stared up at him, the dampness at her hottest spot. She wanted to be owned.

                "Did you?" Sunggyu asked again, with a horrified face.

                Woohyun snapped out of his thoughts. "I did not! She was already wet!"

                "What?"

                "Ahh!! I mean! Never mind that! Why is hyung trying to give me advice now?" he said, sighing. "If you're thinking that something happened, let's just say nothing much happened. We only made out."

                "Oh." Sunggyu made a straight face and gulped down a cup of soju. "Tell me what happened. Don't keep it to yourself and cry on your own."

                "I'm not crying..." Woohyun muttered.

                "Don't give me that. You're the first man I met who has cried so much," Sunggyu said, frowning at him. Woohyun turned scarlet and sniffled. "I know you're not the type to actually talk about what's bothering you but I'm your hyung. So if you need to cry..."

                Both went silent for a moment before Woohyun poured himself another cup of soju. He drank it slowly and keeps twirling the cup in his hand before telling Sunggyu the whole story. The older man was quiet the whole time, and kept on staring at the ceiling even after he had finished the story.

                "I guess... I reap what I sow. I didn't want to leave that night, not without giving her a proper explanation but I think it would only make me appear defensive with a lot of excuses."

                "Did you try to contact her?"

                "I called her but she didn't pick. She hasn't replied my texts either... It's been three days."

                 Sunggyu dunk down a cup, squinting his eyes as it went down his throat. Then he took a deep breath. "Should we make a plan like how you guys did for me?"

                "They never worked..." Woohyun sighed.

                "But they somehow work... Though in the end, I guess it was love that saved me. If she didn't love me, I wouldn't know what would happen..."

                "But for me, it's too early to call it love... We barely know each other. We are just starting but things are already falling apart like this. How could there be anything for us to land on?"

                "You can land on bed."

                "Hyung!"

                "You were the one who taught me these things!" Sunggyu laughed but quickly stopped upon seeing Woohyun's miserable face. "You're really serious about her..." He sighed and leaned into the sofa, "And I think she's serious about you too. I think for the time being, give her some time to think, but you shouldn't wait too long. Don't be cowardly like me. Don't let her get hurt... Even when she seems alright, there'll always be a scar. No matter how many times you've asked for forgiveness..."

                Woohyun smiled weakly and drank another cup of soju, and he watched his hyung in deep thought, thinking about no other than Seul-ki. Somehow he felt jealous thinking about them; even through the ups and downs, they have survived and were then expecting their first child. Just at that moment, Seul-ki came out of the kitchen and approached them, looking calmer and a bit shy.

                "Please shower before you go to bed..."

                Sunggyu's smile was so wide that it made Woohyun a little repulsive. He couldn't help feeling that it was really cheesy, but it still felt nice. What could be nicer than having someone to love and someone who loves you? Their foundation was really strong then that a trivial bicker seemed like it never happened. They would always be able to forgive one another. That was the level that Woohyun was really trying to build. He could imagine building it her somehow. But it seemed that his level wasn't going to go up at that rate.

                He walked back to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter