Sweet

Mimi & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Woohyun kept on looking over his shoulder while he was dressing up that morning. Each time their eyes met, Mi-hae who was sitting on the bed in her pyjama would look away, trying to pretend that she wasn't looking. Woohyun took a deep breath and once he was done getting ready, he sat on the bed and patted her head. She appeared glum and was still avoiding his eyes.

                "I'll be back soon, oh?"

                "Do you really have to go..." she asked; her voice quiet.

                He smiled weakly, "It's a not a choice because it's work... Besides, I have to cover the hours that I skipped before."

                "Then you will quit...?"

                He considered her question carefully, "Do you hate that job that much?"

                Mi-hae frowned and bit her lip a little. "I'm just worried..." Clearly, she was thinking about how he fainted on that crane before. Thinking about it made Woohyun felt embarrassed somehow; he scratched his head.

                "Un, I'll quit..."

                Mi-hae looked up with kitten eyes that made him gulped. "Really...?"

                "Un..." he nodded, trying not to blush. He cleared his throat and got up from the bed to the living area with her tagging behind him. He stopped at the front door to put on his shoes and then turned to her. She sniffled and pouted a bit. "I'll be going."

                "Un..."

                "I'll see you soon..."

                "Un..."

                "No popo for me?" Woohyun asked. Mi-hae looked up and her cheeks turned pink. He continued, "If you give me one popo, I will come home 1 minute earlier."

                "Then two popo is two minutes?" she asked, hiding her smile. "Then, 60 popo is one hour..." Mi-hae looked like she was seriously counting when Woohyun neared her ear and whispered.

                "If you let me kiss your other lips, I won't go to work at all."

                "Y-yah!" she shrieked, and Woohyun quickly ran to open the door and hid behind it. He was smiling widely, looking at her pink face. She frowned and sniffled. "Rated..."

                "I love rated Mi-hae too," he said. "No popo?"

                Mi-hae pouted but she came over and softly popo his lips. Then she pulled in her lips. "I'll give the rest at home..."               

                "Are you planning to popo me for one million times so that I won't go anywhere at all?" She nodded and frowned, and Woohyun laughed and said with wide grin, "Just kiss me there and I won't go anywhere."

                "Yah rated!" she shrieked again, and Woohyun ran away laughing. She peered from the door and waved at him. As she watched him disappearing at the corner to the elevator, her heart became heavier. Of course, there was no way for them to just spend the day idly. She would start going to work soon, too and she dreaded it. Mainly because they will be away from each other for hours and her job wouldn't be so kind in letting her have time for anything else.

                "Mi-hae, saranghae!"

                Mi-hae looked up and saw Woohyun peeking from the corner, waving at her excitedly. She felt better again and waved back shyly. "Saranghae..."

                Once Woohyun was gone, Mi-hae stood in the living room, trying to figure out what to do. She looked at the clock - it was still early. She considered cleaning up but Woohyun was a quite a neat person that nothing really needed to be retouched. So she sat down on the sofa, the TV and watched something without much interest. After just half an hour, she fell asleep and woke up an hour later. She dragged her feet to the kitchen and ate a half piece of cookie while standing. She thought Woohyun wouldn't mind it if she ate that little. But she ended up eating two half piece...

                Shaking her head so that she'll stop, Mi-hae opened the refrigerator and wondered what she should eat for lunch. Woohyun said he may not be able to come home for lunch. She sat in front of the fridge before it started dinging and startled her. Sighing, she stood up and stared at the closed refrigerator door with a contemplating face. Then she looked at the clock.

                "I guess I'll make lunch for him?" she said to herself rather sheepishly. She took out some eggs and gathered other ingredients. She might not be an excellent cook but she believed her food were quite good as she spent her uni life cooking a lot for herself. And it took her the whole morning to prepare the meal with upmost care, and although the visual were only satisfactory, they tasted good, she thought. Excitedly, she packed them up nicely in a lunch box and put inside a thermal bag. Then she hastily got ready, and tried to practice to not look too excited. But she was, all the way there and because she intended to give him a surprise, she didn't tell him she was coming. And so, it took her a while to actually look for him around the building he was working at before finding him at the park behind it.

                Her heart raced when she saw him but not only because she found him after walking a lot but because he was sitting with someone- a woman. Her stomach started rampaging again and she quickly hid behind a tree not far from them. She clutched the lunch bag tightly and tried to figure out who she was but couldn't see anything as her back was facing her. But Mi-hae found herself more miserable when she saw Woohyun smiling and laughing so happily. Who was that lady who can make him make such expression...?

                Mi-hae looked to the ground, feeling defeated. Not because she thought Woohyun had another woman; somehow that didn't even cross her mind. And although Woohyun smiling and laughing should be a good thing, she was trying to deny the greed deep inside her. That she should be the only woman who can make him make such face besides his mother and grandmother, of course. She was so lost in thought that she didn't hear her name was being called and a hand suddenly grabbed hers. She almost jumped.

                "W-Woohyun!"

                "Mi-hae, you came to see me?" Woohyun said, still carrying the same smile he had while talking to that woman. She flustered.

                "Uh, yeah... I was just..." she tried to make up an excuse but words failed her. Woohyun smiled knowingly and grabbed her hand to walk towards the woman who was sitting on the bench. She kept her composure but she really wanted to run away at that moment. She thought she might have had squeaked a little.

                "Mi-hae, meet Seul-ki, my sister-in-law!" Woohyun said, gleefully.

                "Sister in law...?"

                Mi-hae finally looked at her face properly and the other woman blushed and gave her a shy smile. She blushed too for some reasons and looked down again, and quickly noticed her big bump. A small gasp escaped from her lips; more so when Seul-ki stood up with a bit of difficulty. She waved her hands frantically to stop her.

                Woohyun looked from Mi-hae to Seul-ki and laughed. Both of the women looked puzzled and Mi-hae blushed even more. She bowed a little. "Hello, I'm Cho Mi-hae..."

                "I'm Lee Seul-ki. Uh... I'm so glad I finally meet you..." she said, bravely but still with a shy tone. "My husband told me about you and I heard from Woohyun-sshi too..."

                "Husband?" she asked, slowly.

                Woohyun told Seul-ki to sit down first and sat down Mi-hae as well,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter