Bloom

Mimi & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Mi-hae was lying on her back, looking up her phone with a really huge smile. She couldn't deny that the pictures turned out lovely, and the cake looked really delicious as it was but her eyes were fixed only on Woohyun, who was giving a rather shy smile. After a moment of staring, her wide smile faded gradually and suddenly her face felt really warm. She put her phone on her tummy and cupped her cheeks.

                "Ah... Embarrassing," she squeaked and felt so shy. But it was only momentary when she put up her phone again and stared at his picture again, studying his sharp nose, his imploring eyes, his fluffy lips... Fluffy lips... Mi-hae gulped as she stared at those pair of lips when the phone suddenly vibrated again with pop-up text which came from Woohyun, and she was too surprised that the phone dropped flat onto her face. But she quickly recovered, her tummy and her heart beat a little faster when she opened the text.

 

Woohyun: Really thank you for today. ^-^

She gulped and typed slowly.

Mi-hae: No, thank you for going out with me... I'm sorry I made you watched that movie.

His reply came in a flash.

Woohyun: It's okay. I had you beside me. ^-^

                Her face flushed again when she remembered how she had buried her face in his shoulder and how he shifted nearer to her just to make her felt better when he himself was obviously frightened.

Mi-hae: Thank you for the fleece... It was really warm.

Woohyun: You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that.

Mi-hae: Well, good night then, Nam Woohyun-sshi...

Woohyun: Good night. Sweet dreams!

                Mi-hae her back and reread their conversation over and over again. Then, she stared at his picture again, wondering if it was all just a dream. She sat up and took out the fleece from the paper bag and rubbed it gently against her cheek. Even though it warmed her during the movie, most of it was because of her fast-beating heart when their shoulders touched. She turned to her side, hugged the fleece while biting her lip and felt a little pain in her chest. It was another new feeling for her - this uneasiness. It was like the moment she turned her back on him. Somehow, it made her felt really relieved to see his smile, despite the fact that they've only met a couple of times. And when their conversation ended, there was a little tugging feeling inside her heart.

                 She caressed the fleece for a moment before grabbing her phone, which vibrated at that very moment. Her heart was beating fast. She was holding her chest as she read the text.

Woohyun: I can't seem to be able to sleep...

Mi-hae: Me too... Is it because of the movie? :(

Woohyun: That's just one small part of the reason. But it's not the main one... Don't worry.

Mi-hae: Is something bothering you?

Woohyun: You can say that...

Mi-hae: What is it...? Do tell me if you don't mind.

Woohyun: Can I ask one question?

Mi-hae: Yes, go ahead.

Woohyun: Will you go out with me again?

                Mi-hae's eyes widened and her whole body felt warm. He was asking such an obvious question which made her embarrassed to anwer.

Mi-hae: Yes. I'd love to... Is that what's bothering you...?

Woohyun: I'm so relieved to hear that... Is it okay to talk? But you should sleep if you're sleepy!

Mi-hae: No, we can talk. I'm not really sleepy... I do want to ask some questions too... Is that okay?

Woohyun: *nods* *nods* *nods* ^-^

Mi-hae: What kind of animals do you like?

Woohyun: I guess I like all kind? I really would like to have a dog and a cat! How about Mi-hae-sshi?

Mi-hae: Ohhhh! I love them too. So cute! *smiley* Do you like stars?

Woohyun:  Stars? I'm actually looking up at them tonight. Though I can't see them very clearly... But yes, I do like stars. *inserts star*

Mi-hae: How about the rain?

Woohyun: Hmm... I don't mind if it's raining if I have someone with me.

                Mi-hae felt her face flushing again and didn't reply immediately. His reply was sort of cheesy but at the same time, dreamy and a little lonely. She began to wonder what sort of person he was. She typed a question but didn't send until he texted her again, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Woohyun: Mi-hae-sshi likes the rain?

Mi-hae: I do. I love playing in the rain, when I intend to, that is. But not when I'm caught in the rain...

Woohyun: We should someday play under the shower then! And lie down to look up the stars. ^-^

                Shower...?!  Mi-hae was blushing terribly, knowing that he was referring to the rain but that didn't make her stop thinking about rated things. "I'm a byuntae...?" she whined, throwing a little tantrum on the bed.

Woohyun: Are you sleepy, Mi-hae-sshi?

Mi-hae: No, no! I'm sorry. Um, do you like broccoli? Cucumbers?

Woohyun: Cucumbers...?

Mi-hae: Cucumbers.

Woohyun: I guess I eat them... I do like vegetables. ^-^ Mi-hae-sshi likes cucumbers?

Mi-hae: Ohh! I love cucumbers! :D

Woohyun: That's good to hear. ^-^

Good to hear? Mi-hae: Do you sleep in total darkness or with lights on?

Woohyun: I'm actually a light sleeper... So I prefer to sleep in the dark.

Mi-hae: I see. Um... Is it okay if I ask some personal questions? It's up to you if you want to answer them...

Woohyun: Sure, no worries. *emoji*

Mi-hae: About your job... Aren't you scared?

Woohyun: You mean heights? Hmm... At first, it was but not anymore, I guess.

Mi-hae: You like that job?

Woohyun: I do. There are things you can see from high places that you can't see from below. You will feel much closer to the sky that you can see the different hues of blue. The wind is different too.

Mi-hae: That sounds nice... Nam Woohyun-sshi is really brave.

Woohyun: Hahahaha. I'm not. It's all that I can do.

Mi-hae: Um... Can you tell me about your family?

Woohyun: I have a small family. Just me, hyung and parents.

Mi-hae: Oh, me too! Only my brother and me. Do you live with them?

Woohyun: I have my own place. ^^ What about you?

Mi-hae: Oh, at the moment I'm staying with my uni friends...

Woohyun: You're going to graduate soon, right? Will you go back to your hometown then?

Mi-hae: I'm not sure yet... It's kinda far from here. Maybe I should just work here.

Woohyun: I won't be lonely too, if you're here.

Mi-hae:  I guess that's not a bad idea... >_<

Woohyun: I'm happy. *emoji* Mi-hae-sshi is making me happy. Hehehehe.

I'm making him happy...? Mi-hae: Woohyun-sshi, you don't have a girlfriend, do you...? *shy emoji*

Woohyun: I don't. Do you? *worried emoji*

She sighed in relief. Mi-hae: I don't. Um... I'm not sure if I should ask this... but how was your past relationships?

He took about 3 minutes before replying. Woohyun: Well, the last one... It didn't end well. She left me for someone else. But it was because of me, so...

Mi-hae: Do you still love her...?

Woohyun: I don't think about her that much anymore. But I did love her.

Mi-hae: I'm sorry for asking such questions...

Woohyun: I don't mind. We're getting to know each other, right? So it's only natural to be curious. Don't worry, don't worry! *pats pats* You can ask me more. I'm happy you are asking.

She bit her lip. Mi-hae: What do you value the most in a relationship?

Woohyun: Hmm... Trust? Actually, I value everything... At least I try to. The time we spend together, smiles, words exchanged...

                She felt a little block inside . Who knew such simple words would affect her that much? They have only met recently but undeniably she was treasuring every moment with him, and she didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter