Opposite - CNU

Until Always (B1A4 One shots)

In 1949, Shinwoo was twelve and she was eleven.
“Oppa!” She was calling her friend next door while playing with her puppy in her backyard.
“I am coming~” Shinwoo replied while wrapping his scarf around his neck.
“Keep yourself warm, son!” Shinwoo’s mum shouted towards Shinwoo while washing dishes in the kitchen.
“Yes I will.” Shinwoo shouted back and went towards her. “Hey~”
“Oppa~ Play with me and Channie~” She smiled and patted her puppy Channie’s head.
“Hey Channie~” Shinwoo patted the puppy’s head as well. Channie barked as greeting him back.
“Let’s build a snowman!”
“Sure.” They were building a snowman while Channie was running around them.

“Shinwoo Oppa~ I made a grass ring for you!” She handed her a grass ring. “We will be together forever! Mama told me that rings are for commitment. So, promise!”
“Thank you!” Shinwoo put the ring on. “I made one for you as well!” He put his handmade grass ring on her pinky. “We will be together forever. Merry Christmas, girl.”
“Merry Christmas Shinwoo Oppa!” She buried her head into his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist.

In 1950, he was thirteen and she was twelve.
“Shinwoo, pack your things!” Shinwoo’s mum shouted and kept on packing their things nervously.
“Why mum? I planned to play in the backyard.”
“There will be war! We have to leave!” His mum shouted. Shinwoo was panic and followed his mum’s order. “We will be going towards the south!”

“My dear daughter, pack your things! We have to go!” Her mum announced.
“Go? Where?” She asked while feeding her puppy.
“We will be going towards the north.”

Korean war started in 1950 and ended in 1953. After that, Korea was divided into two parts along 38th parallel. The two parts are North Korea and South Korea.
The two didn't get a chance to say goodbye before leaving. And they were separated, by the cruel war, and the 38th parallel.

In 1965, Shinwoo was 28 and she was 27. Shinwoo’s life wasn’t hard. He studied hard and became a doctor. He missed her and kissed the grass ring once.
“Hyung is missing his girlfriend again.” Gongchan, Shinwoo’s colleague shouted. Shinwoo didn't mention anything about her to his colleagues but they could see how Shinwoo treasured the grass ring on his pinky.
“Awww… that's sweet.” Sandeul, Shinwoo’s another colleague exclaimed. Shinwoo rolled his eyes.
“I have a surgery to do. See you around.” Shinwoo said and left the pantry. Shinwoo knew where his heart belongs so he never got a girlfriend. He believed they would meet again.

Her life was hard. She didn't get a chance to study, She had to help with farming.
“Kim Il-sung man-sae!” The farmer shouted before started their work.
“Kim Il-sung man-sae!” She followed but she rolled her eyes. She hated her life. Kissing her grass ring once, she smiled and started working. Thinking of Shinwoo made her strong. She believed they would meet again.
“Hey!” Her friend Jinyoung walked towards her and greeted.
“Hey Jinyoung oppa. Let’s work.” She knew Jinyoung had a crush on her. But she had Shinwoo in her heart.

In 1985, Shinwoo was 48 and she was 47. Shinwoo was still single.
“Shinwoo hyung, are you still waiting for that girl?” Sandeul asked while drinking his beer. Shinwoo told them about her.
“Yes,” Shinwoo answered. “I promised.”
“But you have tried to find her for twenty years already…” Gongchan said.
“I believe she is in the north…” Shinwoo replied.
“If you say so, there will be a reunion for inter-Korean separated family… Will you join?”
Shinwoo nodded while looking at his grass ring.

She was still single.
“Jinyoung oppa, please find a good woman and get married. Don't wait for me.” She told her friend.
“Who… Who said I am waiting for you?” Jinyoung rebutted.
“Anyway,” she smiled. “I am sure Shinwoo oppa is waiting for me, although I can’t find him.”
“I heard he is in the south…” Jinyoung whispered as he was afraid there would be secret police eavesdropping. “And, there will be a reunion for inter-Korean separated family… Will you join?”
She smiled while kissing her grass ring.

In 2000, Shinwoo was 63 and she was 62. Shinwoo felt he had to try again. He failed to apply for the reunion in 1985.
“Shinwoo hyung…” Gongchan was playing with his grand daughter. “Are you going to try again?”
“Yes.” Shinwoo was determined. “I have to see her! I am sure I can see her this time!”
“Fighting!” Gongchan encouraged. “Say ‘Fighting’ to Shinwoo haraboji~”
“Fighting!” Gongchan’s grand daughter said.
“Thanks.” Shinwoo patted Gongchan’s grand daughter’s head.

“Will you apply for the reunion?” Jinyoung asked.
“Yes!” She smiled while looking at her grass ring. “I hope I can see him again.”
“You will.” Jinyoung smiled.

“The airplane will soon arrive Gimpo International Airport.” The cabin crew announced. She got the chance for reunion and she would be getting to see Shinwoo. This reunion would be last for only an hour and would be highly supervised by the North soldiers but she didn't mind as long as she could see her Shinwoo oppa. The soldiers lead them to the conference room and waited for the south. She felt her heart beating faster while she was looking at her grass ring. The door was pushed open and the south appeared. There was a suit guy leading many elderlies into the room. She looked at every incoming elderlies and tried to figure out who is her Shinwoo oppa. She saw one old man with eye smile and she spotted his grass ring on his pinky.
“Shinwoo oppa…” She cried. Shinwoo heard that and tried to rush to her.
“My dear girl… we finally meet again…” Shinwoo embraced her tightly and he felt his tears started rolling down on his cheeks.
“Thank you for fulfilling your promise…”

Word Count: 982

Author's Note:
I planned to post it on 16th but I forgot. 
Happy belated CNU day. 
I miss them T_T
Please comment and subscribe :D
Yay. 
Btw I felt like there are less BANA in AFF. :(
but... B1A4 is the best idol... T_T