Welcome - Baro

Until Always (B1A4 One shots)

“Welcome.” Baro said after hearing the doorbell of the grocery store rang, signaling there was customer entering. He saw a girl around his age walking towards the snacks aisle. The girl wore a tight bun and she was short. She took a pack of potato chips and walked towards Baro. She paid and left. “Please come again.”
“Hyung, isn’t she cute?” Gongchan went near Baro after he rearranged the drinks in the drink aisle.
“Yes.” Baro nodded.

“Welcome.” Baro was working at the cashier again and he was playing with his phone. That girl appeared again. Baro raised his head and saw her. She has slightly chubby cheeks. She walked towards the snack aisle and took a pack of potato chips. She walked towards Baro and paid. “Please come again.” Baro said. The girl nodded and left. “It is her again…” Baro whispered.

“Welcome.” Gongchan switched place with Baro so Gongchan was working at the cashier. Baro was arranging the products in different aisles and he was in snacks aisle. That girl came again. She walked towards snacks aisle and Baro was surprised. She smells like mango. Baro smiled. Baro handed her the pack of potato chips she usually buys.
“Thanks.” that girl muttered and walked towards the cashier after taking the pack of potato chips. She paid and left. Her voice is so soft. Baro smiled again.
“Hyung, she comes everyday!” Gongchan was talking to Baro loudly because there were no customers in the store now. It was the fourteenth consecutive day that girl comes to the store and buys chips.
“Yes.” Baro smiled at the fact.
“Hyung, do you like her?” Gongchan smirked and asked.
“Maybe.” Baro walked towards the snack aisle and her mango smell was lingering around. Baro smiled.

“Welcome.” Baro was working at the cashier and the girl came again. Baro was excited. The girl took a pack of potato chips and walked towards Baro. She paid and ready to leave.
“Miss, what is your name?” Baro asked with full courage.
“Call me R.” the girl said and left. Baro was shocked by what he heard so he didn't see the little smile plastered on the girl’s face.
“Hyung! I heard what you asked!” Gongchan laughed and ran towards Baro. “You sound so dumb!” Baro decided to ignore Gongchan. It was the twentieth consecutive day that girl comes to the store.

She came again. Baro was waiting for her to walk towards him.
“Errr… Miss, can I know you?” Baro asked with full courage.
“I thought you already know my name.” She said.
“Errr… I mean… to know more about you…” Baro started to stutter. She smiled, paid and left without replying Baro. That smile made Baro’s heart fluttered.
“Hyung you got rejected!” Gongchan laughed again. Baro ignored him. It was the thirtieth consecutive day that girl comes to the store.

Baro changed his clothes and ready to leave. He was a little disappointed because he didn't see that girl.
“Channie, see you tomorrow.” Baro said and pulled the front door open. That girl was pushing the door as well. She came! Baro was excited and stood beside the door, waiting for the girl to leave.
“Errr… where are you going?” Baro asked the girl.
“Home.” She replied.
“I… err… can I walk you home?” Baro blushed and asked. He knew his question was ridiculous.
“Sure.” She smiled. Baro was shocked because she agreed with his ridiculous idea. She walked out of the door and Baro immediately followed. They walked for ten minutes and Baro realized she lives so far away from the store he was working. She stopped suddenly and he nearly bumped into her. “I arrived.” She said.
“Oh… okay… I… Err… see you tomorrow.” Baro scratched his nape and said.
“Sure.” She smiled and walked into the resident building. Baro saw her smile and nearly fainted. Baro smiled like an idiot and went home. It was the thirty-fifth consecutive day that girl comes to the store.

“Hyung~ what did you do yesterday?” Gongchan smirked because of the scene Baro asked that girl for walking her home.
“Walked and left.” Baro said. “She lives so far away! There are a lot of convenient stores on the way to her home! But she comes everyday!”
“Hyung~ maybe she comes everyday for you!” Gongchan teased.
“Really?” Baro was happy when he heard what Gongchan predicted.
Ding. The girl’s arrival made the boys froze.
“W-Welcome!” Gongchan shouted. The girl ignored them and went to the snack aisle for the potato chips. “Hyung, get changed now. Go with her!” Gongchan whispered to Baro and Baro ran to change. She walked towards Gongchan. She took out money and got ready to pay. Gongchan panicked because she would be leaving after paying but Baro needed time to change his clothes.
“The cashier machine is … errr… not working… so please wait for a moment…” Gongchan lied.
“Sure.” She knew what Gongchan was thinking so she smiled at his silliness. Baro ran out from the resting room. Gongchan then collected her money.
“Can I walk you home?” Baro asked.
“Sure.” She smiled and walked. Baro followed her behind and he took the chance to appreciate the short girl in front of him. “Baro.” She called him by his name. Baro was so shocked.
“Y-Yes?” How does she know my name? Baro thought.
“Thank you. I arrived.” She smiled and lightly hugged Baro. So warm. Baro thought. “See you tomorrow.” She walked into the building. Baro was still stunned by the sudden action of the girl. He stood there for five whole minutes. What he didn't know was the girl was looking at him from her window.
“Babo.” She smiled and said while eating the pack of potato chips. It was the thirty-sixth consecutive day that girl comes to the store.

“She hugged me! She hugged me!”
“I know. You have said that from last night. You even called me at 2 am for this surprising news.” Gongchan replied emotionlessly. “Are you going to confess to her?”
“Nooooooooooo…” Baro was scared.
“Hyung are you babo? She likes you! She even let you to walk her home!” Gongchan exclaimed. His voice died down when he saw her pushing the door in. Baro panicked as well. Did she hear anything? She took a pack of potato chips and went to the cashier. She paid but she didn't leave. She looked at Baro.
“Do you want to walk me home?” She asked. Baro widened his eyes.
“Wait for me to get changed!” Baro ran into the resting room and got changed. She nodded and smiled at his silliness. Gongchan was still shocked at the scene. Baro had done changing and she walked towards the door and went out. Baro followed her. They walked quietly just like the past few days. They arrived the resident building she lived in.
“I… errr… I like you…” Baro remembered what Gongchan said so he confessed.
“I know.” She smiled and said. Baro was disappointed because of her simple replied. “Thank you. See you tomorrow.” She said and hugged Baro. She tiptoed a bit and pecked Baro’s cheek. She walked into the building. Baro was stunned and stood there for fifteen minutes. She was looking at him through her window.
“Babo.” She smiled and ate the potato chips. It was the thirty-seventh consecutive day that girl comes to the store.

She went to the store everyday and Baro walked her home everyday. They didn't talk at all. She hugged and pecked his cheek everyday but Baro didn't dare to ask why. Baro was afraid if he asked too much she would stop pecking his cheek.
It was winter. She came and Baro was walking her home.
“Baro.” She suddenly called his name.
“Hmm?” Baro replied.
“I am cold, can I hold your hand?” She asked. Baro’s brain stopped thinking and his reflex automatically decided his body action. He held her hand. They held hands while walking towards her home. “I arrived.” She said. Baro didn't want to let go. She smiled and pulled his hand.
“S-Sorry…” Baro apologized.
“Baro, I like you.” She confessed and kissed his lips lightly. “Goodnight.” She walked into the building. Baro chased her behind.
“I like you too!” Baro shouted at the lobby. She smiled and guided him into the elevator. She pressed 6. Baro was so nervous because she didn't speak during the trip to sixth floor. She opened her flat’s door and lead him in.
“What do you want to drink?” She smiled and asked.
“Errrr… warm water is fine…” Baro was still standing at the door, amazed by the simple and tidy flat in front of his eyes. He looked at the girl pouring warm water into a glass at the open kitchen. “R…” Baro whispered.
She smiled at him with a glass in her hand. She handed him the glass. Baro nervously drank some water. “Baro, don't just stand there. Come and sit with me.” She pulled his hand lightly and guided him to sit on the sofa with her.

“Baro, you might be curious why I have to walk to the store for ten minutes for a pack of potato chips everyday. I am actually studying in the university behind the store. One day I saw you working inside the store and I felt like falling in love…” She whispered the last few words because she was so embarrassed. She looked at the pack of potato chips in her hand and she decided to open it. Baro heard her whispering and he smiled. She is so cute! Baro thought.
“So you decide to come everyday for seeing me?” Baro grinned and asked, knowing her intention. She nodded and she blushed. She distracted herself by eating potato chips.
“Awww… you are so cute. You come to the store without any expression so I didn't know you are that adorable!” Baro said excitedly, making her blush harder. She decided to shut his mouth by shoving his mouth with potato chips.
“You should know how to shut you own mouth.” She said and glared at Baro. Oops. Baro thought. But she is still so cute while throwing tantrums. Baro chewed and swallowed the chips in his mouth and smiled at her.
“Babo.” She said and smiled at Baro as well. She held his hand and leaned onto Baro’s shoulder.

After that day, she came to the store everyday and wait for her boyfriend.
“Noona! Baro hyung is so mean! He teased me for having no girlfriend!” Gongchan pouted at her.
“Hey! Don't make my girl fall for you!” Baro butted in before she could answer. She smiled at their silliness and held her boyfriend’s hand.
“Let’s go.” She smiled and said goodbye to Gongchan. The two walked towards her home while Gongchan was standing outside the store, looking at the two silhouettes.
“I want a girlfriend tooooooooooooooo!”
It was the hundredth consecutive day that girl comes to the store.

Word Count: 1828

Author's Note:
I set the title of this one shot as 'Welcome' because it is the first word appeared in the whole story. XD
I am not sure should I change it to Potato Chips or not.XD
Anyway, please comment. :P