Chapter 5

Game Over

“I can’t. Take this. Anymore.” Kwangmin exclaimed through gritted teeth. They had taken down Himchan’s body and lay the body on the stairs, covered in blankets.

Youngmin reached for his twin, and without words, hugged him quietly. Kwangmin let go of his tears on his brother’s arms, and is now sobbing and shaking violently on Youngmin’s arms.

Hyunwoo sighed from where he’s seated, scrunched in between Siwan and Kiseop. Siwan reached for his brother’s hand and squeeze it slowly. Kiseop had his arms flung casually on Hyunwoo’s shoulders. Ever since Seungjae’s death, he acts as if Hyunwoo is his own sibling.

Baekhyun is lying on the floor, tapping his phone absent-mindedly as he stares at the blank TV screen. Suddenly, probably getting bored of staring off into spaces, Baekhyun got up. “I’m hungry.” He stated. “I’m going to grab some food here.” He said as he make his way to the door.

“Wait!” Hyunwoo called from his seat. Baekhyun stops, his hand on the doorknob.

“You shouldn’t go alone after the incidents that had happened.” The younger boy said as he got up on his feet and smiled. “I’ll accompany you.”

Baekhyun just shrugged as if it was no big deal, but deep down inside his heart, Hyunwoo knew he’s relieved.

“Wait, Hyunwoo!” “Don’t go!” Siwan and Kiseop shouts come almost together, and Hyunwoo raised his brows before he smiled, one of his warming crescent eye smiles. “Gee, what’s wrong with you guys.” He said, rolling his eyes in a playful manner before leaving the room with Baekhyun.

                ***

“I have a confession to make.” Kwangmin suddenly stated as soon as Hyunwoo and Baekhyun is gone. Kiseop and Siwan turned their heads to Kwangmin, and Youngmin sighed as if he already knows what’s his twin intended to say.

Kwangmin took a deep breath before opening his mouth, and his sentence came out in a jumbled sentence.

“i—we—meandhyung—helpedhim—hetookourbrother—sowedon’thaveachoice—“

What?” Siwan said, both to Kwangmin’s inaudible sentence and the realization that came after it.

Kiseop just stared at both of the twins, an unreadable expression flicked on his face.

Youngmin sighed before putting his hand on his twin’s palm to calm him down. He then opened his mouth. “We received an e-mail about three days ago—“ he said, and with that, he opened his phone, show the other two boys the screenshot of the  e-mail he and Kwangmin both received.

Siwan and Kiseop took Youngmin’s phone and examine the e-mail, still not saying anything.

Youngmin sighed again. “As you can see, the e-mail is anonymous.”

“Why don’t you track the IP address, then?” Kiseop finally said, his voice sounded so sharp that even Siwan flinches.

“We tried, okay? We tried.” Youngmin replied. “But it’s no use. The IP address is from an internet café. And so, as you can see, the e-mail contains the picture of our brother Hyunmin—“ Youngmin’s voice trailed off as tears started to choke his words.

“Anyway,” he continued, stuttering. “Hyunmin is on a fieldtrip in Japan, and that—that bastard, he sent us photos of Hyunmin, threatening us that he would kill him if we don’t help him.”

“If you’re smart, you’ll probably go to the police.” Siwan stated slowly.

Youngmin looked at him desperately. “We have, okay? But we don’t have any evidence that it isn’t any prank mail. The police told us that they will search for the sender, but they said it’s just a prank mail.” Tears had started to fell from Youngmin’s eyes. Kwangmin reached up to hug his twin, which seemed like the perfect thing to do. Youngmin took deep breaths before composing himself again.

“What makes you so sure that it isn’t any prank mail?” Siwan asked again, softer this time.

Youngmin gulped. “Well, after the police told us that it was prank mail, we were convinced, until when Hyunmin sent us photos from his fieldtrip on the same day when the e-mail arrives, and he’s wearing the same outfit as the photos in the e-mail.” He laughed bitterly.

“So, Kwangmin and I go to the police again and they said that they’ll add privacy-breaking and threatening to the lawsuit, but they don’t take the case seriously. We knew.”

“So? What did you do then?” Siwan asked softly, urging Youngmin to finish his story.

Youngmin gulped, and Kwangmin squeezed his brother’s hand encouragingly. “So, we came home, and worrying our heads off, because that bastard doesn’t even say what help did he need.” He shook his head. “And then, we received Tao’s message—you know, the message that invited all of us here?”

When Siwan and Kiseop nod, Youngmin continues. “Well, we were so stressed at that moment that we think a little vacation is good. So we came here. And this is all where it all started.” His voice started to tremble as he took his phone away from Kiseop’s grips and opened up the message app, showing the messages to both Siwan and Kiseop.

“He messaged Kwangmin, telling him to cut off the electricity in the house for an estimated time of five minutes when I connect the TV cable, so when the light is flicked on after an estimated time, the TV will immediately goes on. He also included more photos of Hyunmin that we were so afraid we decided to do his order, thinking it was just for prank.”

“So that’s why you’re standing in front of the TV when the lights went on,” Kiseop said softly, more to himself.

“To be honest, we were shocked after that message on the TV appeared,” Kwangmin suddenly said, his body shuddered. “I don’t think anybody is crazy enough to do that, but that only proved that if he was crazy enough to kill Tao, then he would surely do the same to our brother.” The thought itself made him shudder and Youngmin puts a warm hand on his twin’s shoulder.

“I received another message after that,” Kwangmin continued, now flicked his phone open and showed the message to Siwan and Kiseop. “He told me to deflate all tires on the parking lot, and I did as I was told. I told Youngmin afterwards, when we were searching for bicycle.”

“But when Yongguk dies.. I think I was really terrified that some fate might be happened to Hyunmin, and also angry at myself for not be able to prevent it, so I guess I was being kind of rude and escape to the kitchen.” Youngmin adds in, suddenly looked guilty. “I’m sorry. We don’t do anything other than what’s written in the messages.”

“I trust you.” Siwan stated with so much confident that both Youngmin and Kwangmin really wanted to hug him right now.

Much to their surprise, Kiseop opened up his mouth. “I believe in you.” He whispered softly before suddenly falling on his knees. “God, how I believe in you!” he suddenly broke out in series of choked tears. “Now I know who to be mad at for Seungjae’s death. Now I know who’s responsible for the deaths in the last hours, and god, how I’m relieved that none of us is the real killer!” he yelled, his body shaking violently from tears.

Siwan also had tears in his eyes. Without words, he enveloped Kiseop’s body in a warm hug, and with an uncertain look flashed towards each other, Youngmin and Kwangmin enveloped their body to Kiseop and Siwan’s body, enveloping them in a bear hug.

“God, how I’m glad you trusted us,” Youngmin muttered, his eyes filled with tears.   

"HYUNWOO!"

They all jolted in shock as the sound of Baekhyun's scream came to their hearing range. Without so much as a glance, Siwan break free from their hug and fleeing from the room, looking worried.

-------

HAHA how was it? I'm sorry I couldn't update sooner tee hee, but this story is not fully finished yet, and so I had to cram the time to write this on my *sigh* school-life.

Oh, and thank you new subscribers!:) and thank you all who took the time to leave sweet comments!;)))