Chapter 4

Game Over

“This is crazy.” Hyunwoo stated, putting his head on his hand.

Gee¸ thanks for enlightening us with the obvious.” Youngmin retorted, a cold smile tugging on his face. “Like hell we don’t know.”

You, shut up! How dare you to talk like that after what you’ve done to Seungjae?!” Kiseop yelled from the other side of the room, where Youngmin’s twin Kwangmin is comforting him. Kwangmin looked at his twin with a look of pleading before looking at Kiseop again.

Siwan sighed. “What else can we do, then?”

“Wait to be killed. Of course not.” Baekhyun retorted sarcastically. Hyunwoo opened his mouth. “Hey!” he snapped, and Baekhyun looked embarrassed for a split second before going back to his usual smug self.

“I can’t take it anymore.” Himchan, whom after Seungjae’s death had becoming more quiet than usual, suddenly opened his mouth.

The others looked at him, surprised that he finally talks. “We just need to catch the killer, right? Then what if I say I’m the killer? Will it be over?!” He said, shaking, tears welling on his eyes. Five pairs of eyes looked equally as shocked as the others eyed Himchan.

 “Himchan, don’t say that—“ Siwan started, but Himchan cuts him off, throwing himself to him, crying non-controlled. “Kill me, then, Siwan! Kill me! Then this nightmare will be over for me!” Siwan swallowed the lump on his throat before looking away, tears also started to well up on his eyes.

Himchan turned his attention to the others. “Kill me!” He shouted, almost desperately. “Then this devil’s game will be over! Please, Kiseop, please, kill me! I know how angry you are right now! I’m the killer, Kiseop, so kill me!” Himchan fell down on his knees, his teary eye looks expectantly at Kiseop’s direction. Kiseop looked at him before slowly shook his head. “This is not right, Himchan.”

Himchan let out a howl of uncontrollable sobs before slumped on the floor. “Himchan, please don’t do this.” Hyunwoo said, positioned himself beside him and hugged the taller boy. “Please, Himchan. Please, don’t act like this.”

“I’m the killer, Hyunwoo.” Himchan stated slowly, his red eyes bored through Hyunwoo’s hazel one. “I’M THE KILLER, SO KILL ME!” he yelled, lurched forward to grab Hyunwoo’s collar. Hyunwoo choked before Himchan let him go, sobbing uncontrollably to himself. “Himchan, don’t. Please don’t.” he hugged and begged as tears started to dwell on his own eyes as well.

Without words, Himchan gets up, pushing Hyunwoo on the way. The younger boy stayed on his position on Himchan’s feet, insistent on not letting go. Only when Siwan later taps his shoulder then Hyunwoo let go of Himchan’s feet.

Without as even much as looking back over his shoulder, Himchan left the room, slamming the door after him. Baekhyun stands up to follow him, but Siwan puts his hand on Baekhyun’s, and with a shook, tell him not to move. “He probably wants to be alone.”

With an accused look directed towards his twin, Kwangmin stands up. “This won’t happen if you didn’t act like .”

“Oh, so it’s now my fault?” Youngmin threw his hand on the air. “Don’t blame me, blame the killer.”

Kwangmin opened up his mouth, ready to retort back, but Kiseop taps his hand gently on Kwangmin’s shoulder. With a loud humph! Kwangmin slumped back on his seat, sulking beside him.

After five minutes or so seating and shooting each other looks, Kiseop opened up his mouth. “You don’t think he’s the real killer, right?” he stated carefully, picking each of his words carefully.

Hyunwoo nods in agreement. “You see how frustrated he was earlier?”

Siwan nodded, followed by Kwangmin. “Yeah, I don’t think a killer has ever begged to be killed before.” Kwangmin replied with a shrug.

“Hey!” Hyunwoo snapped, and Kwangmin held his hand up in feign surrender. “Don’t mean it to come like that.”

“What about you two?” Kiseop asked again, this time his question is directed to Baekhyun and Youngmin. Youngmin just shrugs. “I don’t see him killing anybody.”

Hyunwoo opened his mouth again to shout at him, but Siwan nudges his rib, and he clamped his mouth again, frowning.

“I don’t know. I mean, everybody is, in fact, a potential killer. Or killers.” Baekhyun stated nonchalantly with his usual smug expression.

“Oh, cut it, Byun Baekhyun! You’re the cause of Himchan’s outburst! Don’t pretend to be wise.” Kwangmin spat before rushing through the door, slamming it behind him.

Before Youngmin could react, however, Kiseop is already on his feet. With a sigh directed to Baekhyun, he goes outside the room, closing the door behind him, following Kwangmin’s steps.

                ***

The sound of a loud clattering sound made all the people in the room jolted up in surprise. Rushing to the voice, they find both Kwangmin and Kiseop under the staircase, kneeling on the floor, picking up scattered glasses.

“What happened?” Siwan asked, looking concerned as he eyed the scattered glasses. Luckily, both Kwangmin and Kiseop’s hands looked okay. There’s no wound or cuts or bloods.

  Youngmin immediately envelopes his twin in a tight hug, mumbling his inaudible sorry, choking in his own tears as he realizes how close he is to losing his twin.

Hyunwoo awkwardly pats Kiseop’s shoulder. “What had happened?” Baekhyun asked. Kiseop tilted his head. “I don’t know. We—me and Kwangmin—are looking for Himchan when a rubber ball comes toward us. You know, the rubber ball Himchan always carries on his pocket?” when they all nods, Kiseop continued. “Yeah, well, the rubber ball comes from upstairs, so we thought that he might be upstairs. But when we reached the staircase, a vase suddenly fell down and shattered, and yeah, the rest of you know the story after that.”

Baekhyun bends over to examine the glass. His eye looks puzzled as he looked back up. “It’s the vase Tao kept on the table beside the stairs upstairs—you know, the one he really liked.”

“But why is it here?” Youngmin asked, looked as equally as puzzled as Baekhyun. Baekhyun shrugs, still frowning. “I think we should check upstairs.” He said as he began climbing the stairs. Not too long after, he disappeared from view, as the stairs take turn. The position where Baekhyun is now is unseen from the bottom of the stairs.

Suddenly Baekhyun came running, tumbling on the stairs, his face pale. “You better check it yourselves.” He stuttered, looking at each one of them in pure terror.

-----------

So. Sorry for the late updates.

I know, it's such a cliche and lame reason, but can I say that school-life had been keeping me busy?

Sorry. Hm, I updated the last chapter after my exams and right now I'm in the middle of yet another exams season..

Is it just me or time had gotten faster and faster?

I must've gotten old.

So, enough of my rants. Sorry for the late update! Thank you for waiting!

---

P.S: re-reading the story and I got freaked out by my own story like how on earth is that possible

I'll try to update next week, if exams don't eat me alive.