Chapter 3

Game Over

“I want to get out of this house.” Himchan croaked as he sat down on the couch, followed by a concerned-looking Siwan.

Kiseop flashed a worried look to Siwan before cleared his throat. “I personally would suggest we walk and leave this house, but seeing that, uh, incident before, I knew that it’s impossible for us to get out—That psycho probably planted bombs on the road, which he will not deactivate until next morning, judging from the message—And it’s risky enough, so I say no, we should stay in this house.”

“Oh yeah? And let somebody, whoever it is, killed us?” Baekhyun snapped with a cold tone.

“Hey Baekhyun, you know that’s not what he meant.” Hyunwoo retorted, massaging his temple.

“Then what?” Youngmin adds in, also in a cold tone. “It’s ridiculous enough to think that we have to stay in this house, but with the fact that one of us is probably a killer, then that means I’m trapped in a house full of potential killers.”

“Hey!” Seungjae growled, arching from his seat. “Don’t ever say things like that, Youngmin. I’m disappointed in you, I thought we all knew each other better.”

“Ooh, look who’s talking.” Kwangmin said calmly, eyeing the sight in front of him, his lips formed a cold smile. “The boy who couldn’t even bid Yongguk his last goodbye.”

Upon hearing his words, Seungjae flinches and Himchan yelped, before putting his head in his hands. Hyunwoo quickly enveloped Himchan, calming the other boy.

“Could we all stop talking like we hated each other, please?” Kiseop snaps.

“Whatever.” Youngmin said as he walked to the door. “Where are you going?” Kwangmin called after his twin. Youngmin turn, his cold expression remained on his face. “Toilet. Care to join?” He retorted, slamming the door behind him.

“Shouldn’t we follow him?” Siwan asked carefully. Kwangmin shook his head. “Nah, if he said something like that, that means he wants to be alone.”

Seungjae bits his lip, looking worried. “I should follow him and apologize, then. I’m the reason he’s acting like that.”

“Hey, what do you mean by that? I’m the one that started the sensitive topic.” Kiseop said, patted Seungjae’s shoulder warmly.

“And I’m the one who causes his outburst.” Baekhyun said calmly, looking at Kiseop. “Sorry, though.”

“While we’re on it, Seungjae, I’m sorry I said rude things about you.” Kwangmin sighed, looking at Seungjae.

Seungjae smiled. “Okay, then. Friends?” he said, as he and Kwangmin do a fist-bump. They all laugh, wondering how on earth they got into that situation.

After that awkward moment of saying sorry and such, and still no signs of Youngmin, Seungjae glances at his watch. “It’s already ten minutes. I’ll go find Youngmin, then.” He said with a concerned look before going out, closing the door behind him.

                ***

Youngmin’s scream made all of them jolted up from their seats. Kwangmin was the first on his heels, looking concerned as they rush to the sound.

They found Youngmin outside of the bathroom, closing his eyes and rocked his body back and forth.

“Hey, hey, hyung, what’s wrong?” Kwangmin said as he approached his twin, pulling him in a tight hug. The others followed, not sure why Youngmin screamed before. And that’s when they saw him. Yook Seungjae.

He’s lying sprawled on the floor with pieces of glass shattered all around him. One look at the bathroom mirror and the fact that it’s no longer there confirm their suspicions that he’s being killed by that mirror. The killer probably slammed him to the mirror.

“I.. I was in the kitchen, when I heard something crash. I ran here and I found..” Youngmin’s voice faltered.  Kwangmin squeeze his shoulder.

“Why were you in the kitchen?” Kiseop hadn’t intended his voice to sound that sharp. One look at Youngmin and he’s sure that the boy is as shocked as him, but that does not change the fact that his cousin, Yook Seungjae, is now dead.

“No, why were you going out anyway?” Kiseop said, his voice barely above whisper now. “If only you would stay in the room, this would not happen!” Kiseop suddenly yelled, lurched himself to Youngmin.

Baekhyun quickly pulled Kiseop away. “We could play a game of ‘what-ifs’ all day long, Kiseop.” He said quietly. “But that’s not going to change the facts that Yongguk and Seungjae is now dead.”

Kiseop shakes on Baekhyun’s hug. When Baekhyun finally let go of him, his face is expressionless. There’s nothing, absolutely nothing on his eyes, although he kept appear calm and composed. Without words, he take off his coat and goes inside the bathroom.

All eyes are on him as he gently covered Seungjae’s body with his coat, leaving only Seungjae’s head to be seen. Without the blood and glass that sticks on his body, Seungjae looked like he is just sleeping. Kiseop is crying silently the entire process, and he made no efforts to make his tears unseen. He looked down at his hands that is covered in Seungjae’s blood after he covered him, and looked like he’s going to break down. Instead, he shook his head and turned the shower to wash his hand.

And that’s when he saw that message. Carved on the space between the shower and the tap, the message reads:

Right now, I won.

                ***

Hey, sorry for the late update :(((((

I had exams last month and let's say I'm flunking in Social Studies and Math TT___TT

and my parents said that I need to study if I want to be accepted to a good college

Which I did, so,

sorry for the late update.