Chapter 2

Game Over

It only took about five seconds to register what they had just seen, and the room erupted with so many noises.

“HEY, HEY, EVERYBODY!” suddenly Siwan yelled, making everybody turned to him. He sighed. “Okay. I know this is ridiculous—I found it ridiculous also. But despite the fact that I didn’t want to believe what I just saw, I also knew that what I just saw is true, that Tao had been killed.” He scanned the shocked faces in-front of him as his words sunk into them. “However, I’m not interested in finding the killer, like what was written on the screen. I, honestly, just wanted to go out from here, and called the police.”

Yongguk’s face suddenly brightens up. “We could call the cops! Just tell them to come here—Tell them that there are some psycho..” He said as he typed 119 on his phone before stared at the others in utter disbelief. “There’s no service! Gee, I swear I had a 3G signal before the lights went out.” He cursed, touching his phone helplessly.

“That’s okay, Yongguk. I’ll call them.” Kiseop said, pulling out his phone before looked up in disbelief. “I couldn’t believe it! I got no service too! Damn operator.”

Hyunwoo’s face suddenly lifted up. “Hey! There’s that telephone,” he said, pointing to the telephone that is hanging on the wall before making his way there. As he punched the numbers and put the telephone on his ear, his face suddenly darkened.

“It’s no use.” He called as he made his way and slumped down beside Siwan. “There’s no dial sound—The cable must’ve been cut or something.”

Everyone just slumped down on their chairs helplessly before Youngmin opened up his mouth. “Why don’t we try to get outside? I’m sure our car is strong enough to break through Tao’s gates.”

Despite the grumbling, all eight of them finally found themselves out, only to find an unbelievable sight.

“I so can’t believe it!”  Seungjae cursed, running to his Mercedes. All four tires of his car had been deflated. And he’s not the only one. Siwan cursed loudly as he saw his deflated Maserati, and Kiseop kicked his Ducati tires helplessly.

.” Seungjae cursed, loud enough for everybody to hear as he kneeled beside his motorcycle. “Whoever that is, he’s going to pay for what he did.”

Youngmin walked from his Lamborghini, looking stunned. “I couldn’t believe what he did to my tires. One of it cost six-hundred-and-sixty-one dollar, for ing god’s sake! And now I’ll have to buy four?” he fumed, looking at his car as if hoping for some miracle and his tires would magically un-deflated by themselves.

Baekhyun, who all this time is kneeling beside his Ferrari, slowly make his way towards them. “Well, he certainly does more than annoy us. By deflating our cars, that means we can’t go outside.” He said carefully, and finished his sentence by ruffling his hair frustratedly.

Everybody sunk in his explanation. Tao’s house is on top of the hill, the only house in the area because he said he wanted peace, and right now, each of them silently cursing Tao because of that. The nearest police station is ten kilometers away.

Kiseop suddenly flicked his finger and laughed, making everybody stared at him weirdly. “I’ll be a fairy princess if Tao already moved his bike from the garage.” He said, and everybody looks slightly relieved. Huang Zitao hated cycling, and he bought his BMX bike just because he thought it was cool, and then put it in the garage, and never ride it ever since.

As everybody scrambles to the garage, Kwangmin found the bike, leaning on one side of the garage. He took it out, and everyone fell silence again. Everyone felt the same—They all want to get outside the house, but no one is eager enough to bike for six miles in the dark. And with a glance to his wrist-watch, Yongguk knew that’s absolutely impossible to reach the police station before dark.

Yongguk cleared his throat. “Um. Who wants to go?”

“I’ll go—“ Siwan started to speak, but Hyunwoo yanked his brother’s arm. “No, hyung. Just stay with me, please.”

“I’ll go, then.” Kiseop said, rather nonchalantly before Seungjae pulled his shirt and drag him back. “What? No! What would I say to Uncle Lee if you’re gone? We need to stick together.”

After what seems like eternity (although in fact is just fifteen minutes), Yongguk cleared his throat again and took the bike before sat on it. Himchan yelped, as if his best-friend’s act just surprised him, but Yongguk smiled.

“I’ll go then—I expect I’ll reach the police station by 7 PM, tock.” He said, pedaling the bike as if to try the feel on his feet.

“No, Yongguk, don’t go—We just need to stay together until next morning.” Siwan shrieked, suddenly looked terrified.

“But then, what? After next morning, our tires won’t magically pump themselves.” Kwangmin snaps in rather rudely, eyeing his car.

“Hey, I know you’re worried sick about your car—But Siwan’s right.” Hyunwoo snapped back, defending his hyung.

Yongguk cleared his throat before smiling. “It’s okay. I join that cyclist club, remember?” he said. “And I love you guys, just in case. And although this sounds sappy, tell my family I love them too.” He said, a smile curled on his lips.

“Yongguk, this is ridiculous—Don’t go—“ Himchan finally said, but Yongguk already pedaled towards the gate. “Nothing’s gonna happen, guys. I’ll reach the police station by 7 pm, guys, don’t worry.”

His voice doesn’t even faint yet when a loud explosion filled the air, and for a second, thick smoke covered the air. When the smoke fades, they notice that Yongguk’s already gone.

“Yongguk!” Himchan yelled as he ran to the gates. The others followed silently.

Himchan had already cried before they even reach the gates, for he knew what sight he would see.  And sure enough, the sight that they see is what they all had expected, though there isn’t much to see.

Himchan fell down beside what had once been Yongguk and the bike, and started wailing helplessly. Baekhyun stared at the remaining before his heels abruptly, avoiding the sight, followed by Youngmin and Seungjae, each of them had an uncomfortable but also guilt that they couldn’t see their bestfriend for the last time.

Without words, Kiseop enveloped Himchan with a hug, just as Siwan ran to his car to get blankets. Once he gets it, with the help from Hyunwoo, he covered Yongguk’s body with it. Kwangmin just stare at the sight in front of him with blank expression before he helped Hyunwoo and Siwan covered the site.

Game, start.

                ***

hmm, what do you think?