Save me

Religious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun couldn't focus much on the wedding preparations because all he could think about was Chanyeol.

"Oppa... are you sure you're not sick? We can just postpone the wedding."

"No, of course not! I want to get married on November 27... No other dates."

"I figured out that you met him again, huh?" Taeyeon chuckled.

"H-How?"

"So I was right? I'm getting good at guessing you, Byun Baekhyun. So knowing from when it all started, you saw him at the monastery, right?"

Baekhyun sighed as he nodded.

"What did you say?"

"We're... We're not friends anymore. I shove him off and he didn't even stop me. In fact, he even acknowledge it."

"What's his name?" Taeyeon sat on the bed.

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun slightly smiled as the name slipped through his lips.

"Wait, Park Chanyeol?" Taeyeon's eyes widen.

"Yeah, how did you know?" Baekhyun sat next to Taeyeon.

"Umm, well you see... Father Yixing told me that there is a seminarian who will be a priest in a few months. I wanted to help that person be wiser in being a priest... That seminarian is Park Chanyeol." Taeyeon bit her lip.

"W-What?"

"Should I change it?"

"I don't know what I'd do if I see him... on my own wedding."

"Then stop this wedding." Taeyeon smiled as she held Baekhyun's hands.

"I want to but... if I do stop this wedding, he still won't love me."

"I don't want to incage you in something that doesn't make you really happy. We both know we're doing this because of responsibilities but... shouldn't we do things for happiness?"

"Taeyeon... I'll continue this."

"Fine, whatever you say." Taeyeon pouted as she stood up and left the room.

The next day, Chanyeol and Baekhyun bumped into each other in the park.

"C-Chanyeol..."

"Hi." Chanyeol smiled slightly.

Baekhyun was just about to pass by him when Chanyeol held his wrist.

"Umm, so you're getting married on my birthday."

"Yeah... I forgot about that."

"I'll be there so yeah..." Chanyeol scratched his nape.

"Sorry that you won't be celebrating the whole day on your birthday." Baekhyun nodded.

"It's okay. Your wedding won't last a day. I won't be there for long." Chanyeol smiled.

"Oh, right." 

"I have to go." Chanyeol bowed before walking away.

Baekhyun tried to stop the tears but failed miserably.

November has come and Baekhyun is more than nervous.

He's going to get married.

And Chanyeol's going to be there to witness it.

That day, they already start the ceremonial practice.

"Baekhyun, don't walk too fast!" The wedding organizer groaned.

"I-I'm sorry..."

Chanyeol chuckled as he watched Baekhyun make angry faces behind the organizer's back.

"Oppa..."

Chanyeol turned his head towards the voice's owner and saw Taeyeon.

"Oh, hi Taeyeon-ssi. Nervous?"

"Not really. How about oppa? You're going to become a priest. There's no turning back." 

"Yeah... I can't even turn back anyway." Chanyeol said while eyeing Baekhyun.

Taeyeon smiled as she saw Chanyeol's gaze on Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol oppa, your friendship with my fiance... heard that you two ended it?"

"It's not like I'm the only one who decided on that. It was a mutual agreement." Chanyeol shrugged.

"Aigoo, aren't the two of you so shallow to throw away a friendship with a confidential reason?"

"That's how things are, Taeyeon-ssi."

"Drop the formalities. I'm no stranger."

Baekhyun smiled as he saw Taeyeon and Chanyeol talking.

"Glad the two of them is getting along..." Baekhyun mumbled to himself.

After a while, they practiced their vows together.

"Aigoo, this is silly. We're saying this as if we really mean it." Taeyeon pouted as Baekhyun only chuckled.

"So, the two of you are being nice?" 

"Well, you know how to pick men really well." Taeyeon showed a thumbs up.

"Of course! That's why everyone was shocked when I picked you." Baekhyun smirked.

"Hey, what does that mean?!" Taeyeon frowned as she repeatedly hit Baekhyun.

A fake cough was heard and the two turned around and met Father Yixing.

"Aigoo, the two of you are being so fluffy." Father Yixing laughed.

"Father, don't be like that."

"I'm happy for the both of you."

"Thank you, Father." Taeyeon hugged Father Yixing.

"This pretty young lady." Father Yixing chuckled.

"Hey, it's a long week ahead so let's all go home and have a rest." Baekhyun stood up and pulled Taeyeon along

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter