The dream of a sacristan named Chanyeol

Religious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun went to the church early to practice the pian but he was surprised to see Chanyeol who seems like he's practicing his walk down the aisle.

"Chanyeol-ssi?" 

Chanyeol turned around to see Baekhyun confused.

"Oh, Baekhyun! You're here early." Chanyeol smiled sheepishly.

"I have to practice the piano. Seems like Chanyeol-ssi is also practicing."

"Stop with the formalities. We're just the same age. And nope, I wasn't kind of practicing." Chanyeol embarrassingly scratched his nape.

"Huh? Are you sleepwalking and talking right now?"

Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun's choice of words.

"Of course not! I'm just... trying to fulfill 10% of my dream?"

"Dream? You dream to walk on the aisle?" Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

"I plan to be a priest." Chanyeol grinned.

Baekhyun's smile falters.

Oh no...

"Why?"

"I don't actually have a valid reason for that. I guess... seeing priests give advices to people and just... I don't know how to explain!" Chanyeol laughed at his nonsense speech.

"Are you actually sure you want to be a priest?"

"Mhm! This is actually one step closer to my dream." Chanyeol nodded in determination.

"Oh, good for you..."

"How about you? Why did you go here?"

"I guess... I fell in love with this church." Baekhyun chuckled as Chanyeol snorted.

"What?" Baekhyun glared playfully.

"Not a lot of people like this church."

"I'm not one of those people." Baekhyun shrugged.

"I'm glad you aren't. Because if you are, I wouldn't have met you."

"I'm glad too." Baekhyun lowered his blushing face.

"Don't make a mistake, okay?" Chanyeol said jokingly.

"You too, Father Chanyeol." Baekhyun chuckled.

Chanyeol smiled as he patted Baekhyun's hair which made the latter blush a slight shade of pink.

"Well then, I better go. The priest will arrive any minute." Chanyeol waved goodbye and walked away.

Baekhyun squealed when Chanyeol was out of sight.

Soon, the mass started with the singing of the choir as the sacristan, lay minister, and lastly the priest walked on the aisle.

Baekhyun chuckled at how cute Chanyeol was.

Chanyeol was really into the gospel.

Baekhyun swore he has never met anyone like him.

As the Holy Eucharist began, Chanyeol pulled a lay minister towards the choir.

"Chanyeol, we'll get here anyway. Don't need to immediately give them a chalice." The lay minister chuckled at the pouting sacristan.

"But I want my friend to taste God now." Chanyeol whined.

"Aigoo, Chanyeol. Are you planning to become a whiny priest?" The lay minister laughed.

Chanyeol pouted as they near the choir.

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol waved to the pianist who looked around.

The singers all looked at Baekhyun in anticipation.

Baekhyun was clueless though.

He know that the pianist should be the last one to receive the chalice in the choir so why was everyone waiting for him?

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he pulled Baekhyun up and in front of the priest, who just chuckled at the scene.

"What?"

"Baekhyun, body of the Christ?" The priest smiled as he held the chalice close to Baekhyun's mouth.

"Amen." Baekhyun answered, slightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter