Fearless

Religious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, are you okay?"

Baekhyun sighed as Jongin sat next to him.

"This seminar is ending the next day after tomorrow. I haven't done anything to change his mind, or even mine. It's still the same."

"Are you sure?" Jongin smirked.

"Of course I am! He's still determine to enter priesthood."

Chanyeol silently neared them.

"Chanyeol?"

"I have to tell you something..." Chanyeol bit his lip.

"What is it?"

"I'm not going to the school anymore."

Jongin and Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol in shock.

"What?!"

"Father Yixing told me that I can already go to the monastery after this. I'll just come by to get my stuffs." Chanyeol smiled to himself.

"But... I thought you were going to show me around?"

"I told a friend of mine that he'll show you around instead." Chanyeol scratched his nape.

Baekhyun just quietly nodded.

"Umm, I'll just go check on Kyungsoo." Jongin stood up and left the two.

"So you're really leaving huh?"

"Why? Are you going to miss me?" Chanyeol chuckled as he patted Baekhyun's head.

Baekhyun chuckled weakly as he playfully slapped Chanyeol's head and the latter pretended to be hurt.

"Yah, that's bad of you." Chanyeol pouted as he sat next to Baekhyun.

"I'll feel really lonely without my priest." Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol.

"Yah, I'm not a personal priest!" Chanyeol laughed.

"I'm really going to miss you though." Baekhyun's smile soften.

"I'll miss you too, Baekhyun." Chanyeol's laughter stopped as he caressed Baekhyun's cheek.

Baekhyun bit his lip.

He doesn't want to hold Chanyeol back if that's what makes Chanyeol happy.

Or so he thought.

Baekhyun immediately hugged Chanyeol as he felt tears falling from his eyes.

"B-Baekhyun?" Chanyeol slowly wrapped his arms around Baekhyun.

"Just for a while, okay?" Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol tighter.

Chanyeol sighed as he patted Baekhyun's head.

Soon, Chanyeol and Baekhyun was still hugging.

"Want to hear a story?" 

Chanyeol chuckled at the random question.

"Sure."

"There was this naive boy who once fell in love with a guy who gave him so much happiness. That guy promised him forever. But then, the day the naive boy dread came. The guy broke up with him with the mere reason that he fell out of love. He's not even sorry. The naive boy was broken."

Chanyeol took notice of how Baekhyun's grip on his sleeves tighten.

"That experience didn't stop him though. He fell in love with another guy who he believed was different. He showed him so many things to love about the world that the naive boy fell for him. But in the end, that guy left too. And for the same reason." Baekhyun swallowed the tears that were trying to come out of his eyes.

"Baekhyun..."

"And then he falls in love with a guy he can't have. How stupid is he?" Baekhyun scoffed bitterly.

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol loosen the hug to look at Baekhyun's teary eyes.

"Why do people never learn?"

"Baekhyun... that naive boy, he just wants to love and that's not stupid. He's tired to be broken but that doesn't mean he's tired to fall again. That naive boy doesn't need a man to love and be happy. He needs to be fearless." Chanyeol cupped Baekhyun's cheeks.

"Chanyeol..."

"I don't know how much pain you've been through but don't be afraid. Don't be scared to try again. Don't be scared to do what makes you happy again because you always think that something bad follows. That doesn't happen all the time. Don't cry anymore." Chanyeol wiped Baekhyun's tears.

Baekhyun only nodded as he stood up.

"Where are you going? After saying all that, you're just going to leave me?" Chanyeol pouted as he stood up as well.

"I... I need time for myself. I'll see you later." Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol and walked away.

"Baekhyun, be fearless and stop me." Chanyeol mumbled as he swallowed the tears away.

At night, Baekhyun waited outside Chanyeol and Jongin's room.

Chanyeol was surprised to see Baekhyun outside.

"Baekhyun, it's cold outside. Why are you here?" Chanyeol worriedly put his jacket on top of Baekhyun's shivering shoulders.

"I... Was I too harsh a while ago?"

"Of course not. You even smiled. I understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter