Love is hard

Religious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So today's your last day outside the monastery?"

Chanyeol chuckled as he turn around and saw Kyungsoo.

"You're being too overly dramatic. Of course I'll be outside some days in the studying."

"Oh, so you're really going to continue priesthood." 

Chanyeol only grinned in return.

"Call me..." Kyungsoo coughed awkwardly as he avoided Chanyeol's confused gaze.

"I don't get it."

"I said, call me when you need a friend." Kyungsoo sighed.

"What is this sorcery? What did you eat this morning?" Chanyeol gasps dramatically which made Kyungsoo punch Chanyeol's arm and the latter whined in pain.

"You're really stupid, why did I even say that?" Kyungsoo facepalmed himself and proceeded in hitting Chanyeol's head.

"Aigoo, admit it. You're going to miss me, Kyungsoo." Chanyeol patted Kyungsoo's head.

"In your dreams." Kyungsoo scoffed.

Chanyeol pouted.

"And besides, Jongin told me that I should make up with you. Even just for today. You know I'd do anything Jongin would want." 

Chanyeol smiled softly as he looked at the view in front of them.

"Love... is love that great?" 

"Of course, love is great. It makes us do things that we thought we couldn't. Love makes people believe in the impossible."

"But love... Love is hard, isn't it?" Chanyeol lost his smile but still continued to look forward.

Kyungsoo though was surprised as he looked at Chanyeol.

"Why do you think so?"

"Like you said, it makes us do things we thought we couldn't. There's things we do for love that cause us pain. For example, when a person just surpressed his feelings to see the person he loves happy. When a person could only wait when all he wants to do is jump into the other's arms."

"Chanyeol, are you okay?"

"Love isn't that great. My brothers... I love them 'til now but all I received from them is nothing but old memories that are slowly fading away. They last said that they love me but if they do, why are they hiding from me?" Chanyeol's hand turned into a fist.

Kyungsoo just kept silent as he felt Chanyeol has something else to say.

"And this thing... I can drop everything for it but it seems like it's not even that sad to see me go." Chanyeol looked down.

"This thing? It? Tell me, Chanyeol. Is this not something but someone?"

Chanyeol took a deep breath and began to walk away.

Kyungsoo held the taller's arm as to signify he's not letting go unless he gets an answer.

"There's some questions that doesn't deserve an answer. Leave it be, Kyungsoo." Chanyeol smiled as he continued his l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter