Is this really Goodbye?

Religious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he entered the monastery after one and a half year.

Yes, this is Baekhyun's first visit and it took him almost 2 years.

Baekhyun stopped breathing when he saw Chanyeol.

Chanyeol didn't change a bit.

Still handsome as always, according to Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun?" Father Yixing neared Baekhyun which made all the others turn to him even a wide-eyed Chanyeol.

"Father Yixing, I didn't know you'll visit today as well." Baekhyun smiled awkwardly.

"Oh, I'm surprised to see you here too. Are you finally going to visit Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun nodded.

"Finally." Father Yixing whispered to Baekhyun who just whined in return.

"Umm, Father. I'll be in my room now." Chanyeol queitly stood up and walked away.

"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun gripped on Chanyeol's arm.

"Oh, hey Baekhyun." Chanyeol turned around to scratch his nape and smile awkwardly at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun cursed at the atmosphere between them.

"How are you?" 

"Fine, I guess."

"Are you already near priesthood?"

"Yeah, 8 months left." Chanyeol chuckled.

Baekhyun opened his mouth but no words came out when he remembered a memory.

"Baekhyun, this is Taeyeon. Your fiance."

"Hi Taeyeon."

.

.

.

"Oppa, I can't love you."

"Neither can I but..."

"Your mom told me why she arranged a marriage for us. I'm sorry that you had to fell for someone like him."

"It's okay. Maybe someday, we'll learn to love each other."

"Oppa... you don't have to force yourself. If you love him then tell him."

"It's too late for that, Taeyeon."

"No, it's not! In love, there's no such thing as late. While you still can and still do love him, you should tell him. And if it is late, it is better than not telling him. Aren't you tired of hiding your feelings from him?"

"You're a really smart girl, Taeyeon. Do you have someone you love too?"

"Everyone does. And I didn't make the mistake that you did. I tell him everything and now, I'm with him."

"I'm sorry then. For driving the two of you apart."

"We're not apart though. We're just waiting for the right time that God gave to us. Don't you believe that the guy and you are destined to be with each other?"

"Sorry, Taeyeon. I don't." 

"Me neither. Because I believe that... it's us that makes the things destined. When we do something about it, we might just get what we know we deserve."

"Umm, hey... can we sit down and talk?" Chanyeol sat down.

Baekhyun smiled as he nodded and sat down as well.

"How about you, Baekhyun? You've been really busy lately that you didn't visit me for almost 2 years..." Chanyeol looked down.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol. A lot of things happened in my life and..."

"I'm quite disappointed but I'll forgive you. You really visited me u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter