Chapter 6

All Of Me

 

[Kim Hanbin]

 

What...on Earth...am I talking about?

 

Me? Lowering my pride and asking this girl to be my personal assistant for real? 

 

The great Kim Hanbin, doing this for just a normal girl?

 

Am I out of my mind?

 

Nah.

 

“What?”

 

“Aren’t you my personal assistant? Now, come with me or else you’re fired.” I turned my back and started walking. I heard her footsteps so I assumed that she followed me. 

 

As we arrived at the elevator, it looked like she hesitated whether she would ride or not. I pulled her inside and she was shocked. As she was inside, she moved away from me and went to the other side of the elevator. 

 

Oh, right.

 

Since it’s just the two of us riding, I think it’s okay.

 

“Hey, look, I—“ the elevator door opened. We arrived at the 5th floor, the floor where my unit is. Damn it, why is the ride so fast?

 

“What were you saying?” She asked.

 

“Nevermind.” 

 

--

 

“This month, remember that I should always wake up at 8 am because of the movie shooting. As my personal assistant, you will cook for me, wash my clothes for me, pay my bills, keep the house clean, and also the small chores I will ask you to do. I presume you know that as soon as you accepted this job, yes?” She nodded at my words. “And also, wherever I am, you should be there as well. Okay?” 

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“Now, start unpacking those paper bags. I just bought them. Place them in my walk-in closet accordingly.” And then she immediately followed.

 

I went inside my room. I checked the time. It’s almost noon. I haven’t had any breakfast because of all the fuss earlier. Tch.

 

[Ms. Hye Ju calling...]

 

Annoyed, I answered the call. “What?”

 

“Did you reconsider Hayi?”

 

“Who’s Hayi?”

 

“Your personal assistant! Gosh, Hanbin.”

 

“Oh, that girl, yeah. She’s now in my walk-in closet, arranging my clothes.”

 

“Have you said sorry at least? Remember my words, Kim Hanbin.” I felt goosebumps down my spine. , Ms. Hye Ju is really scary.

 

“Y-Yeah, I did.” I felt a tear of sweat roll down.

 

Her tone changed into a cheery one. “Good! I thought I will have to go through a hard time finding a personal assistant for you. Okay then, that’s all I want to know. Bye!” and the call ended.

 

I placed a hand on my forehead. Okay, the truth is I was about to say sorry in the elevator earlier but I was disrupted. Now, what am I going to do?

 

And my stomach is growling, too. Ugh.

 

I put my slippers on and went outside my room. I can still hear her unwrapping my clothes. That means I have to make lunch myself.

 

Oh, wait a second...I’ve got an idea.

 

[Lee Hayi]

 

As soon as I put the last piece of clothing in Hanbin’s walk-in closet, I checked the time. Oh God, this chore took an hour and a half for me to finish! And it’s past noon, Hanbin must be really hungry.

 

I rushed outside, only to find Hanbin setting up lunch for two people on his own dining table. As soon as he spotted me, he tensed a little.

 

Did I mention that he looked so handsome wearing that apron?

 

“Uhm, you were so busy in there so I made this myself.”

 

I snapped back to my senses. “Oh, right, I’m really sorry about that—“

 

“I...Let’s just eat, okay?” 

 

“Okay...” I sat down on the chair in front of him. He placed the food in front of me.

 

We ate in silence. Until...

 

“I’m sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to do that. I was just...I mean, ugh.” He sighed and looked frustrated. And then he looked at me. “Can you...uhm...just forget about it?”

 

I don’t know why but a smile escaped my lips. “Okay then.”

 

“And...how’s the food? I thought it’s a good way to apologize to you so...”

 

Really? “It tastes good, don’t worry. Thank you for this.” My smile got wider. Gosh.

 

“No, don’t say thank you. I still feel guilty about earlier.”

 

“Hey, I thought we’ll just forget about it?” I looked up to him. And then he smiled as well.

 

“Thanks.”

 

[Kim Jiwon]

 

I made my way to my own unit. I know that I might look like an idiot but as I think about earlier I can’t help but smile.

 

I looked at the picture frame on my bedside table. It contains the photo from my childhood. It’s me and a girl.

 

She’s a grown-up now. She’s not a crybaby anymore. She’s gotten taller and matured just right. Her face has gotten prettier as well.

 

It’s nice meeting you again, Lee Hayi.