Chapter 13

All Of Me

Thanks for the comments, not only do they cheer me up, but they help me improve :)

 

Hope you vote too ^^

 

You can listen to Yiruma's Maybe while reading if you'd like :D

 

**

[Lee Hayi]

 

"Hanbin?"

 

Is..this...really...happening? Am I not hallucinating or something? I've been lost for the past few hours, and I don't know if this affected me too much to see Hanbin in front of me so--

 

"Hurry up, you idiot."

 

I almost cried. Someone came for help. And it's not just someone.

 

It's Hanbin.

 

And everything became special because of that.

 

**

 

 

When we reached for shelter, Hanbin helped me sit down (although it still hurt like hell because I freaking tripped over a rock). 

 

Two questions formed in my head as I stared at him: How? Why?

 

He still didn't sit down, and he looked like he was looking for something. Soon he held two stones in his hands, and put some twigs beside. He started scratching the stones, and a small spark of fire appeared, and he let the twigs catch it. He covered the surroundings of the fire, and when it became strong enough, he looked relieved and finally sat down.

 

And he caught me staring at him.

 

"What? It's cold."

 

I let out a little laugh at him, and somehow my heart was set at ease.

 

This guy really makes me feel a lot of things.

 

"So you're a boy scout, huh?" My words made him look at me, with his eyebrows creased. I smiled at the view.

 

He didn't answer. He stayed quiet, and the only thing I can hear is the sound made by the rain.

 

And my own heart beating.

 

I saw him look outside, and the rain looks like it doesn't plan to stop anytime soon. He suddenly searched something for his pockets, and when he found nothing, only sighed in frustration.

 

"I was about to contact Ms. Hye Ju when I felt that I got lost, but my phone's battery died." He sighed.

 

"I left my phone. God, we're just gonna wait for some miracle here then."

 

It may sound selfish, but my heart jumped at the thought of spending more time with him. Only the two of us.

 

Another moment of silence.

 

**

 

1...2...5...8...I've lost count, but a lot of minutes had passed. Both of us just sat, staring at the endless drops of water falling from the sky.

 

Until...

 

"I really hate the rain."

 

My eyes widened. My head turned to see him, and he looked like he really meant what he just said.

 

"Why would you?"

 

"Nothing. Just hate the fact that the sun will not shine for a while and not only that," he paused. "we have to protect ourselves from the raindrops that fall. It's really annoying, don't you think?"

 

I sighed and smiled. This is a chance, a rare chance, for him to open up to me. "Well, yeah, it's annoying, but rain also has its advantages. Watering the plants, cooling the atmosphere, and a lot more, I think." I looked at him. "What I'm trying to say is that no matter how bad things are, there will also be a good side to them, and that's what you have to see."

 

He avoided my gaze and then he looked at our small source of heat. He didn't talk, so I decided to talk more. "And one example is you yourself, Kim Hanbin."

 

And then he looked at me, confused. "What do you mean?"

 

"Well, yeah, I mean," I hesitated but decided to continue. "sometimes you're a little too bossy and mean, and you speak words that hurt," I let out a little laugh as I saw he was stunned. "But look, you've made an effort to look for me even though you're busy, and even though we're not that close."

 

He was still staring at me. And then he smiled.

 

 

He. Freaking. Smiled.

 

"Thank you, Hayi. It really cheered me up."

 

 

"It's nothing, really. I don't even know why I said that." I laughed as I talked. Gosh, I can't contain my happiness. This is too much. "You know what, you should smile more often, it suits you."

 

"I smile, in my fanmeets and stuff."

 

"I mean like, daily. It could make you happy more than you think it will, I promise."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah. My brother told me that even though I face a lot of problems, I still should manage to put out a smile, even though it's only a small one. It really  helps, you should try it."

 

"Wait, you have a brother?"

 

"Not really, he's my cousin. Jinhwan oppa."

 

He looked like as if an idea popped in his head. "Oh. OH. KIM JINHWAN," He whispered.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing." And then he smiled again. I'm glad to witness that.

 

"See? You look better that way."

 

"Tch. You just like me."

 

I playfully pushed his shoulder. "You wish."

 

But deep down inside me, I know that maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to fall for him deeper.

 

**

 

Here's a little gift because you guys are the best :)