Chapter 4

All Of Me

[Lee Hayi]

 

I knew it. I knew this was a bad idea. I shouldn't have pursued this. Of course he hates me to death, after what happened the other day.

 

Why did I even think I can do this? That I can happily help the person I look up to without any restraints? Why didn't I even think about his true nature?

 

"You're so stupid, Lee Hayi. So stupid."

 

I was wiping my tears furiously while walking my way out when I bumped into someone. Not now.

 

"Sorry, I didn't see--" Oh gosh. Look who it is.

 

"Excuse me? Are you okay, miss?" He helped me up. "Hey?"

 

It's Kim Jiwon, Kim Hanbin's co-actor.

 

Of all people, why him?

 

"I'm okay, I'm okay," I panted as I got up. I was about to leave when he handed me something.

 

"Here," I saw him handing his handkerchief. "You probably need it more than I do." I didn't move for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. But he got my wrist, opened my hand, and placed the white piece of cloth on my palm. "Hope it can help you," he waved goodbye and smiled.

 

I honestly never liked Kim Jiwon. I saw him as Hanbin's rival. 

 

But after what he did,I think I'll reconsider.

 

[Kim Hanbin]

 

What just happened? What did I just do? I almost...ugh.

 

"Hey bro!" My door swung open. 

 

"Yah! What are you doing here?" It was as if Bobby didn't hear me when he suddenly went to my guest room and jumped to bed. My temper rose up. "I just cleaned that room up! Don't make me hurt you!" I warned him but he didn't move.

 

"I'm sleepy, Hanbin-ah. Let's talk later, hmm?" I rolled my eyes and placed a hand on my forehead. Not now, Jiwon hyung! I have a really bad mood.

 

I was about to  shout at him again when my phone rang.

 

[Ms. Hye Ju calling...]

 

Don't tell me she found out right away?!

 

"Hell--"

 

"Hanbin-ah! I was about to go up to your place but I saw Hayi running away while crying! What just happened?!"

 

"Let me ex--"

 

"Oh hell will you explain! Wait for me there!" Then she hang up.

 

"Who's that? Ms. Hye Ju?" Jiwon hyung asked.

 

"Yes, so please get out before she finds out you're here again," I said as calm as I could.

 

Oh God. I am so dead.

 

[Kim Jiwon]

 

I made my way outside Hanbin's unit. Ugh, I really wanted to get some sleep but Ms. Hye Ju will scold me. Oh well.

 

Oh, right. There's a convenience store in front of this building. Maybe I'll go get some ice cream.

 

I was about to cross the street when I saw that girl from earlier again. She was in the middle of the road, staring blankly at the space while walking slowly.

 

Really, what is wrong with her?

 

Beep beep.

 

A ten-wheeler truck was on the way with a high speed. I got into my senses and pulled the girl to the sidewalk.

 

She was shocked when she realized what happened. Something must be bothering her.

 

"We meet again," I greeted her with a smile.

 

Instead of smiling back, her eyebrows creased. I was still holding her. She removed my arms around her shoulder. "Don't touch me!"

 

"Wow, after helping you two times today, I can't even hear words of gratitude from you?" I teased.

 

"Thank you," she said sarcastically. "Now, happy?" She turned around and walked away.

 

Huh, this girl is testing me. "Something's bothering you, right? And you're just going to nowhere in particular? What if something bad happens to you again?" I glanced at the surroundings. Perfect. I jogged my way towards her. "The convenience store's not far from here. Want some ice cream?" She looked at me hesitantly.  I took this as an opportunity. "I don't take 'no' as an answer, miss." I grabbed her wrist.

 

Well, it's not everyday you get to eat ice cream with a beautiful girl like this one.