Chapter 7: The Mix of Love and Friendship.

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not...

 

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not….

Chapter 7: The Mix of Love and  Friendship.

 

     Hey!Say!JUMP’s members are having a break during a rehearsal. Some of them drink mineral water while talking to the other members. Yuri is sitting on the parquet floor while leaning on Ryosuke’s back and he is playing with his cell phone.

     Daiki talks to Ryosuke and Yuri overheard their conversations. “Dai-chan. How’s Yuki? Is she recovering?”

     Daiki just nods and says, “Yeah. Thank God that her condition is now turning good. I was so worried back then.” Ryosuke smiles, “And thank God also that your love towards her is requited. Omedettou~” And Ryosuke winks towards his friend.

     “Hai, arigatou ne Ryo-chan.”

     Suddenly, Yuto sits beside them and joins their conversations. “What are you talking about? Anything interesting?”

     “Betsuni. Just random talks, Yuu-chan.” Ryosuke answers while smiling warmly. They are staying quiet for a few moments before Yuto breaks the silence. “Ryo-chan, you and Chinen are best friends. What if someday, both of you fall in love with the same girl? What will you do?”

-Yuri’s POV-

     I’m so shocked when I hear Yuto’s question. My heart is beating. I’m so curious with what will Ryosuke answer.

     I can hear that Ryosuke is laughing before saying, “That kind of thing… will that happen? I don’t think so, Yuu-chan.”

     “Ne Ryo-chan. I just said ‘if’… I know that won’t happen. I just want to know what will you do if it’s happening. And you Chinen, are you hearing what I’m asking Ryo-chan?”

     I look at Yuto. “Yes, I am.”

     “If that is happening, I think I’ll pass. Chinen is my best friend, right? If he’s happy with her, I don’t mind.” No one knew what is playing in Ryosuke’s heart. But what if that girl is Natsuki? Will you still sacrifice your love? Ryosuke wonders in his heart.

     “What, are you really a human? Sacrificing your feelings just because of your best friend?” Everyone feels dumfounded… Yuu-chan, Dai-chan and even me. Is he really meant what he just said? Ryo-chan? Will you sacrifice your feelings?

-End of Yuri’s POV-

 

 

 

-Ryosuke’s POV-

     I laugh. “Of course I’m a human, Dai-chan.” I take a deep breath. “For me, Chinen’s happiness is like mine too.” Ryosuke, you’re being hypocrite. How come that you’ll let Natsuki go. “And I know that I can’t compete with Chinen.” I glance at Yuri behind. Yuri, I hope you won’t hijack my Natsuki. She’s the only girl that I’ve ever loved! I’ve been having a monologue in my heart.

     “Sou ka? Chinen, what about you?” Yuto takes a look at Yuri. I look at him too. Yuri stops playing with his cell phone and takes a look at us. “Ehh? Me?”

     Yuto is shaking his head. “Yes, I’m asking you Chinen. What’s with you. These days you’ve been playing with your cell phone and sometimes I can see that you’re being in a trance. Do you have any problem, Chinen?”

     We can hear Yuri’s laugh. He’s laughing softly. “No, I don’t. Shinpaishinaide, minna. Ahh yes! About what you’ve asked me.” He stays quiet and I feel weird when Yuri is staring at me. “Wh.. What? Why are you staring at me like that?” I’m feeling uneasy by his stare.

     Yuri just smiles. “Nothing. I’m just thinking for a while. If Yama-chan and I love the same girl, I think I’ll let her go to Yama-chan cause he shouldn’t sacrifice his feelings just because of someone like me. I feel like Yama-chan can make her happy, better than me and I don’t think that I can make that girl feels happy with me. I’ve a sharp tongue, right? She’ll hurt by my despicable words. So, don’t worry, Yama-chan. Your love is safe with you! That girl and I can have a relationship but just as friends. Not more than that.” Yuri laughs a little before smiling at me sweetly.

     Chinen, what have you said? Do you really meant it? If yes, thank you so much! But I don’t think that you’ll fall for Natsuki. She isn’t your type, right?

     “Whoa~ You both want to give up on that girl! But at the end, that girl will be whose? You, Ryo-chan or Chinen?” Daiki asks both of us. Both of Daiki and Yuto are looking at us, Chinen and I.

     Before I could answer, Chinen gives an answer first. “Will be Yama-chan’s, of course! Am I right, Yama-chan.” He looks at me with a warm smile is carved on his face. I smile back at him. “Ahh… Yes. If you said so, what the other choice do I have. I will take her but I hope you won’t end up jealous of our happiness~”

     “Take my words, I won’t.” Yuri pats my back softly. You’re a big liar, Yuri! Yuri says in his heart, very deep of his heart.

-End of Ryosuke’s POV-

****

-Yukiko’s POV-

     Ahhh~ I’m so bored! Mama, papa… No one is at home now. This loneliness is such a troublesome for me! Can anyone fill this loneliness?

     After a few seconds being in trance, I can hear my cell phone rings in a slow tone. I take a look at everywhere but I can’t see my cell phone. God! I don’t remember where I putted that thing.

     I’ve been searching on and under the table, in the drawers and even under the bed. Unfortunately I can’t find it. A few moment later, my cell phone stops ringing. Gosh, what if someone calls me because of an emergency? The sweats come out my skin. I start to panic. What should I do? What should I do? What should I do? Where is that cell phone of mine? Ahh~ I’m such a careless girl!

     I start to recall back where I put my cell phone and I fortunately I remember! I open my big wardrobe. I open the left, small drawer and I can see my cell phone. Last night, someone kept harassing me and I was so annoyed. I put that cell phone of mine in the wardrobe’s drawer so that I won’t hear any sounds from it of mails inbox and incoming calls. What the heck. Who’s that ert guy? Harassing me like that, made me felt irk. Really, where did he get my number?

     I check my cell phone.

     1 missed call from Takaki Yuya.

     Ai~ My new artist friend. He’s kind, friendly, easy to get along and most importantly, he never did anything that I hate. That’s why I feel comfortable with him. We changed numbers secretly after visiting our friend, Yuki at the hospital. Secretly changed numbers cause he wanted that. He would feel embarrassed if his friends know.

     I give him a call back. I’ve waited for twenty four seconds before Yuya answers my call. “Moshi-moshi?” Eh? I feel like his voice is different from the usual. Is he…

     “Moshi-moshi, Yuya-kun. You’ve called me just now. Nande?” I ruffled my brownish hair. “Eh? Was I?” I’m wondering why he feels dumbfounded when I’m asking him why. “Yeah. About five minutes ago. What are you feeling surprised about, Yuya-kun?”

     “I feel surprised cause I didn’t call you, not today. Ahh~ I remember. My pet dog stepped on my cell phone that time and I guess it dialed your number by accident. Sorry for that misunderstood, Yukiko-chan.” He’s saying with so much softness. But something is weird with his voice.

     “Is that so? It’s alright, Yuya-kun. By the way, your voice is weird today, not like the usual. Do you by any chance, having a cold?” I don’t know why I care about him so much. Is it because he’s my friend?

     I can hear his soft laugh. “Hontou? Do you notice? Ahh~ I’ve been caught by you.” He stays quiet for a while before resuming, “Hai, I do have a cold now. And today rehearsal, I couldn’t do it properly. What a pity. So, everyone asked me to go home and take a rest.” He laughs again.

     “Yuya-kun, of course you’ve to take a rest! You’re sick. But don’t just take your rest, you’ve to eat medicine too.” Without I realize, I’m becoming much more like a mother.

     “Whoah. You’re mother-like. But, thanks for the advice.” I’ve no idea why I’m laughing to hear his voice. Really, he does sounds like a child. So cute!

     “It’s not a big deal.” I give him a short and simple reply. “Yukiko-chan, do you free this weekend?”

     “This weekend? I’m free, why?” Is he, by any chance wants to ask me out? Is it a date? Negative thoughts are now taking over my mind.

     “You see, there’s a new amusement park will be opened soon so Hey!Say!JUMP was invited to come before it opens to public. Do you want to come too?” He asks me. I feel guilty as my evil thoughts are not true at all.

     “Really? I would love to!” I give him an agreement with the feeling of exuberant without realizing that my tone is like a small child who gets a candy. “If you agree, you can invite Natsuki also. I’m pretty sure she wants to go too.”

     “Okay, I will ask her later. Thanks for inviting me ne.” I smile although he can’t see the smiling me.

     “Okay, it’s not a big problem at all. Yukiko-chan, I’ve to hang up the phone now. Gotta take my meal and after that take my medicine. See you later. Jaa ne!” Before I could answer him, he already hung up.

     God, this happiness, I couldn’t describe it by words. I’m so happy when he asked me to go out to amusement park since I’ve never gone to an amusement park before. Mama and papa? They’ve never took me to that kind of place. They’re always busy with their works inside and outside the country. This weekend, I am really looking forward to it. Going to an amusement park, how’s it feel?

-End of Yukiko’s POV-

 

     Yuya is taking his meal while a broad smile is carved on his face, non-stop. He’s feeling so happy today. There’s spring in his heart, all flowering! He’s always wondering, what’s this nice feeling? Is it love? His elder sister is looking at him weirdly.

     “Eh, Yuya. You’re acting weird today. Smiling broadly until the ears, non-stop and sometimes you’re laughing softly. You make me feel spook. Do any of the screws in your head loose, by any chance?” His sister asks him.

     Yuya shakes his head. “No, I’m not crazy, dear Yuu nee-chan. What’s the weird actually? I’m just smiling. Is that wrong? I think smiling is good for me as it’s a face exercise. If I do this, my face will look young, maybe like a teenager.” Yuya lets a laugh out.

     “You’re extremely weird today, no I mean these days. You’ve never smiled so much like this before. Like I said, it’s spooky. S-P-O-O-K-Y. So, cut it off.” Yuya’s sister continues her eating.

     “Hai~”

But nothing can stop Yuya from smiling….

****

-Natsuki’s POV-

     I’m about to enter the Starbucks when a voice is greeting me. I look back and my face feels hot suddenly. I give a very sweet smile to that person.

     “Konnichiwa, Natsuki-chan.” A smile is carved on his face and I can feel that my heart is beating madly. Very much.

     “Konnichiwa, Chii-chan.” I smile back at him. I give him the very special smile that no one can get except for him.

     He looks straight into my eyes. And of course my heart is beating much more. “Natsuki-chan, are you going inside too?” He takes a look inside the Starbucks for a few seconds and looks back at me.

“Too? Is that mean, you’re going inside also?” O God, I hope it’s true!

     He nods his head. “Yes I am. It looks like we both have the same intention. So, why don’t we go inside together? What do you think?”

     “Sure, why not.” Far beneath the surface, I’m screaming full of joy. I feel blessed cause he’s the one who asked for that. I didn’t start it first but him. Absolutely HIM!

     He opens the door for me. “Shall we?” He’s asking me while looking at me. Ohh… He’s really like a romeo. So gentleman! Chinen, if you’re Romeo, can I be your Juliet?

     I just nod my head. We take a place at the corner of the café, far from the people’s attention. He takes a look at the menu but I don’t do the same thing as him. I keep looking at his face. He’s so cute and handsome. I’m melting when looking at him over and over again.

     Sitting at the same table as him and sitting face-to-face, is this a dream? If yes, don’t wake me up from this very beautiful and nice dream.

     Without removing his eyes from the menu, he asks me. “Natsuki-chan, what do you want to eat? Just tell me, I’ll pay for yours.”

     He… WHAT?!

     “Eh?” That’s the only reaction that I can give. I look at him with the feeling of disbelieve. He lifts up his face and looks at me with a smile. “I really meant it. What do you want to eat?”

     “Are you serious, Chii-chan? No kidding? Won’t that just trouble you?” I ask him shyly and I can feel that my face is as red as strawberries.

     He shakes his head a little. The he smiles warmly. “Iie. I’m serious, no kidding really. Paying for your food is not a trouble, Natsuki-chan.” He smiles again and I’m melting like the melt ice. Seriously I do!

     “Okay, if you said so. But don’t regret Chii-chan. I do eat a lot.” Suddenly he laughs. I’ve no idea why. I’m blushing over and over. “Wh.. Why are you laughing?” I look away, trying to control my nervousness. The way he laughs is soooooooooo much cuter than anyone else!

     “Betsuni. Demo ne.. It’s funny when you said you do eat abundantly. You’re not good at making jokes, Natsuki-chan.” He laughs again and again.

     “Jo.. Joke? When did I make joke?” Oh God! My face is feeling hotter and hotter. He stops laughing but the sweet smile of him never disappear from his face. “You said you eat a lot but, you actually don’t. I know you don’t. You see, during the party at the karaoke shop, I saw that you eat nothing except for the strawberry cake that I gave you. Sometimes you ate sushi but not so abundantly. You were drinking juices almost all the time.” He lifts up his left eyebrow.

     He looked at everything I did that time? He did? HE DID?! I bows my head down. I don’t want him to see the read face of Natsuki. I’m feeling embarrassed if he does!  “Chii-chan, stop teasing me. Onegai.”

     I lift my face up back and my heart is beating so much when I see the smiling him. “Hai. I won’t tease you anymore. Gomenne, for being naughty just now.” He says with so much softness and warmness that I will never forget.

     “Daijoubu, Chii-chan.” I look outside the window. I don’t have the guts to meet his gaze.

-End of Natsuki’s POV-

 

 

 

-Yuri’s POV-

     We’re having conversations while eating our meals. We share a lot of stories but sometimes I ask a few questions about herself. I did that cause I want to know her better, much more better than Ryosuke does.

     Everything about her is cute. The way she talks, the way she acts, the way she laughs, the way she gives reactions… Everything is perfect in my eyes!

     Without she realize, she often does make me laugh and smile so much. Seriously I’m enjoying my precious time with her today. All the burdens on me seem to be gone when I’m being with her. She makes me forget the burdens and problems in my life.

-End of Yuri’s POV-

 

 

 

-Ryosuke’s POV-

     When I’m sitting alone and doing nothing, Natsuki’s face will always be in my mind. I feel like I can still hear her cute voice in my ears.

     At times like this, I’ve always thinking about her. Has she done eating? What is she doing right now? With whom she is at this time? But most importantly, does she ever think about me, by any chance?

     Thinking about her, the girl that I love make me smile broadly non-stop. I can’t wait for our next meeting in the future. I’ll tell her my true feelings towards her someday. Definitely I will confess to her when the right time comes. I don’t want to lose her. I’ve to act fast before someone snatches her away from me.

-End of Ryosuke’s POV-

 

 

 

-Yuto’s POV-

     The sweet memories of Yuki and I keep playing in my head. I can’t stop forgetting those beautiful moments of us. But now, will we ever create a memory like those?

     I wipe my tears again and again as they keep flowing down my cheeks. Knowing the fact that she’s now living a happy life with my best friend, Daiki is hurting me so much. I’ve never thought that my stupidity for not telling her my true feelings is the reason why I lose her. I’m so slow! It serves you right cause you’re very stupid for not telling her!

-End of Yuto’s POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of Chapter Seven…

 

Chapter Eight is still in process~ :)

Your comments are welcome to improve my writing...

 

 

Sincerely;

Mariya Ichigo