Red 6

Red Eyes Twin

Jongin rubbed his eye sleepily. He has been dragged by Sehun to downstair, wearing their sport gear. "Where are we going, Hun-a?"

"Jogging."

Sehun replied without putting any secret anymore. "This early? Sehun-a, I want to sleep more." Jongin whined. "Oh come on. You better start working out a bit. Hyungnim is worry about you." Sehun said while wearing his sport shoes. He had to pull Jongin tracksuit to get him sat down beside him.

"The faster the better Jong. You know I hate sunlight."

"But it's too early." the oldest whined again. Sehun had enough of Jongin antic, so he wore the shoe to Jongin's foot. "Hurry up. We got no time to your whine. Let's stretch a bit so you will no get hurt." Sehun pulled Jongin up to his stand and quickly opened the door and pushed Jongin to their lawn. He locked the door and started his stretching. Jongin followed lazily beside him and his eyes were still closed.

He hated it when his weekend was disturbed like this. All he wanted was sleeping on his comfy bed. Nevertheless, he still followed Sehun even though he wanted to curse the younger. Sehun said it was a concern from their oldest brother, so Jongin has nothing to argue with.

 

 

 

 

They started their first lap on the park. Some eyes were watching the two brothers. It was like they had never seen the twin before. Well, no one to blame for looking at them with excitement since these two young boys rarely went outside especially early in the morning.

Before they could even finish their third round, Jongin spoke. "Hun-a, I'm tired."

"A little bit more. We need to complete five round and then we will go back. I, somehow need to impress those girls." Sehun eyed the girls who were doing some exercises at the exercise equipments provided at the park.

"Ugh, and you torture me? What the hell Sehun. I don't want to impress anybody but I am tired." they stopped their jog and took a deep breath. "Fine, one more lap and we go home. Enough?" Jongin nodded and tried to catch his breath. "But if only you win this run, we will straight go to home." Without any notice, Sehun started to sprint and left Jongin behind.

Remember I told you Jongin was fast right?

In no time, Jongin managed to catch Sehun and ran beside his twin. "You will no win over me." Jongin increased his speed and left Sehun to catch up. Just a few meter before reaching the finish line, Jongin felt light headed and his vision turned blurry. Jongin with false foot and he was ready to hit the concrete ground.

"Yah Kim Jongin!"

Sehun increased his speed and catched his twin from landing on the hard ground. "."

Sehun managed to catch the half conscious tanned boy and scratched his palm. "Yah,Kim Jongin. Yah!" he tapped on Jongin cheek to make him awake.

People started to look at the commotion and ran towards them. Sehun kept calling his brother and asked someone to called the ambulance.

 

 

 

 

 

Minseok rushed to the hospital after he received a call from Sehun. When he arrived at the emergency, he saw Sehun was sitting on the chair with his head down and hands clamped to his hair.

Once he came near to Sehun, he heard Sehun was cursing and kept chanting 'Jongin will be fine' few times. Probably he wanted to calm his ownself. "Sehun.."

"Hyung." Sehun hugged his brother and apologized to Minseok. "I shouldn't... I shouldn't make him run. I- I'm sorry. I'm really sorry hyung."

Minseok rubbed his brother back to calm him down. Sehun has nothing to do with Jongin faint. Maybe something was wrong with his body. Minseok told it was okay and kept telling Sehun that Jongin will be fine.

A few minutes later, the doctor went out from the emergency room and the brothers rushed to the doctor.

"Both of you are Kim Jongin's guradian?" they nodded and Minseok introduced himself. "Kim Jongin is fine. He just tired because of dehydration and lack of sleep. We already give him some sedation and dextrose. He will wake up after few hours." They breathed in relief after nothing bad happened to their middle brothers.

"But may I have a talk with you, Mr. Kim Minseok?" Minseok nodded and Sehun sent a skeptical look to his brother. 'Is there something the doctor wants to keep as secret from me?'

Noticing the cold stare from Sehun, the doctor cool him down by saying there was nothing important. He just wanted some confirmation from the eldest. "And you better let the nurse check on your wound. I'm afraid it will be infected."

The doctor called someone from the registration counter and brought Minseok to some isolated area.

 

 

 

 

"I need you to tell me the truth sir." the doctor started. "Did Jongin take any medicine now?" Minseok shook his head. "I found that something is weird with Kim Jongin." he stated. After acknowledge that Minseok did not understand what he meant, the doctor continued.

"I assume Jongin has Red-Eye Effect, sir." Hearing to the name, Minseok knew the doctor has read about Xiumin's experiments.

"I don't catch what you say. Red-Eyes effect? What is it?"

The doctor sighed. "It wasn't approve in medical field. Somehow I was reading medical experiment done by this one author. The book was published 10 years ago but has been banned because of the content didn't get an approval from health ministry. They afraid those experiments can lead to bad effect. Or worst misused. I believe those experiments were good but if only the right person handles it. Jongin has shown one of the symptoms from the book. Changing eye from red to black in constant phase. I think something have triggered Jongin when he was about to faint for the second time."

Looking at Minseok expression, the doctor apologized for a long explaination. "I'm sorry if it was too much for you to understand this but if sir gives me more time, I will try my best to find what it all about." the doctor requested.

"I... I will think about it." Minseok answered in hestitation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, what's wrong with Jongin?"

"Nothing. He just fainted due to exhaustion. Plus dehydration. They went for joghing and forgot to bring water together." Minseok answered Junmyeon question while wearing his apron.

"I thought something bad happened. Thank God he was just exhausted. So, what are they doing?"

Minseok continued, "Sehun is waiting for Jongin to wake up. They just gave him a sleeping dose and some dextrose. They will come home after two or three hours."

Their conversation continued with the causes of Jongin exhaustion and they expected the twin to come and eat at their cafe later.

"Jongin shouldn't strain himself. Those prefectorial meetings and stuffs really take toll on him." Minseok nodded as he agreed with what Junmyeon has said.

"But he just too stubborn. Since he was a child, right? Same like you." Jongdae suddenly popped out from the kitchen.

Junmyeon laughed when Minseok holded his chest, shocked from Jongdae sudden appearance. "Indeed. All three of them are stubborn." Junmyeon conceded.

"Well it runs in the family." Minseok shrugged his shoulder like what he said was normal.

"Geez." Junmyeon snorted.

"By the way, did you still keep the copy of my published book last 10 years?" Minseok asked while whiping the glass.

"Erm, still in my room I guess. Child Prodigy right?" Minseok nodded. "Why you ask?" Minseok arranged the glasses into their place. "Nothing. It just Jongin's doctor knew about the book and apparently he knew Jongin has Red Eyes Effect."

Junmyeon frowned his eyebrows. From what he remembered, the book only talk about the disease on animals. There was never mentioned that the disease can happen to human too. "But you never mention about the possibility it happens to human right?"

Minseok only nodded. "But the experiment was conducted to an animal which has same characteristics to human. It was mean to be test on human at first but the consequences were too dangerous. I hope the doctor won't dig to much. He even requested to have a further check-up on Jongin."

Both of Jongdae and Junmyeon gave same response. "He did? Then what you said."

"I said I will think about it. I can't afford Jongin to be tested by him. We still conducting the research though." his partners nodded in agreement. "Why don't we just add him as our partner?"

"No, we can't. Remember we got messed up with the two student with the blue eyes?" Jongdae sighed when he remembered their new distraction. "I still mad I cannot go through ZL system though."

Junmyeon cool down his friend and tried to focus on their works at the café instead. "Let's get loose a bit. Maybe hot cappuccino can help?" Jongdae showed his famour curled lips smile. "You're the best bro!" He slung his hand on Junmyeon shoulder and whined cutely to him. Minseok only shook his head in disbelieve, Jongdae still a baby despite being 26 years old man.

 

 

 

 

I feel bad for writing something like this. Come on, would a comment hurt all of you? I need some inspiration or else I'll delete whole story. Wuhuu.