Chapter Six.

Lift Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt a strong ray of sunlight against my eyes, forcing me to open my eyes, Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands before scanning the surroundings.

Where was I?

Just then, the incident that happened yesterday flooded through my mind. The last thing I heard him say replayed in my head.

Idiot, what if I didn't come by today.

How did he know where I worked? I

... I don't understand.

How could it be so coincidental that he knew just the day Jongin couldn't pick me up from work yesterday?

But, nonetheless...

He saved me.

Getting of the bed, I walked towards the door, only to see something familiar hanging on it. As I stepped closer, I saw a small note with my handwriting on it.

Thank you.

He saw my note. He freaking saw my note. He... He even kept it.

I let a small smile escape my lips as I grabbed the note off the door and hurried down the stairs. At the end of the stairway, I spotted Sehun lying on the sofa, still sleeping soundly.

Unconsciously, as if attracted to him somehow, finding myself kneeling in front of him as my eyes searched his face.

In school, he was always frowning. If not, he put up a cold front, steering everyone out of his way. Even though many girls were head over heels with him, I can say I never saw him hooking up with every single fan girl.

The Sehun I see now looked so... Peaceful.

His eyebrows were relaxed as his chest rised up and down, his facial features less tensed. I lifted my arm up, bringing my fingers in contact with his eyebrows as I traced them, down his nose bridge. My heart beat quickened when my eyes landed on his lips.

God damn it, Bora. You shoulnd't be thinking about it.

Just then, I felt a hand grip my wrist and my whole body froze.

"What are you doing?" Sehun scowled as he threw my hand aside, sitting upright.

Turning my face, I prayed he wouldn't notice my reddened cheeks. Hell, it was embarrassing enough already.

"I... I wanted to wake you up, but I didn't know how." I quickly returned, standing up hastily. "Thanks for yesterday, I appreciate it."

I lifted my eyes, only to meet his before he looked away. "I was returning you what I owe you. You took that punch for me, we're even now."

"Did you wait for me? Yesterday." I blurted out. I saw his eyes widened a little before he cleared his throat, regaining his composure.

"No, I was just passing by."

My heart fell when I heard those words.

Oh, so that was it.

"Ah, I see. I- I guess I'll get going now. Thank you, once again. I'll see you tomorrow." I said as I crushed the note that was still tucked away in my other palm, standing up as I walked towards the main door.

"Wait," I heard Sehun say as he ran to pick up my bag from the side. "You forgot this."

I squeezed my eyes shut and gave myself a mental knock on my head. Gosh Bora, how can you even forget your bag?

"T-Thanks, bye." I grabbed my bag and as I turned to walk away, someone grabbed my wrist.

"Hold on," he started. "Do you... Do you like..."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Do I like?"

"Do you like flowers?"  He asked softly as he furrowed his eyebrows, looking away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter