Chapter One.

Lift Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fiddling with my locker code, I kept my head low, trying to ignore the glances of some people around me. My locker finally opens and I grabbed my math textbooks and closed it.

I really didn’t like being in the centre of attention.

I clutched onto my books tightly, trying to squeeze my way through the crowds.

“Sorry… Excuse me…” I mumbled as I tried my best to not lose my balance fighting through the crowd to my next class. I was almost late and with a size like mine, it would be fortunate if I don’t fall onto anyone.

Without realising where I was going, I was already on my bum, sprawled on the floor and people around me took a step back. I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks as I hung my head low, stretching my hands out to pick up my textbooks.

“Hey big-sized, watch where you’re going next time.” Lee Seol, said to be our school's 'Queenka' warned before strutting off in what seems to be a pair of 5 inches high heels.

I tried pulling myself up, but because of my size, I stumbbled and fell back down. My vision started to blur as I reached out to pick up my textbooks.

The murmurs coming from the other students continued.

"Oh my god, look at her. I can’t imagine what it would be like to as big as her.”

“She’s lucky she didn’t squash the Seol alive.”

", I can’t bear to look at her.”

I bit my lip hard, trying my very best to stop the tears from falling out. Picking the last sheet of paper from the ground, I pushed myself up with all the strength I have, praying hard I wouldn’t embarrass myself again.

And thankfully, I don’t.

I hurried to my next class, hoping the words I had heard would disappear from my mind soon.

❁❁❁

Knocking on the door, I kept my head down, opening my mouth to speak.

“Sorry sir, I won’t be late again, I promise.” I said, taking a glance at the class, only to see all eyes on me before turning my head away.

Mr. Lee eyed me for awhile before gesturing me to sit.

I hurried to my seat, bumping to the edges of the tables, earning myself curse words and glares. I bowed my head apologizing. Finally getting to my seat, I pulled out my notebook and pencil, getting ready for lessons.

“Class,” Mr Lee started, “ as I was saying, we will be having an upcoming project. And since this is your last year in college, this will also be your last group project for this semester.”

Oh great, I'll be alone.

Because no one would partner up with me.

“You will be in pairs to complete to our school's signature project, Family.” He stopped halfway, glaring at the few girls, who were making quite a noise. They were eyeing the boy seated at the corner of the classroom.

Sleeping.

It’s none other than Oh Sehun.

“And no, you won’t get to choose who you get paired up with, because I’ll be doing the extra job for you.”

Yes.

“Noooo. “ The girls all whined in unison.

"Yes, and there is nothing you can do about it." Mr Lee said, with a small smirk of triumph. “Please do pay attention and keep quiet.”

Mr Lee continued,"As you all know, you and your partner will have to take care of a baby. They are not real babies but it cries when after 4 hours of their meal and they are also going to need pampers."

This gathered him some laughter from the class.

"All equipment will be provided from the school. Alright, I'll be announcing your pairings right now. No objections, because these are totally random."

From the corner of my eye, I glanced at Sehun’s direction, only to see him looking straight at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter