Chapter Five.

Lift Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a week of the incident, the talks about it slowly died down. And so did my black eye.

After the talk I had with him, I didn't see him around in school. I wanted to thank him for the plasters and the ointment.

As I stepped into the class, I spotted a familiar face already seated down. I couldn't help but smile as I briskly walked to my seat. Slipping into my seat, I pulled out my notebook, tearing a small piece from the corner of the papers and scribbled a "Thank you".

I never missed the smiley face too.

I slid it under his table, being unnoticed because he was sleeping. Like for god's sake, I bet he's earlier than me everyday so he could sleep.

"Class," Mr. Lee spoke, knocking on the board to get our attention. "This week will be your proposal week."

Some people cheered and some groaned. We may be the only pair who didn't give a response.

"I need the guys to prepare doing your actual proposal and record it down secretly. I hope 2 months was ample time."

"You may use the remaining time of this class to discuss any holes of your project. Dismissed." Mr. Lee announced before gathering his books and pointer, leaving us on our own.

Hesistant, I gently poked Sehun's forearm with my shaking fingers. I honestly didn't know whether he welcomed me here or not. But heck, I really need to get started on my project.

He lifted his head up, his eyes half-closed. He turned his head and caught me in side, rubbing his eyes and groaned. "What do you want again, Kim Bora?"

"My project. What do I have to do?" I replied, trying to not show how I was terribly nervous ever since our last talk. I wasn't sure if he hated me or not.

He have always been so cold and harsh towards me, but after the whole fight...

He actually cared to get ointment for me.

He actually cared to wait til I was conscious.

He cares.

He scowled. "First you're blind, then you're deaf. Mr Lee just said the guys carry out their proposals. So all you need to do is," he paused, clearing his throat. "To just say yes."

He does not care.

I felt heat rising to my cheeks and nodded. "Just so you know, you better not screw things up for me. I need my grades."

"Says the one who left me to do this project on my own for 2 whole months."

Sehun had mentioned that twice. The first day after the two whole months and today. I was clueless. Had he been looking forward to doing this project with me?

I lifted my eyes to study this man. He was something I couldn't define, something I couldn't fathom. I watched him cross his arms and lean back in his chair, dozing off.

Also, something that was so far from my reach.

 

"I'm getting a part time job." I told Jongin as we were placed our food tray onto a table at the corner of the cafeteria.

"What? Why?" Jongin replied, munching on his fries.

Before I could reply, the whole cafeteria was enveloped by squeals and shouts. I turned my head to see what it is and it turned out to be EXO.

"Chanyeol oppa~! Oh my gosh, his legs! I can totally crawl under them!"

"Baekhyun!! Kya!!"

"Sehun~!"

I shook my head as I picked at my fries. "My family's tight on money."

Jongin frowned. "I could lend you some."

I gave Jongin a look and shook my head.

Did I mention Jongin was filthy rich? His parents own a whole chain of hotels across Asia. But I couldn't take his money. It wasn't right, even though he's my closest friend.

"No, I don't want to owe you anything. I can do it on my own!" I joked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter