Sandwiches and Notes

Markson daily dose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: I started to write another one-shot but suddenly I started to listen to this song and the idea popped out in my head.

If anyone wants to listen to the song is ''I am not a boy, yet not a man'' by Cross Gene. The band is not so well known, so I don't know if anyone heard about it.

Happy reading and let me know if you want the second part of this :)

 

 

Sandwiches and Notes

 

When Mark had seen Jackson for the first time was in the first year of high school. He couldn’t just pass by and not notice him in a crowd, all laughing and talking nonstop.

Since that day, Mark liked to watch him from afar.

Three years passed since then but Mark is still there, laughing with Jackson when he laughs, studying with him when he studies but all this without the other noticing.  The older likes to stay in the showdowns, just observing.

 There were days when Jackson would just walk pass him and Mark’s heart will flutter in nervousness, but never making any move to be known by the other. He kept this logging just for him, not sharing with anyone.

Jackson is a hyperactive person, always doing things and always being in the middle of everything. From what Mark had noticed in all those years is that Jackson has a kind heart. He always helps the one in needed and even if he isn’t that good in school he always makes the effort to be average.

Whoever smiles at him, he does the same in return even if he doesn’t know you. Mark had thought a few times to do this, just so Jackson maybe will notice him but he shook the thought out of his head. He doesn’t want to be known, he likes to observe and feel how his heart beats faster.

This week, Mark had noticed how Jackson isn’t smiling anymore and always nodding his head at whatever his friends is telling him. He had this sad aura around him, flooding him with sorrowful.

Why his friends didn’t notice this? Why isn’t anyone doing anything to make the other feel better and be his cheerful self again?

“Mark, want to eat with me, again?” Jinyoung, a kid who always follows Mark around asks, passing by him in the cafeteria.

Mark wakes up from his daze and slowly nods his head, following the other toward a table.

“You don’t talk much, do you?”

Mark shakes his head this time and focuses on his sandwich. Would the sandwich make Jackson feel a little better, he asks himself putting it back into his bag.

“I’ll be right back,” He says jumping from his seat, with a little apology smile on his face. He is grateful toward Jinyoung that never would let him eat alone but he really needs to do this, he likes the smile Jackson always wears.

The class is silent, like every lunch break, no one likes to hang in here even if Mark finds the silence very comfortable.

The blonde seats into Jackson’s seat and takes out a sticker writing something on it and glues it on Jackson’s table beside his home made a sandwich.

Let me see your smile, just for a while, today…

*.*.*.*.*

 

 

Waiting on his back seat for Jackson to return from his break, knowing that he always does it with three minutes earlier than the others, just to make out with his boyfriend, which Mark doesn’t like any bit.

Yes, Jackson is dating a boy and people had accepted that they learned from Jackson that love doesn’t know what gender is.

He doesn’t like the sight but just for today, he would watch them from afar just to see Jackson’s reaction and maybe see his smile.

For his surprise, Jackson had come alone, with a depressing face. Now everything makes sense, Jackson and Youngjae had broken up. Even if Mark didn’t like Youngjae at all, he never wanted for them to break up, the other was making Jackson happy and that was all that mattered to the blonde.

Mark pretends to read a book while spying on Jackson’s reaction.

A small smile broke on Mark’s face to see Jackson’s curious face looking around and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter