Elements

Markson daily dose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I've decided to post this story until I finish the one I am working on. Some of you may have read it, some not. It's a one-shot that I wrote for the IGOT7 Secret Santa event.

 

 

 

Elements

 

Bad night...

Jackson curses under his breath as he makes his way through his yard. Why in hell Jaebum invited him to a party where there was no alcohol? What kind of party is that? He was sick of seeing him face with his boyfriend, so he left early.

The summer night air is chill and fresh and Jackson decided to smoke a cigarette before going back into his house. Probably his parents are asleep and won’t notice the smoke or the dim light coming from the front porch.

Sitting on a chair on the porch, Jackson takes out a cigarette and light it up. He looks up at the moon and puts the cigarette in his mouth on it. The smoke invades his lungs and he smiles in content. School and life aren't hard to him because he is smart and catches fast on things, but the usual makes him bored.

He puts his cigarette in his mouth again and a car stopping in front of the next door house caught his eyes. From all Jackson remembers, in the next door doesn’t live anyone. Strange.

Maybe someone is moving in here but who will move here when is night?

Like a curious cat he is, he slowly, to not make any noise, he moves to see who will be his new apparently neighbors.

A blonde guy, apparently his age, caught his eyes, he seems like glowing in the moonlight.  Maybe he is a vampire, Jackson thought, but if he remembers correct, Edward glows in the sunlight. Officially, he watches too many movies with his sister.

“Don’t forget Mekal.” A boy jumps out from the trunk, running toward the blonde guy. “I think he is hungry from too much traveling.”

The blonde guy pets the little boy head and makes his way toward the trunk taking out a cat house. Apparently they aren’t any vampires, just normal people who come from afar, they even have a cat.

Jackson takes one last look and turns to enter his house. He finishes his cigarette and the bud that remained, he puts it on a napkin that will throw away in his way toward school tomorrow.

 

***

 

Mark...

“You ty head,” Jackson says at the moment he sees his best friend, Jaebum. “Why you invite people to a party without alcohol just to your boyfriend's face?”

“Good morning to you too, I slept well. Thanks for asking.” Jaebum says, hitting Jackson on his head and throws an arm over Jackson’s shoulder.

“Cut the sarcasm, it doesn’t suit you.”

“It suits me very well, thank you for your adoration.” Jaebum says, letting go of Jackson and pushes the school front door open.

Jackson follows behind and after he closes the door rushes to catch up with Jaebum. “Now really, what as that party?”

“Jackson Wang is asked for the principal office.” A voice over the intercom says. Jackson really wants to palm himself when he hears that annoying voice. “I repeat, Jackson Wang is asked to the principal office.”

“Man, I hate when they do this,” Jackson says frowning, ready to leave for the office. “Can’t they give me a break?”

“What did you do this time?”

“Nothing, I promise.” Jackson says waving goodbye to Jaebum and  walks toward the principal office.

He really didn’t do anything. He always was careful with smoking and all the fights, he has good grades, so there is nothing. He hates so much when is called to the office trough the intercom  because the students will assume that he did something, which he didn’t.

Pushing the office door fast, he bows and says. “Good morning.” He looks at the director as he eyes are caught by a male standing in a chair across the director desk. His hair remembers Jackson of the last night guy, who moved next door.

“Good morning, Jackson.” The director says, waving for Jackson to sit down on another chair. “Please sit.” The director is a petite woman with blonde hair and she reminds Jackson of Barbi.

“How can I help you, Mrs. Lee?” Jackson asks taking a sit and takes a quick look at the boy beside him. Indeed is the boy from last night. He seems angelic and fragile with his big hoodie over his head and big glasses over his nose. Cute!

“Right,” The director says adjusting in her seat. “Since you are the class president, I chose you to show this young man around the school.”

Jackson takes a batter look at his new neighbor and is taken aback. The boy is just beautiful in all words. The moonlight didn’t make him justice last night.

“Jackson?” Mrs. Lee asks, waking Jackson from his admiration for the boy.

“Right, will he be in our class?” Say yes, say yes.

“Yes, that’s why I am asking you.”

“Ok then, let’s go,” Jackson says jumping up. “Let’s show you the school.” Or more.

The boy bows at the director and follows Jackson out of the door. “Like you may know, I am Jackson,” He says extending his hand. The boy looks at him strangely but eventually takes Jackson’s hand and shakes it slowly. His grip isn’t strong, it’s like he is afraid to broke Jackson’s hand, which Jackson doesn’t think is possible with the boy’s fragile fingers.

“I am Mark.” His voice is deep, more deep then Jackson expected, he likes it.

“So Mark, welcome to Vento Fall High.”

“Thank you.” Mark smiles, making Jackson see heaven. Mark has a perfect smile with perfect teeth. He likes the boy’s canine teeth because they are slightly longer than usual.

 

***

 

Getting to know you...

“So, the blonde guy is your next prey?” Jaebum says, taking a bite from his hamburger while with the other hand grips his boyfriend's hand.

“Who?” Jackson asks.

“The new blonde guy. I’ve seen you two hanging yesterday.” Jaebum lets go of Jinyoung hand and points at Mark, who is sitting alone eating at a table. He seems more fragile now, eating all alone, with his big hoodie over his head and the glasses covering almost all his face.

“Ah, he is Mark. It’s new. I’ve been showing him around since I am the class, president.” Jackson explains taking a sip from his soup, looking again at Mark but eventually turns his head to pay attention to his friends.

“I still wonder why you are the class, president,” Jinyoung says, rolling his eyes and steals one fry from Jaebum’s plate.

“Because I am smart.”

“So, like I was asking, is he your new prey?” Jaebum asks again, glaring at the blonde male eating across the cafeteria, apparently lost in his thoughts.

“What are you talking about? Since when I am a hunter?” Jackson knows what Jaebum refers too, but he likes to pretend to not know.

“Stop talking , Jackson. Everyone knows how a big player you are.”

“Well, I’ll see it in the future,” Jackson says standing up. “Now, let me talk to him.”

“You man .” Jaebum shouts after Jackson but that was all Jaebum could say before Jackson sits across Mark, smiling like an idiot.

“Hi,” He says, waving his hand a little.

Mark looks up from his plate and glares at Jackson. “Hello.”

Jackson doesn’t know what to say at the boy’s look. He seems kind of strange and scary but Jackson smiles anyway. “You’ve seemed alone and sad, I came to make your day happy.” Well, this isn’t his big pick up line but it will work for now.

“I am ok,” Mark says, burying his head on the plate again and starts to play with his food.

He seems out of the place and Jackson’s look is taken by the two bottles of water that are on Mark’s tray. “You sure drink a lot of water.”

“I like water,” Mark replies taking the cap of one of the bottles and starts to drink. Jackson watches in fascination how Mark’s Adam apple bobs up and down. his lips, Jackson takes a fry from his plate just to have something to do, another thing than looking at Mark drinking water. He never saw someone looking so hot while drinking.

After finishing more than half of bottle, Mark puts the cap back and starts to eat again. “Do you wanna know a secret?” Jackson asks, pointing with his fork at Mark. “But you have to give me half of your apple.”

Mark manages to cut the apple in half and offers it to Jackson.

Smiling, he takes the apple and places it on his tray. “You are my new neighbor. “

That caught Mark interest and looks at Jackson with a frown. “Do you know me?” He almost looks scared.

“No really, I saw you last night when you moved,” Jackson says, looking how Mark features relax and takes a breath.  “From where did you come to arrive at night time?”

“Ah, Fire Falls,” Mark says with his deep voice that Jackson likes a lot.

 

***

 

Neighbor...

Jackson’s Saturday is boring. He is too lazy to get out of the bed, too lazy to go and eat breakfast.  Practically, his nickname is Lazy.

There is no school. tonight there is no party, Jaebum probably is with Jinyoung all day. He should call one of his other friends but is just too lazy to reach his head to take his phone from where he let it last night. You have to understand him, the table is just too far.

He wonders what Mark is doing on Saturdays. He followed Mark all week in school. The boy is like a ghost, not talking with anyone, no looking at anyone, staying in the back of the class, eating lunch alone.

Jackson finds him interesting, he never seen someone like him before. Everyone makes, at least, one friend. No one can’t live without friends, that is what Jackson thinks.

Sometimes, Jackson sees him with the kid he came here with, his brother.

He sees them out in the garden some evenings studying or playing with Mekal, their cat. Their parents are hard to see, Jackson assumes they are working all day.

Mark seems a fine kid, without social skills and Jackson, all week tried to make Mark speak more than one sentence.

Sometimes he saw Mark smile at his jokes but never laughing with all his being. Sometimes Mark seems sad when Jackson talks about his friends and Jackson wonders why Mark doesn’t try to make any.

Let’s say that all weekend he tried to make Mark his friend. He doesn’t know why. It just feels right, and no, Mark isn’t his next prey as Jaebum said.

Suddenly, a bulb lighted above Jackson’s head and he starts to smile at himself like a madman hunting.

Jumping from his bed, he takes a pair of blue fading jeans, a random shirt from the floor and goes in search for his spyglass. He remembers playing with it when he was young and in the best case his sister may have it.

“Shan,” He shouts outside of his sister door.

His sister opens the door and picks her head toward the crack formed. “What?”

“Good morning,” He says, smiling brightly at his beautiful sister.

“Stop smiling and tell me what you want.” She knows that Jackson wants something at the moment he knocked on her door. Jackson Wang never knocks on doors.

“If you ask. I wonder if my old spyglass is in your possession now.”

“Wait a minute.” His sister says, closing the door and letting Jackson wait for her outside.

He made the perfect plan to study Mark better. His window has the view toward Mark’s yard and with a bit of luck, he can see in the inside as well. To see how Mark spends his Saturdays and maybe passing by to say hi.

Maybe it isn’t the perfect plan but he is bored, no more lazy.

The door opens and Jackson almost drops the spyglass. “I don’t need it anymore.” With that, the door closes again and Jackson smiles at himself.

Getting back to his room, he throws the window curtains at sides and takes a look outside. There isn’t hard for Jackson to spot Mark and his brother.

They are watering dome plants outside and Jackson will do anything to know what those two are talking about. He is just this curious.

He can see Mark lips moving and he wonders how it will feel to have Mark lips on him. His lips are full and pink, almost painfully beautiful. Stop it, Jackson, since when do you start to write poems about someone’s lips?

Mark’s brother points to something, smiling a bit. Mark follows his finger and looks at well with a frown on his face. Jackson, on the other hand, is very relaxed watching the boys pointing at something. What is the big deal?

He turns to see what is it, but he finds nothing. Looking back at them his eyes are almost to fall when Mark is waving his hand. Crap, I was the one who they were pointing at.

He lets the spyglass fall to the ground and in one move he is out of sight.

 

***

Jaebum...

Monday morning, when Mark entered the classroom, Jackson buried his head under a book and pretends to sleep. “What are you doing?” Jaebum whispers in Jackson’s ear.

“Stop it, I am sleeping,” Jackson whispers back, taking a look to see if Mark noticed him. It seems that he didn’t, for now.

“What’s up with you and the new guy? Are you hiding?”

“He caught me stalking him,” Jackson says, blushing a bright shade of pink. Well, his plan wasn’t that bright after all.

Jaebum lets out a soft laugh and pets Jackson’s back. “I can’t believe I am your friend.”

“Stop bothering me, bother Jinyoung,” Jackson says, taking a quick look at Mark. He is in his seat at the back of the class, with his head on the desk and earphones in, his glasses lying on the table.

“He isn’t in school today.”

“Ah! That’s why you are talking to me.”

“You are a total jerk, Jackson Wang.” Jaebum snaps the notebook from Jackson’s hand and throws it at Mark. “He is awake.”

“You are a totally . What didn’t you understand from I am hiding from Mark?” Jackson asks, smiling softly to Mark. “I am going to apologize on your behalf.”

“Do that,” Jaebum shouts after Jackson. He is walking slowly, very slowly toward Mark, who is looking at Jackson with a murderous look. Stupid Jaebum and his stupid action that always gets me into trouble.

Jackson smiles at Mark, rubbing the back of his head and places himself on the seat beside him. “I am sorry, Jaebum can be a jerk sometimes.”

Mark takes one earphone bud from his ear and looks at Jackson, handing him the notebook. “Sorry, I didn’t hear you. What did you say?”

“I was apologizing for Jaebum,” Jackson repeats, taking the notebook from Mark.

“The guy who always glares at me.” Mark points to Jaebum. Jaebum is watching them and waves, letting a small smile.

“Yes, that’s him.” Jackson really wants to hit Jaebum and feed him to dogs, but he doesn’t want to get to jail at this young age.

“Well, tell him to off and let me alone.” Mark says, putting his bud in the ear again and places his head on the desk once again. Jackson is looking dense and frowns. What did just happen? The fragile, ghost Mark just told Jaebum to himself? That’s worth for an award.  Jackson starts to laugh by himself, getting in return some weird looks from his classmates.

 

***

 

 

Your friend....

“Hello, my dear friend,” Jackson says, placing himself in front of Mark. Mark was standing under this big amazing tree that Jackson never notices before, in the back school yard.

“I am not your friend,” Mark says, looking at the flower he was holding in his hand, like studying it for some project that Jackson forgot about.

Jackson never in his life have seen someone without social skills like Mark. “You like flowers?” Jackson points at the flower.

Mark looks up at Jackson and glares. “What do you want? What did you want all week?”

“Calm down, I just wanted to make new friends,” Jackson says. Well, the first time he just wanted a new buddy, now he really wants to know Mark better. Wants to know what made the boy be this ghostly.

“Then find someone else, I am not interested.”

“What’s wrong with you? I am just offering my friendship and you practically tell me to off?” Jackson raised his voice a bit but calmed, he is just talking with Mark, the boy without social skills.

Jackson swears that he had seen in Mark’s eyes sadness but was replaced soon by anger. “I didn’t ask you for your friendship, just leave me alone.” Suddenly the air became cold and dark clouds started to take upon the sunny sky.

“I don’t understand you,” Jackson says, rubbing his arms with his palms as the air becomes heavy with the dark clouds. “Everyone needs friends.”

“I don’t want to have friends.” Mark raises from the spot he is standing and leaves Jackson there, watching his back.

The rain started to fall and Jackson rushed back into the school.

 

***

 

In the rain...

“I don’t want to go to any party,” Jackson says, looking up at his ceiling while holding his phone to his ear.

“Come on, I’ll be there.” Jaebum voice rings back into Jackson’s ear. He tried to convince him to go to this party for an hour now.

“I told you, I don’t want to see you face with Jinyoung, deal with that,” Jackson says, his mind wandering back to Mark. The early event left him with something salt in his mouth. He can’t understand people like Mark. Why will anyone refuse someone’s friendship? Jackson never did anything to him, he barely knows the guy.

“Jackson, I promise, I won’t do that.” Jaebum pleads again and Jackson lets a big sight. He sits on his bed and makes his way toward his window to watch the rain fall.

“I know you and your promises.” Jackson's eyes wander around until it stops on a figure standing in the rain, Mark. “I’ll call you back.” He hangs up, not waiting for Jaebum replies and looks out the window again. Why on Earth Mark is standing in the rain? Is he mental? This must be the explication of why he doesn’t want to be friends with Jackson.

He can see his younger brother shouting from the doorway at Mark. Mark just smiles and waves at his brother. Weird, he will catch a cold if he stays more in the rain.

 

***

Fight...

After a long hour of practice, Jackson is happy to go home, to take a long shower and drift into dreams land.

It’s almost ten and the night air is chilly, so he wraps his jacket around himself and exits the school. He doesn’t see anyone in the parking lot, but after all, who would stay so late? The school ended a long time ago and when the last bell rang, everyone started to run in their home direction, no one anger to stay at school anymore.

His day wasn’t that bad, Mark actually didn’t ignore him like always. Mark listened to everything Jackson had to say and just nodded his head. It's progressing, right?

Approaching his car, Jackson can hear a smash and a voice crying in pain, coming from the right side, in the dark alley, between the school building and the sports building.

He may not be a saint, but he can’t let a poor soul wandering around in pain, so he lets his bag on the backseat of the car and goes to save the person. He isn’t a hero, but he can give a little help to someone in need.

Taking a turn around the corner, he isn’t surprised to see two boys pinning another boy on the building wall. “Come on, tell us, what is your specialty?” One of the boys, who has his back turned to Jackson, says punching the pinning boy in the stomach.

The boy lets a scream and glares at the other two boys between his almost closed lashes. Jackson knows the boy, Mark.  How could Jackson not recognize Mark, the beautiful Mark who stole his eyes on the first night he moved here?

 “Come on, we don’t have all night.”

“I told you, Earth.” The boy shouts, more like a cry. Jackson doesn’t know what to do. He knows how to fight, but he doesn’t know if he can take two guys and help Mark at the same time.

“Then why your brother told Jungkook that you are Fire?”

“I-“ The boys starts but a fist lands on his jaw and the boy cries in pain, coughing blood from his mouth. “Leave my brother out of this.” Mark manages to say, for Jackson surprise.

Jackson has no idea about what the guys are talking about, maybe they are crazy or something, but Jackson has to do something. He can’t stay and watch anymore, he can’t let those two guys kill the innocent soul.

“Hey,” Jackson shouts, making the other two to turn around, letting Mark fall down. Jackson let’s a smile appear on his face and his hands turn into fits. “What are you doing?”

“That is not your problem, leave before we make you.” One of the two boys says. He has pink hair and Jackson wonders what was in his mind when he dyed it pink. Maybe nothing.

“What about you make me?” Jackson approaches the boys closing his fists, ready to defend himself.

“Who are you?” The pink head asks, looking at Jackson, shooting glares.

“It’s not important, now get lost.” Jackson is about to run from there but when he looks at Mark, who is trying to stand leaning on the wall, he changes his mind. He gets his phone from his pocket and press something on it. “I am calling the police.”

“Don’t you dare.” The other one says, snapping at Jackson, who is putting his phone at his ear.

“The police? Someone-“ The other two boys looks at him and starts to run, but not before they kick Mark in the ribs again.

Jackson lets his phone fall on the hard ground and rushes toward Mark. “Are you ok?” He asks checking Mark’s head from any injuries.

“I am fine, I just need some water,” Mark says, hissing in pain, trying to stand up. “Let’s say that maybe a good rain.” Mark laughs a bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter