MVD: 03 [Final]

My Valentine Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | Love is...

 

♥♥♥

 

"C-Captain." Seohyun was able to utter, finding herself staring deeply into those eyes... as if she miss staring at them. She couldn't look away. It's been like a decade, right? But she has no idea why those eyes are still so beautiful. It's like, it's just yesterday. Not to mention, his touch, in his cheeks, she remembers them. It's still the same warm and soft touch. His perfume, she also still remembers - it's still the same strawberry. Seohyun smiled genuinely, suddenly becomes happy seeing him back in front of her. 

 

Yoong on the other hand is almost the same. But when he realized that red in her forehead, he put aside the history and got worried. "Are you okay... or not? Tell me, please." He pat her cheeks to cheek if she is.

 

"Y-Yes... I... Think." Seohyun sighed, as she touch her sore part. "Ah!" But that only made her cry.

 

"I think you need some ice pack." Yoong said, turning his head to the staff in the side. "Can I ask for an ice pack?"

 

"Yeah, sure." The two staffs of the hotel hurriedly left to get an ice pack.

 

Going back to the younger girl, He blink and blink, he was puzzled as he find the girl staring at him intently, without saying a thing. "What?" 

 

"It's been a while Captain." Seohyun's lips curled into a sweet smile.

 

"Aish. Let's get you up." Yoong looked away from the girl as he supported her in her shoulder. The latter gladly held into his shoulder as they slowly stood up. He can't help it and help her wipe off the dirt on her coat. Then, the girl stops and looked at him with a friendly smile. "Let's get you inside." He was about to reach the girl's hand when he change his mind and retracted it back.

 

"Um, hold on." Seohyun didn't see what Yoong's hand have did and look around for her phone she dropped earlier.

 

"What are you doing?" asked Yoong confusedly.

 

"My phone."

 

"Oh, there." The doe-eyed immediately saw the device not far from them. He frantically gets the device and her handbag before handing it back to the owner.

 

"Thanks." Seohyun thanked the doe-eyed instantly, earning his usual charming smile and a rub on the back of his head. She amusingly smiled before she returned her attention to the device. Once again, she pressed the call button, calling her blind date. But much to her surprised, she heard a loud ringing sound.

 

Yoong groaned quietly, taking his phone out of his pocket and reluctantly shows the screen of his device. "Well, Um... Apparently. I-I am... your d-date tonight." He bit his lip, smiling awkwardly. He immediately turned his head away, couldn't look at Seohyun straight in the eyes. 'Aish, what is happening to player Yoong? B-But... She's freaking so pretty now. I feel like my heart is freaking out too. Yoong. Comeback to your sense.' He shrugs off and returned his gazes back to her.

 

Seohyun snatched Yoong's phone without any warning and checks the number. It was her number that was flashing in his phone. "Shut up. How did this ha-Ah!" Once again, she winced when she felt a sharp pain in her head. "I think It's not just a bump - my head is throbbing. Maybe due to the impact." She held her head in support.

 

Yoong stepped forward and finally has the courage to hold the girl. "That's why we need you to get inside and take your seat there." His voice is manly and soft.

 

Seohyun did not say anything. She just followed the doe-eyed's lead, as she was taken inside. She felt relieved somehow, that she gets to meet a person that she knows. Otherwise, she would feel embarrass and burdensome. Yoong's touch in her hand reminds her of the first time they met - when it was her who takes her to the cashier counter.

 

Flashback...

 

After a couple of minutes of staying holding someone's hand, Seohyun slowly can feel the other person is holding her back. And the stares from few students from their school made her a shy and the will to let go. But much to her dismay, Yoong is not letting her. She looks back at him and saw his eyes are close. Cheeks are blushing profusely. Then, he suddenly leaned in to her, causing for her to leaned out.

 

"Omo, S-Sorry." Yoong quickly pulled back in panic after he saw what he just did. That also made him let go of her hand.

 

"What were you doing?" Asks Seohyun, blushing as well. She has no clue. Heck, she can't help but feel her heart beating fast.

 

Yoong's head hang low in embarrassment. "I'm sorry. That was nothing." Feeling stupid with what he did. Never did he thought he would go that far without his sense.

 

Seohyun reluctantly turned her head to the front, couldn't say anything at all. As soon as it was there turn, she hastily put the book and paid it.

 

End of Flashback...

 

A snap of finger made Seohyun snapped back to reality. And there, she finds himself next to the same doe-eyed, but the older version. He had gone more handsome, he just realized. But she has to realize also the boy is handing her a medicine, which she was a little late to get and drink. Another thing, an ice pack is on her forehead, quickly making her cry out of pain.

 

"Endure the pain, President." Says Yoong in a very soft voice again, while holding the ice pack for her. "Stay still." and instructed her when he felt that she moves. But he felt her supporting in his arm. That made him also stay still.

 

Seconds later, they fell into a complete silence, with Yoong just focusing on pressing the ice pack while Seohyun, holding him, enduring the pain until it went down. 

 

"Why are you in a coat? It isn't that cold, right?" Yoong asked, pointing to Seohyun's very close outfit. He just realized it too when his heart finally calms down. He put the ice pack down and looks at the girl with a confuse look.

 

Seohyun quietly giggle. "You just realize?"

 

"Aish, Annoying." Mumbled Yoong turning away from the younger girl. He face her again to place a band aid on her forehead, surprising the latter. "Better cover that up. Our date is still up." and then, handed the bouquet of roses.

 

"Oh, Thank You." Says Seohyun, lowly. She fix herself back and let out a sigh of relief. "But how'd you know Chief Jung?" Yet, another question crosses her mind. She doesn't seem to mind she will date an old friend/old lover?

 

Getting up, Yoong held out his hand just like the way he introduces himself the last time. "I know Jessica Noona in my College years. She and her boyfriend honestly."

 

"Wow, what a coincidence?" Seohyun get up without holding Yoong's hand somehow.

 

"To be honest, I'm still so surprise. I didn't know it's you... neither I know you're working with her. Those two are so mysterious."

 

"But do they know about us?" Seohyun casually asked, while she also walks with the latter next to him. "Do they know... " she was about to say about their high school when she realized it's not a good stuff to talk about. "I mean, do they know we know each other?" She rephrase, but failed miserably when Yoong strike a meaningful smile towards her.

 

"I'm pretty sure they don't know." Yoong says, trying her best to act cool. He knows his heart is being ridiculous again, by just accepting the fact that he's going on a blind date with a former girlfriend? Or was it only him who thinks they're in a relationship that time? Scratch that. Yoong shakes his head to leave the thoughts behind.

 

Seohyun sense the boy next to her is not being himself again. So before they could enter the lift, she wrapped one arm around his arm. "It's really glad to see you back, Yoong. I miss you." She said, truthfully. 

 

Yoong's heart jumps in surprised. Gladly, and he still look so fine, as they walks into the lift. But damn, his knees are weakening. It is starting to tremble with how Seohyun cling into him. It's just ridiculous but it's happening to the player Yoong. '... What is going on to me???!!! WHAT THE HELL LIM YOONG!!!' And of course, mind is freaking out.

 

"Whoa." Seohyun slowly softened her hold with the boy's arm, but only to press her upper arm. "Did you just gain some muscles?" The used to be unhealthy back then is surprisingly so healthy with how much muscles he has now. He was a captain and athletic indeed, but his attitude of eating random food were an issue for her and him back then.

 

Yoong pulled his arm, away from Seohyun. "Y-Yes." As he looked down, feeling thousands of bolts strikes his sudden fragile heart. Probably because, he can't yet forget what happened from the past? 'Aish, I hate this. I hate this. Put your sense back please, my heart. That was already from the past!!! this ! She already dumped you for crying out loud!!!'

 

"Are you okay? You look pale, Yoong." Seohyun creased her brows. She attempted to touch the latter again but He moved away.

 

Yoong frantically shake his head without turning his head to her. He realized, every time Seohyun is close to his heart, it likes crazy, beating unusually so fast. So as much as possible, he had to distant himself. Otherwise, he can't control it and will eventually explode.

 

"Okay." Seohyun felt a little uncomfortable too, since the doe-eyed is not comfortable still. It seems it worsen his situation when she touches him. 'What have I done?' in her head, as she thinks it over.

 

Once again, they fall into a complete silence, until the lift arrives. Yoong's mind is back at peace again. He walks out with Seohyn and headed to the restaurant Jessica told them. As they enter the said place, it's not only the romantic place that greets them, a very familiar song greeted them, almost immediately making the doe-eyed widened his eyes and Seohyun smiled, recalling that past.

 

Flashback...

 

Seohyun is having her lunch in the cafeteria in silence when a friend of hers suddenly appeared, rushing to her and pulled her up. Before she can ask why, she was being drag outside. She also notices there are a lot of students that were staring at her especially. She felt so weird and really strange. Until they stopped, in the veranda, facing the huge ground in the school's football field - she gasped to see Yoong in the middle of big heart compose of roses. He is wearing a black suit, waving at her briefly. Students are around, watching him started playing that one piano.

 

In that moment, she felt her heart skips a beat, as she felt shivers. Though he's there, far from where she stands, she can hear and listen to the piano keys. It made her flutter, as time passes. Moreover, it made her knees weak.

 

From the way You smile, to the way you look

You capture me, unlike no other.

 

And when she started to sing, it wasn't only her who got this smile, curling in her face, everyone, especially girls are wearing the same thing. As if, she was captured indeed. It had been a week since they started hanging out, and never did she thought Yoong can do this to her.

 

From the first hello, Yeah that's all it took

And certainly, We had each other

 

And I won't leave you

 

She stepped back momentarily when she saw his head turned to her, smiling so charmingly. She put her hands in her chest, as it started to get ridiculously beating fast. Whilst, butterflies are all over her stomach.

 

Always be true

One plus one, two for life

Over and Over Again

 

So don't ever think I need more

I've got the one to live for

No one else will do, And I'm telling you

 

Just put your heart in my hands

 

End of Flashback...

 

Seohyun's recalling over that one memorably moment was cut when she felt Yoong is starting to drag her - not outside but to their table, which is near to the glass wall, where they can see the Han River, so beautiful outside. 

 

"Wait, where are you going?" Asked Seohyun when Yoong was about leave.

 

"Comfort room, do you want to tag along?" Yoong jokes, making the girl release her hold over his wrist.

 

"I was just asking. Go ahead, I'll wait here." Seohyun smiled again, allowing the latter.

 

With that, He left their table. Seohyun let out a sigh watching Yoong's back. It wasn't just his arm that changed, his back, he had a y back now. She bit her lip and admire his back for the first time after they separated ways. It's surprising that she still has the feelings for him. As if, it was renewed? She thought it already faded, but no, it was still there. It's just unfortunate that - that time, her focus are more on her studies. She decided not to entertain her feelings.

 

To be honest, she lied. She lied to her office-mate that she had never fall for someone ever since birth.

 

After a while, Yoong's back had completely disappeared. Seohyun sighed in disappointment. She shifted her attention rather to the food that was serve. "Did Chief Jung also ordered this for us?" asked her to the two chefs that were preparing the table.

 

"Yes, Miss Seo."

 

"I see." Seohyun flashes a friendly smile. Turning her head to the other table, she was flustered when she caught a couple making out. She immediately shifted her gazes to the food. But the inviting view of the Han River made her change her mind. She put her eyes outside, while waiting for her 'date', who is apparently uncomfortable around her - and somehow, she's starting to understand. She dumped him back then, who would feel comfortable around her? She must be so happy to see him back that she isn't minding what she did to him. 

 

Suddenly, her reflection in the wall made her realize she's still in her coat. So she got up and put aside the coat, revealing her real outfit; the white dress. 

 

Meanwhile, in the comfort room, Yoong is apparently washing his face, trying to wash all the thoughts in his mind. He honestly needs a cold shower just to get rid of it - but since he isn't in at home, washing his face with a cold water will do. He keeps on doing it while his mind went back to the very day Seohyun dumped him. It wasn't easy for him, actually.

 

Flashback...

 

"Yoong, I'm sorry. It's better if we are just friends. I hope you forgive me after this."

 

It's been 2 hours since he got home, curling like a ball in the bed, crying his heart out, as his mind had been replaying what Seohyun told him after their class earlier in their Economics. He was so heartbroken, knowing that he had been dumped, by the only girl who made him fall for the first time. It's only been a month since they started hanging out, and within that month, he dated her - at the same time, showing his sincere interest as great a lover. He thought they could last for months. But it all vanished when she dumped him over her studies.

 

"Yoong? Are you back?"

 

Yoong couldn't let his mother see nor hear him crying, so he got up from his bed and hide himself inside the closet, muffing his sobs through his white shirt. There, he keeps on crying, he keeps on asking himself what had he done why Seohyun did not love him back. Was it because he is popular? He had a lot of fan girls? He never entertained other girls except President Seo, to be honest. He had been so loyal for her. What is wrong about it? Or was it because, he isn't good enough for her? Did he hurt her in some ways? He had no idea. All that he knows is, his feelings... it's real and true. The girl did not see it. And sadly, it's broken. It's broken into pieces like the pieces of mirror his mother accidentally broke a couple of days ago. In short, it's too painful. His first love didn't went well.

 

But much to his surprise, he was caught. The door in the closet opens, with his mother immediately checking him inside.

 

"Yoong? Oh my God. What's wrong? Why is my baby crying?" Mrs. Im pulled the shirt in her son's mouth, frowning to see her son so mess up with tears in his eyes.

 

He can't say anything at all, and just throw his arms around his mother's neck. Then, he let it go. He let all his pain go by crying. He's a boy who promise he will not cry because boys don't cry. But that beliefs vanishes because of his broken heart.

 

Mrs. Im keeps on rubbing her son's back, comforting her with all her might. She had no idea what is going on but she hoped, once he will calm down, he'll share what is inside him.

 

-

 

"Seo-Seohyun. President Seo. She dumped me Omma." Yoong hesitantly replied to his mother's question: What made you cry?, 3 hours later after he calm down. He is looking down to his lap, fidgeting over the hem of his pajama. 

 

"Shut up?!" Mrs. Im gasped upon hearing the truth from her son. 

 

"It's true. She told me, we're better as friends." Yoong almost doesn't want to continue with his super low and husky voice.

 

"Oh God Yoong. I thought you and her really love each other? And I thought you said you guys will reach your dreams together? What happened, baby?"

 

Yoong was surprised that he can still able to shed tears. "I'm just being delusional, Omma. We will never are." he bitterly replied, wiping his tears.

 

Cupping her son's face, Mrs. Im made her son looked at her in the eyes. She felt more than pain for her son. "It's okay. Don't cry anymore. It hurts seeing you like this, son."

 

"But I love her, Omma. I seriously love her." Yoong pouted sadly. He didn't think this will end this way for him. As if, the world just ended. "I feel like I have been dumped in a garbage now. I feel so helpless. I feel so weak, I feel so useless... I feel like I'm the worse person on earth... Omma. Waeyo?!!! What have I done wrong?"

 

"I know, I know, I understand what you are feeling. But come to think of it? It's a good thing that she told you early. Otherwise, it will be more painful if it will take more months. Let this be a way for you to grow up. It's first love indeed, but let this be a way for you to discover more of this. You're still so young, my baby." Mrs. Im advises, helping her son wiping those fresh tears in his cheeks. "Move on, you still have a long way to go my future Engineer."

 

Yoong wrapped his arms around his mother again, crying his heart out again. He doesn't know what will be next for him, but he's sure, it will take months or even a year for him to move on from his first love.

 

"Focus on your dream as an Engineer, soon , you will forget about the pain. And soon, you can find a better girl that will take care and love you more than that girl."

 

End of Flashback...

 

Heaving a sigh, Yoong finished washing his face and stood still - facing the mirror with a smirk in his face. "Player Yoong is back." He said to himself and swiftly wore back his suit jacket.

 

__

 

 

But much to his surprising soul, he went back to their table, just to fell out from his chair after he saw Seohyun's revealing dress.

 

"Omo, are you okay Yoong?" Seohyun got up and bend down to check on him.

 

Yoong's eyes widened when he saw her full cleavage so close. "D-Do you think I'm okay? H-How.... how could... " He was about to say what's in his mind when Seohyun quickly covered her chest and shyly smiled with her mistake. He groans and hurriedly got up, composing himself again. "I'm okay. I didn't saw the chair well, Sorry." fck. How can I pay attention to the chair when my eyes caught the cleavage more? She's not making sense'

 

Seohyun was about to go back to her seat when Yoong pulled the chair for her. She smiled sweetly and take her seat back. As Yoong also take his seat, he let out a sigh and was amazed by the food in the table. 

 

"Wow. You ordered this, President?"

 

"Chief Jung also ordered that for us, Captain." Seoyun replied softly.

 

Gazing back to Seohyun, Yoong's eyes once again saw the cleavage making him gripped at the edge of the table. He realized, she had perfect , big and firm. Then her y curves, they're just perfect, he almost didn't believe it's Seohyun in front of him. The President has really change? '. She's a hot babe. Why I just realize this?'

 

"Yoong, my face is here, not in the bottom." Seohyun teases, reaching for the boy's chin and pushed it lightly high, so he's staring at her. She giggles when she also realized his cheeks are turning red. She expected this will come though. She was in her coat earlier, not revealing much of her skin.

 

"Aigoo." Yoong shakes his head, causing for the young girl to retract her hand back. "Shall we?" offered him, taking his spoon and fork first.

 

Seohyun sweetly smiled again. "Sure." doing the same. She can't help it and glance at his face before slowly eat her meal as well. She has to admit, he's gone more handsome. Or should she say, a bachelor now? She was really wrong when she dumped him. Look, she didn't get to see how he grows up. It's just amazing. But somehow she can't help and wonder if Yoong have really forgiven her? After what she had done, the latter never meet with her anymore. Until she just saw him now. But for now, she brush off the thoughts of the past and live in the present.

 

"This is embarrassing." Yoong speaks before having a bite on his steak.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun just hummed, briefly glancing to Yoong.

 

"You are wearing white too. As if we are in our wedding reception. And they're our guests." Yoong flashes his infamous smile to his date.

 

"Like we are Married couple now?" Seohyun played along. Like what she told Jessica, she is not innocent. In fact, she knows even flirting.

 

Yoong was a bit surprised when he heard it. Heck, he likes them, so he played cool. "Yeah, we are indeed role playing a married couple. A young and adorable married couple. I feel so giddy." He giggles at the end.

 

"I know right? And we'll have cute and beautiful children." Seohyun giggles as well. She suddenly thought of feed Yoong. So she raised her fork and offered. "Say Ah."

 

The doe-eyed leaned out. "What are you doing?" As he find it surprising.

 

"Aww, Aren't we in a date? Come on, Eat this Captain."

 

"What?" Yoong cringe at Seohyun's display of affection. When his eyes landed to his chest again, he looks away instantly. He doesn't know but he seriously can't stare more to his cleavage. As if, she's his weakness? 'Weird.'

 

"Have you really change? The last time, if I will feed you, you will gladly open your mouth. Now you don't? The Lim Yoong..." Seohyun couldn't continue her words anymore when the boy opened his mouth and eat the food. She smiled and pinch his cheeks.

 

Yoong blushed. But he doesn't want to be a loser. He also raised his fork with one-cut of piece of steak, offering it for the latter.

 

At first, Seohyun is reluctant. But seeing how Yoong wants her to eat it also, she intentionally did not cover her chest as she leaned in, opens and... Eat nothing but the air. Yoong stuck his tongue victoriously, eating it for her instead and kiss her cheek. "Yah!" She literally slapped his shoulder, earning his chuckles.

 

"I have never change, you know."

 

Seohyun shot him a glare, composing herself again. "Aish." But cheeks are turning red due to embarrassment.

 

"Here." Yoong once again offers.

 

"No."

 

"It's real now. Come on, President."

 

Seohyun didn't mind the choding and feed herself rather. Once is enough, she doesn't want to embarrass herself anymore.

 

"Okay." Disappointed, Yoong eat it himself. But he grins, amuse with Seohyun's red cheeks. Not to mention, she seems pissed rather than embarrass. He find is so adorable.

 

Again, they fall into a complete silence, just constantly glancing at each other with no words to say. At least for a good 5 minutes, until Yoong broke his silence.

 

"By the way, How are you now? It's been... 6 years?" Yoong felt silly but it's the only question that crosses his mind. He is curious somehow with what's going on with her. 

 

"Doing fine. As always." Seohyun replied, reaching for the wine bottle, after finishing her meal.

 

"No. I'll get it." But Yoong quickly snatched it and pour for her wine glass.

 

"How about you?" Asked Seohyun too, watching him pour some red wine. She is casually eating the salad at the same time.

 

"I'm fine, of course. Just like I've told you, I will reach my dream." Yoong couldn't help but share it. "And you too, Am I right?" He put the glass next to the girl's plate, as he exchange gazes with the latter.

 

"So Engineer Lim? Not Captain Lim anymore?" 

 

"If you want to call me that, then you can do so. But you are... Designer Seo too."

 

A playful smile broke in Seohyun's lips. "You can still call me with President if you are more comfortable with that."

 

Yoong chuckles. "Of course. You will always be my President anyway." But he bit his lip immediately after hearing himself. Seohyun stared at her with a surprise look. "Uh... I-I mean... Of course, you're still that president I know in Junior High. Nothing has change, right? Hahaha!" He laughs out loud, embarrassingly.

 

"And you're my captain too." Seohyun claimed, staring straight to Yoong's eyes after he calmed down. She smiled and looked away to pour the doe-eyed his wine. Yoong is just staring, have no words to say. "Captain." As she handed it to him, he's still staring. "Yoong? Are you okay?" and she wonders why. Just earlier, he was laughing out loud. Now, he is shutting his mouth. "Did I say wrong? Did I hurt you somewhere?"

 

"No. I was just being silly." The doe-eyed sighed, accepting the glass of win. He didn't think twice and drink it all in one go. He put it down and grab his fork to stab on his salad this time. "I was jut thinking of some ridiculous... weird... thoughts? Honestly, when I know I will have a date tonight? I was literally excited. I was literally an hour early. Because I thought, it's another night that would be so memorable?"

 

"I'm sorry - I was late." Seohyun gasped after hearing it. She didn't know Yoong had been waiting for an hour for her, and there she was, doubting if she will go or not.

 

"Nah, it's okay. It's a good thing and it's you I am having a date. And so far, I'm having a great night. Because if it's not you? I'm pretty sure It would be boring that will end up in bed." Yoong put on a ridiculous smirk, but for only to broke it when he saw a familiar person behind Seohyun's shoulder. And much to his dismay, he also look at him.

 

"Bed? What are you talking about bed?" Seohyun chuckles softly. But it was surprising Yoong sounded like a player.

 

Without any warning, Yoong hide under the table. And in that moment, he realized Seohyun is crossing her legs, showing or exposing those milky skin of hers. Especially her thighs, he just realized are... y. For the first time, Player Yoong covered his eyes to prevent himself peeking at the girl's expose legs. At the same time, way to control himself.

 

"Hey? Why are you there?" Seohyun frantically checking down underneath.

 

"Don't look down. Chin Up!" Yoong instructed firmly, without uncovering his eyes. He hoped Seulgi won't approach their table. Otherwise, he will once again receive a punch in his stomach.

 

Seohyun automatically complied. Yet, she let out a giggle when she recalled the Captain is covering his eyes. Probably because she's showing her legs confidently underneath? Now, that's impressive. She thought he would go crazy of it like the other boys out there. But still, she wonders what's happening? He's freaking cute hiding like a baby underneath the table.

 

Yoong slowly uncovered his eyes and pulled a little the clothing of the table, checking if Seulgi isn't staring at their table anymore. A sigh of relief escape his lips when he realized the table he saw she is sitting is already empty. But before he can completely breath comfortably, he felt someone's playing with his hair. It made him giggle due to the tickles. He turned his head, only to meet Seohyun's feet. He literally slapped it, causing for the girl to giggle. Can't help it, he held her feet and bit the thumb of her toes.

 

"AH!" Which earned Seohyun's sudden scream.

 

Victoriously, he revealed himself chuckling.

 

"YAH! THAT WAS HARD, LIM YOONG!" Heck, Seohyun outburst. She is rubbing her toe, while sending a glare to the doe-eyed. A couple of glances from costumers were seen, but it didn't help her.

 

Yoong looked down. "Sorry." As if he was scolded. But more on, embarrass.

 

"Aigoo, it's okay, Captain." Seohyun sighed and broke into a big smile after a while. When Yoong didn't budge, she leaned in to poke at his nose. "It's okay now. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have shouted on you. Well, you can't blame, it hurts. Why'd you have to bite my toe? I was just playing with your hair. And why are you under the table, though? Did you see someone to hide from?"

 

Yoong slowly looked up and also smiled back. "I thought I've hurt you."

 

"But why did you hide?" Seohyun asked again, too curious.

 

"I saw one of my flings." Yoong decided to be true to himself. After all, there's nothing between them.

 

"Flings?" Seohyun gasped, didn't expect to hear it. So she was right earlier, Yoong is a player. 

 

"You know, those short term relationship."

 

"Chincha? So you dated... a lot... of girls now?" Seohyun felt a sharp pain in her heart. It suddenly disappointed her too. 

 

The doe-eyed simply nodded, pouring himself again with the wine. "Do you want to be one of my flings?" He jokes, earning a slap in his shoulder. "I was just kidding. I wouldn't do that to you." she chuckled in response. "You deserve a better man. Not me." He raise his wine briefly before he take a sip of it.

 

It was Seohyun's turn, watching her date intently without saying a word. She just doesn't know what to react, feeling that the latter was sad when he said those words. Something is telling her that he doesn't mean it. But unexpectedly, it also made her heart aches.

 

"Oh, I like the music. Do you wanna dance President Seo?" Yoong put his wine down and offered a dance, holding out his hand at the same time.

 

Seohyun smiled back, couldn't help it and can see the young version of the latter. When she was ask by him into the dance floor during their prom. Unconsciously, she held his hand without leaving his eyes.

 

Yoong gladly takes Seohyun to the dance floor. He reluctantly put her hands in his shoulder and glad she didn't refuse to hold him there. Then, he also put his hands in her hips, leading her instantly to sway their hips in the mellow music called 'Rain'. Whilst, eyes are not leaving each other. Both are like living in the past, dancing in their prom. Back when their hearts are still so innocent. Back when, Yoong has a long hair while Seohyun has bangs. And back when Seohyun is still a strict President Student Council while Yoong is a stubborn and childish Captain. All from the past came rushing in their minds. That one memorable night their hearts would never forget.

 

Unconsciously, Seohyun wraps her arms around the doe-eyed's neck and hugging him momentarily. Yoong's arms on the other hand have completely wrapped around the girl's slim waist. Both are still swaying their hips to the music, immense by it. 

 

"I haven't tell you, you're the most beautiful girl I've seen. Not only tonight because of your wedding dress... but always. Whatever you wear." He whispers in her ear, sending cold sensations down the girl's nerves. "And, I'm really happy to see you back. Thank You for making this night so good... President."

 

Seohyun did not answer, rather tightened her hug with Yoong. She felt a sudden possessiveness. Maybe because, she's starting to regret with her decision from the past.

 

'Damn. I'm suppose to hit on my date tonight. But I end up being like weak boy. I can't collect this girl.' Yoong said in his mind, loving their moment now. And yes, her perfume, it's still the same. The warmth they're sending to each other, it's really fluttering and causing for her fall more and more... deeper and deeper. 6 years that passed, it's amazing she still has that effect on him.

 

They stayed like that for a while until the song change, they reluctantly release the hug and went back to their table, holding hands.

 

___

 

 

"Wow, there's even a dessert? My diet will be broken."

 

"You're on a diet Captain?" Came Seohyun's giggle, as if nothing just happened to her earlier in the dance floor.

 

"You do know I have to maintain my figure, right? Since this is what girls like." Yoong reacted mindlessly. But it's true.

 

Seohyun just smiled and scoop into their one big bowl of ice cream.

 

"By the way, are you dating anyone right now?"

 

"Hmm?" 

 

Yoong was amuse with Seohyun's innocent but surprised face. "I was asking if you are dating anyone at the moment? You are... a gorgeous and y lady. I'm pretty sure you have dated a lot of guys out there. So? Are you going to marry soon?" He can't help but joke around, since they already joke about their outfits as married couple in a Valentine Date.

 

"No. I mean, why would I marry if.... " Seohyun pause, having this hesitations for a couple of seconds. "If... I've been single since High School?" She said, looking away immediately and scoop on the ice cream. She thinks she just hinted the latter and the same time, flirted?

 

"Wow, Chincha? So... you dated no one other than me?" Yoong felt her heart beating unusually again. "Why?"

 

Seohyun did not answer. She instead once again offering to feed her date. Yoong opened his mouth but she changed her mind and eat it, sticking her tongue out playfully. The latter is sending her a glare. She just shrug and once again feeds him, he complied and she didn't changed her mind no more. She let him eat the ice cream in her spoon.

 

"Isn't it sweet?"

 

"It's sweet like you." Said Yoong, meaningfully.

 

Seohyun find herself shutting , while her eyes were in the doe-eyed's and spoon is in . Yoong is also quiet, staring back to her. She could feel her heart fluttering and beating that fast. She and him are like that for about a minute, until she felt the tip of his spoon. She put down her own spoon as a sweet smile broke in her face, parting her lips a little then opening it wide to eat the cold substance fully. 

 

Without looking away, Yoong charmingly smiled and put his own spoon also back to his mouth. "I didn't know an indirect kiss would be this sweet and... fluttering." He said, sending a meaningful message to Seohyun through his expressive gazes.

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip and looked away. Yoong just hit on her, she almost lose her insanity with his gazes. She was about to scoop again when she felt his hand in her wrist, making her look back at him again. "What?"

 

Yoong did not say a thing, he just took her spoon and also put it in his mouth for good seconds before giving it back.

 

"What did you just did?" Seohyun frowned, seriously have no idea.

 

"It's sweeter if there's no ice cream on the spoon." Yoong winks victoriously and casually returned his attention to the ice cream.

 

Seohyun sure her heart almost dropped after she heard and saw the doe-eyed winks at her. She was agape and couldn't say a thing, finding herself staring at him again, while he's celebrating with how she has no reaction. A couple of seconds later, she finally shrugs him and also scoops on their ice cream. But she can't help it and smile, and so as the doe-eyed boy, who seems happier than earlier.

 

__

 

 

Groaning -- Yoong is not really believing what he is currently doing. He is outside a lady's comfort room, holding the flowers and Seohyun's handbag. The latter have come running inside just when they're about to leave the place. But what else can he do? She's his date and it's his responsibility to take care of her stuffs. But standing outside with people passing by is quiet uncomfortable. Though he had done this a lot of times, it's still uncomfortable. Maybe because, they'll through their eyes and smiles.

 

"What's taking her long, though? She isn't just peeing - is she? Geez, this girl." mumbled him, couldn't help but chuckle with his own thoughts.

 

Meanwhile, inside, Seohyun just walks out the cubicle and was about to head to the sink when she realizes, a girl looks at her when she walks out. She simply smiled back and proceeds to the sink, washing her hands momentarily with the warm water.

 

"Are you that girl?"

 

She pause upon hearing the girl speaks. "Huh?" which made her look at her in the eyes, through the mirror in front.

 

"I've seen it. You're with him."

 

"I... " I've seen one of my flings. Seohyun pause for a second when Yoong's voice rings her head. "Are you talking about... Yoong?" so she ask to confirm. She isn't that tall, as what she had expect.

 

"Yup. So you're on a date with him? Your Valentine Date?" The girl asked, sounded rude in Seohyun's ears.

 

She simply nodded in response.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter