MVD: 1.3

My Valentine Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

01 | Convincing

 

♥♥♥

 

It has been a few hours since Seohyun started her job. Yet, here she is, still can't finish the three designs. She's still in her desk, redoing some part of her design, if she wanted to.

 

Being a perfectionist, she wanted to have the best design before she can call it 'finish'. It's been 4 years in the field, and still, she put the same attitude with her work.

 

She is too immense on it until she just realize it's lunch break time, and it feels like it's only been a minute since she started working. Her stomach growled and her eyes slightly blurred. Since she had been staring intently over the screen of her iPad Pro, which is helping her draw her design easily.

 

Putting aside her pen and closing her monitor, she moves herself to the right, through her leather chair and peek her head behind the wall in her cubicle. Her brows creased in confusions when she saw a close officemate's monitor, showing some scenes in a movie, rather than the usual drawings or the company's website.

 

"Bora Unnie? What is that?" She curiously ask somehow. The called out girl almost instantly close the monitor, as she frantically turned her body around, smiling awkwardly to her. 

 

"Finish with your work, Hyun?" 

 

Seohyun blinks twice, "Yes." innocently replying. "But-"

 

"Lunch break time!" Bora exclaimed, getting up and grabbing her shoulder bag in the side. She hurriedly approached the one year younger designer and pulled her up without warning.

 

"Hold on." But Seohyun yanks her friend's hand away from her as she grabs her own lunch box bag as well. She haven't even compose herself and the older girl grabs her arm, dragging her immediately to the lift, where others are also heading to. As soon as she finds herself inside the lift again, she felt awkward when she heard them again talking about preparations for Valentines Day with their boyfriend or girlfriend. She's just in the corner, listening, in silence - couldn't relate to their topic. But at some point, she's learning new things. For so many years working in the same company, she had learned a lot of things about them - including the timely Valentines Date - which she's always not really interested. She doesn't need a man to make her happy - that's always her perspective.

 

But out of a sudden, they're looking at them.

 

"Yah, guys. Don't be too dramatic again. Seohyun has a date this Valentines day." Bora smiled, confident her friend will have. Even though she had never heard the girl's plan.

 

"Seohyun-ah, if you want... you can go to a blind date with my cousin. He's also looking for one to date." 

 

"My friend's friend, he's looking for a single girl like you too."

 

"Oh, there's also my model friend, Seohyun. He's good looking... and when I showed him your picture, he is interested."

 

Bora chuckles amusingly with their officemates. "Hold on guys. She's not going to date all of your friends. But... that's how everyone cares for you, Hyun."

 

"What can I say? Um, I'll think about the offers somehow." Seohyun couldn't say much and shrugs.  But cheeks are literally so red. Likewise, these officemates wants her to date someone already. She just find it funny they're always like that to her. She's used to it.

 

Bora pulled Seohyun close to her again, through her arm and falls into a complete silence, as they wait for the lift to stop to their floor. Seohyun on the other hand is smiling, feeling a bit protected with Bora in her side. At least, the girl hasn't ask her to date her friend or anything.

 

*Ding*

 

As the elevator's door opens, all of them bowed in respect when Chief Jung walks into the room. Seohyun did as what others did also. But as soon as she compose herself, she widened her eyes a little after Chief Jung smiled at her meaningfully before facing the door of the elevator. She was puzzled and wondering why she suddenly acted that way to her. And it seems like, it's only her who noticed it.

 

__

 

 

Seohyun put her lunch box on the table after buying a banana on the cafeteria, expected to see Bora following her that instant. But it came so surprising for her when it's Chief Jung, rather than her. She sat down, across the blonde girl, speechless and agape. She is smiling at her, ushering her to eat her lunch already as she does it as well. She felt so weird, because she's doesn't act this way. It's adorable, ironically.

 

After just a minute of staring to the blonde, She decided to finally eat. At this moment also, Jessica speaks.

 

"Hyun, Where are you going this Valentines Day?" Or rather, she's asking without a doubt.

 

Seohyun almost choke at her food after she heard it. She looked at her boss back with a surprise look. "What?" As if she just heard it. Well, she just really heard this from a boss like her. She's not like the others that keeps on nagging about this February 14.

 

"I just realize everyone seems to have their dates already. So I wanna ask if you have plans as well?" Jessica grins, so wide.

 

Seohyun blinked twice and sighed audibly before asking the older girl carefully. "Do you... By chance copying them?" Her voice end up low. But not too low for the older girl to hear.

 

"You know, I just realize... I have never seen you bringing someone in the office. It's as if, you have never dated anyone? Am I right?" 

 

The younger girl felt really strange. But she is getting the latter is asking her. "Yes, I had never. However-"

 

"Oh, so I'm really right." Jessica punched the table, showing her excitement. "Which means, it's not going to be a big deal if you will date one this coming, Sunday."

 

"Yes?" Seohyun shivered upon hearing Jessica, asking her about it. She had predicted it already, but she still was surprise. "I... I'm not sure about that." She's different from the others, who are asking to go out. But for crying out loud, she really doesn't like going on a blind date.

 

"What do you mean?" Jessica confusedly asked.

 

Seohyun couldn't look at the older girl as she looks down rather. "I have a schedule in that day." she lied, quickly biting her lip.

 

"Really? But that's holiday. The following day is even another Holiday because it's the company's Anniversary." Jessica stated as a fact. "Where are you going during that day?" thus, felt a little disappointed. Yeah, for the first time, she's disappointed with Seohyun.

 

"I'm going to the province." Again, Seohyun lied, couldn't come up with a good excuse.

 

Jessica rolled back her eyes. "You're obviously lying to me Joohyun. Tsk,tsk." but she can't give up right away. "Come on, Joohyun. Just this year, date someone." she slightly whine, shaking the younger girl's right hand as she also pout her lips. 

 

"I'm sorry, Chief Jung." Seohyun still insists. She has no intentions in disappointing the boss, but she can't help it. It's not really her thing to go out with someone. To think, that's rest time for her.

 

There was a couple silence in their table before, "I seriously doesn't know why you don't like going out with anyone else. But if that's really you, then so be it." Jessica said, shrugging it off and resumes on her lunch. But in her mind, 'I'm not giving up on you Joohyun.'

 

Sensing that the older girl will not talk about it anymore, Seohyun picked up her spoon back and silently eat her lunch as well. She secretly glance at the quiet blonde girl, she smiled in satisfaction that the latter doesn't mind it at all. She casually returned her attention to her food.

 

Jessica secretly glanced at her friend/designer as well and smirk, 'Hm, I know now how to convince this girl.' Her phone suddenly beeps, she fished it out of her suit jacket's pocket and reads the message from Yoong himself.

 

 

 

"Aish, he's pressuring me." Jessica mumbled, putting back her phone inside her pocket. She smiled awkwardly at the younger girl across her when she realizes she's starring at her after she said those words.. "Ehehehe, nothing. I was just talking to myself." reluctantly, she returned her attention back to her food, and that made her sighed in relief. 'I feel like stupid. This is all your fault, Lame Yoong. This is all your ing fault.'

 

'Weird, Chief Jung.' Seohyun on the other hand have to think it again - that her superior is acting unusually. Apparently, she is watching her eating her food as if she is mad or something. She look so bitter with her every bite. She almost want to ask if she made her mad, but she refused. All that she can do is watch and, "Tsk,tsk." shrugs after a while.

 

__

 

 

"Yeah and..." Seohyun couldn't continue her words when she saw her desk... yes her desk, oh so clean. She just went out to the comfort room, but when she came back, it's already so clean. Her things are neatly place. Not to mention, the box she had for contact numbers is empty. Her picture frame of her parents doesn't have any dust now.

 

She hurriedly cheeks on her trash can underneath, it was even clean and empty. The crumpled paper isn't there anymore. Moreover, there's this aroma that made her felt like she's in a rose garden. "I'll call back." She ends the call on her phone and compose herself back, looking around if it's not only her cubicle. Much to her dismay, it's only indeed hers. Everyone's desk are at mess, while hers is undoubtedly the most clean desk. "Who the hell?"

 

"Is that what you call for someone who wanted to see your desk always clean?" She heard a very familiar voice behind, causing for her to turn and gasp.

 

"You did this?" 

 

Jessica nodding and grinning, "For my one and only hard working designer. How'd you like it?" She stops close enough in front of her.

 

"Why?" Asked the younger girl, however.

 

The older girl chukles softly. "No need to ask that. But if you really want to know, it's because you are working hard. You deserve a clean desk done by me. Besides, all your designs are really great Joohyun. Clients are really like them. Good job. Hmm?" She pat her shoulder and passes at her, proceeding to her office.

 

Agape, speechless Seohyun take her seat and still couldn't believe what just Chief Jung have done to her desk.

 

"She's weird, Seohyun." Bora said out loud to her friend, catching her attention instantly. "She really cleaned your place all by herself. I've ask for help but she did not let me."

 

"Chincha? Did she tell you, why?"

 

Bora shakes her head. "But you know what? I'm sure she just want you to work comfortably in your desk, so you will be inspire to work. Hehe. Or, Chief Jung is lesbian and likes to ask you for a date. Ehehehe." She snickered at the end, going back to her work momentarily.

 

"That's impossible. She has a boyfriend." Seohyun chuckled amusingly.

 

"Oh yeah, almost forgot her handsome tan boyfriend." Giggled Bora, without looking back to Seohyun.

 

Sighing, Seohyun picks up her pen and her device. She shake her head to shake the thoughts out of her head.

 

-

 

3:00pm.

 

At exactly afternoon break, Seohyun's mouth opens so wide as she lets out a big yawn while putting her hands in the air, to stetch her arms and move her head from left to right. But she has to stop right away when once again, Chief Jung caught her attention, standing in front of her desk. She hastily got up and was about to ask why or what can she help her, but the older girl simply place a mug with a coffee and a plate of piece of cake on top of her desk.

 

"Enjoy your snack, Designer Seo." She said and left the office, widely smiling.

 

Seohyun's head turned behind, watching the blonde's back disappearing her sight.

 

"She's seriously weirdly sweet, Seohyun-ah." Bora commented, picking up the still hot coffee and sip a little. She animatedly went back to her seat.

 

Taking her seat back, Seohyun's 2nd time to feel so strange with Jessica's behavior. And as she think for any reason, she couldn't find even one of it. Bora's words however rings in her head. She must be just doing it for her to keep on doing good designs. 

 

She looks at herself through the reflection of the coffee, a big and genuine smile slowly plastered in her face. As if it's a new inspiration, a new idea crosses her mind.

 

-

 

5:00pm.

 

Seohyun was satisfied to finished at least one design for the day. She close her device and put it inside her backpack, together with her pocket book and other files. As soon as she zipped it close, she realize the aroma in her place, which is still so fresh. Now she wonders what kind of perfume did Chief Jung put on her desk. 

 

She checks her phone for any new messages, yet, there's none. She simply put it back in the pocket of her suit jacket. She grabs her coat and casually also wears it. 

 

"Seohyun-ah, See you tomorrow again."

 

"See you!" She waved back to an officemate who passes at her, waving.

 

"Guys, have a good weekend." Another one greeted, walking out of their office.

 

Seohyun smiled back. bowed and also waves. Literally, everyone is saying their goodbyes here and there until it's her time to do so for Bora. But the latter seemed to have finished her work as well. She got up and hurriedly fixed her things before approaching Seohyun, heading to the lift. Just as they arrived in front of the elevator, it opens, and a tan guy standing so tall in front of them, walks out with a meaningful smile towards Seohyun.

 

"He didn't even greeted you, Hyun?" Bora raised her brows, watching the tan guy's back, heading to the office of their boss.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter