Morning in his Arms

The Chances of Falling in Love
 

Dares were passed on throughout the night and taking shots to the extent. By one in the morning most of guests left leaving the house hoarded with cans, bottles, streamers, left over food, confetti, and the smell of cigarettes in every part of the house. 

Jane who clearly had the best of the night was knocked dead on the couch and Jason being shirtless on the floor with his legs spread out. 

 

The owner of the house, one of Jason's buddy Nate, asked another friend, Dean, to help him move them. Nate has been Jason's best buddy for years since Jason moved into the neighborhood. They were always together like brothers since Jason's mom was always out of town. Curly red hair and ginger freckled face, who wouldn't recognize Nate. He was tall and scrawny, and always good around most people unless they get on his nerves.

Dean had picked Jane up onto his back, "Where are you gonna put them Nate?" 

Nate had Jason his back, "Take them to my room," He groans feeling the heavy weight of Jason, "I'll sleep in my parents' room tonight."

Each step made it feel like Nate's back was going to break. He didn't realize that Jason could be this heavy without at least half of his body to be awake. 

 

The two took them into Nate's room. A shade of lime green colored the walls, posters of rock bands hung side by side and clothes were on the floor maybe dirty or clean. No one really knew if Nate wore clean or dirty clothes so it must not bother him wearing anything even if he wore the other day.The bed was a twin bed covered with a plaid of grey shades. 

Nate and Dean quickly threw Jason and Jane onto the bed then throwing the blanket on top of them. 

Nate stood there chuckling breathlessly, "Damn he's heavier than before." He clenches his fists with a rushing feeling of amazement, "Oh~ I can't wait to see the expression on their faces tomorrow. A bully and a victim for years in one bed?" He laughs, "Alright lets go." He shuts the door behind him and left the two in his bed.

_____________

 

The time was 8:24 shown on the clock next to the bed. The blankets were moving around while Jane was trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in. She could feel the presence of some one next to her but thought it was a long pillow and decided lay her head on it which was actually Jason's arm that was spread out. He felt her hair on his arm and wrapped it around her body. 

A small sigh escaped his lips as Jane turns to her side smelling the scent of cologne and alcohol mixed together. The smell was kind of bothering her and made her have the feeling to wake up. Her eyelids opened slowly with the sun shining through the window brightly lightening up the room. 

Everything was blurry for a moment and she could see that she was sleeping in a bed with someone. Once her focus returns, she gazed up at who he was and it was Jason. Her eyes were fully awake and she tried not to make a peep. Her chest began to race as she was wondering how she ended up in bed with him. 

Slowly trying to escape, Jason's arm held onto her tighter. It made her irritated but she didn't want to know what happened last night or why she was with Jason. His legs suddenly jerked making them slip between Jane's legs. The warmness of his legs made her want to stay yet it wasn't right. This was a nightmare to her rather than a good dream. The only way to wake him up and let her go was to do something. Jane bit her lips hesitating; she took a deep breath and tapped his chest, 

"Jason." 

She whispered, "Jason, wake up." She continued calling his name until he wakes up. His eyelids were twitching to open. Now she was ready to see the expression on his face too and see if he knows anything. 

"What...?" He said tiredly in a raspy morning tone then opening his eyes. He looks downwards seeing Jane in his arms, "Jane?" He questioned, "Jane?!" He said a little louder. He was a bit shocked himself. 

 

"This is kind of an awkward situation so early in morning so can you um, let me go now?" She asked him nicely. And by far it took more courage than she thought to speak out her sentence so casually to him. But it seems like he doesn't want to cooperate with her and only glares at her.

"And what if I say no?" He his attitude suddenly changed back to himself again.

Jane's eyes widen again, "Jason, I'm serious. Let me go."

"And when did Jane get so brave to talk back to me?"

She had no words to say trying to making her escape but he just held on tighter, "I'll kiss you if you move a little more."

Not even remembering about last night, the both of them, they thought that they only knocked out drunk, "By the way," He said, "I don't think you've had your first kiss yet right?" He gave her a smirk. Knowing what his goal was, Jane froze where she was. 

 

He wouldn't dare would he? She thought.

 

 

"Stop playing around Jason." She demanded. 

Jason didn't listen as he turns to his side facing her way and using his free arm to wrap around her too - pulling her closer against his body.

"Should I take bullying you to the next level?" He asked her. 

She was about to shout for help squirming in his position but it was too late. Jason gave her a peck then into a kiss. He looked at her, "How was that?"

She bit her lip and wanted to slap him but was too embarrassed to say or do anything. Thinking that it was her first kiss from him, she shoved her face into his chest not wanting to look at him. Her ears were burning red. She felt like a weakling being punished by the higher class.

"I asked you a question." Jason said lowly. Jane couldn't answer him. Stuck with his arms around her, she wanted to escape badly. Just then, Nate knocks on the door and saves her day. 

"You two love birds awake?" He asked cheerfully.

 

Lovebirds? Jane was confused. Was this all planned by them? She couldn't get herself to know what happened from the drunkenness of last night. 

The door opens and Nate came into the room. He stood by the bed, "You two were really into each other last night." He teased. 

Jason was also muddle up in thoughts with what he meant. Jane thought this was a good time to escape and pushed herself away from him. Nate stopped her from getting out the bed and made her sit there next to Jason who also sat up, "Woah, stop there Jane, I think you might want to see something."

 

 

He chuckles taking out his phone from his back pocket. It seems like he was scrolling down through things trying to find something. It was the video from last night. He plays the video showing it to the two. Jane couldn't believe her eyes. Was that really her in the video? Jason gave a weird look at the video and once they saw the smile they gave each other at the end, Jason bit his lip and stares off into the corner of the room.

 "So." Nate said, "I'll leave you two alone." He quickly backs away from then running out the room before Jason could say anything. 

The room was quite. Jane was staring off into space and Jason looking downwards. It was a strange atmosphere to be in. Especially with someone who has bullied Jane for years. Jason raised his head up to the ceiling taking a deep sigh. Jane sat there holding her arm. 

"So, how was it?" Jason asked her straight up with no half feelings.

 

"How was what?"

He bit his lip. "You know what I mean."

"No, I don't." She completely knew what he meant. She just didn't know how to answer him. She wanted to leave the room but afraid that Jason might get her first. He was always stronger than her.

"Should I remind you then? And tell me?" He asked her seductively. Her mind went blank hearing his question and the tone of his voice. 

Coming back to her senses she hisses, "N-No. I don't think you should."

He lowered his eyes. "Then tell me. How was that kiss, your first kiss from me?" He touches his lips softly whispering, "You're lips...on mine." This spectacular smile appears on his face just thinking about it.

Jane felt disgusted that he would smile at such a thing between them then stood up from the bed and ran for the door. Jason got up within a second and blocks her against the door. 

"So, you're not going to tell me?" 

Jane looks away from Jason and her eyes wandering around the room. Despite hearing his words, she was hesitant to say anything. Just a few inches close to each other. She puts her hands against his bare chest to push him away. 

"Can't you just let me go? I need to get home." She says demanding him in a pleasing tone. She was desperate enough to the point of jumping out the window if she had too if Jason didn't let her leave. 

 

"Jane," He whispered sweetly. "I live right across the street from your house. We can just go home together." 

As for being childhood neighbors, they always lived across from each other and the road was the only way to protect her from Jason and his group of friends.

"I don't care Jason. I can go on my own." Her voice was about to rage.

"Whoa, we got a feisty one here." He teased and finally backing up a little. Giving her some space, she sighed heavily. 

"Thank you." She huffed and marches her way out of the room and house. Making her way downstairs, the house was still messy with beer cans and bottles along with food and streamers everywhere. It was a huge mess from last night. 

Nate was in the kitchen, "Finally leaving?" He shouts out to her. She ignores Nate and walks out the house. Checking her shorts, her car keys were nowhere to be found.

 She sighs, "Oh , great, just great." She mumbles. 

Jason peeks out from the window upstairs, "Told you, we can go home together."

 

She gave him a glare as she gets into the house once more and starts searching the house for her keys. Jane went straight to the couches and starts off with taking out the cushions and looking at every single place. She was about to go crazy if she couldn't find her keys. Jason came out the room and leaned against the staircase, "Need a ride home Jane?" He teased jokingly.

"I don't need your help." She hissed at him.

"Since when did you start to become so talkative and rude. You were always quiet and sad. But to think that you're a rude ."

Jane stood up straight, her hands on her hips, "Well I'm sorry for being a rude Jason."

Nate was still in the kitchen cleaning the area, "Calm down you two." But it was more like he was talking to himself.

"Oh so now you start to stand up for yourself Jane, after all these years."

"Was that what you were waiting for? Me wanting to stand up for myself? And why you kept bothering me and bullying me. Why I have no friends?" She questioned him giving him a dirty look. Jason couldn't say anything back to her. What was the reason for bullying her he thought? Was there ever a reason or did she just look weak to him.

 

"Well, need a ride home or not?" He asked her once more just to change the subject. 

She was tired of all this bull happening to her. What if her parents see the video of her, what if people start to call her names? She didn't care anymore. She walks out the house like nothing and made her way out into the streets walking her home. 

Nate chuckles, "Did you two get into a fight already?" He asked in a babyish way. 

Jason shrugged his shoulders, "Shut the hell up man." He ran out the door starting his car. He drove around finally seeing Jane walking by herself. Jason stops his car and rolls down his windows, "Get in."

 

"I don't see why i should get into the car with the least likable person in my life." She asks him folding her arms.

"Oh what, can I not be nice for once? Jeez woman, just get in the car, we live in the same neighborhood."

She couldn't decide, walking all the way back home or getting a drive from someone she literally hates. Time was ticking and Jason was to start the car again. 

"Fine, but just this once." She said getting into the back seat instead of front.

The car was silent and there was no conversation or even any communication towards each other as if it were taking a taxi home. It was way to quiet so Jason switches on the stereo. Surprisingly it was jazz, a type of genre Jane wouldn't ever think Jason would listen to. 

Entering the neighborhood, Jane forgot that they were expecting a new neighbor moving next to them. Her family was nice as usual always welcoming people and treating them. 

Jason watched them unpack their things, "New neighbors?"

She mumbles. "Hopefully better people than you."

 He stops the car, "Heard that."

  She rushes out and walks to her yard. Her parents saw her but they didn't say anything rude but smiled. Jason then reversed, pulling up into his drive way. 

A young man approaches Jane, practically the neighbor's son. 

"Hey there?" He said in a somewhat gentle way. He was tall and fit with brown hair and shades of blond. A good style of clothing, when he smiled at her he had the cutest dimple she had ever seen. It felt as if he was so young yet mature looking with a baby face. He waves at Jane while she awkwardly waves back not knowing how to respond. 

"Um Hi?"

 

 

The male chuckles at her, "You're a weird one. The name's Cody Shiels. And yours?"

"Uh...Jane, my name's Jane Lancer." She said stuttering a little. 

For once a guy she met who was nicer then Jason. Meanwhile, Jason secretly watched the two talk to each other before heading inside his house. Cody grabs her hand and gently shook it.

"So, looks like we're going to be next door neighbors. Yay..." He says with a bright smile. It made her laugh as she looks away from him. "Beautiful smile, it looks as if you don't smile much." He leans towards her, "Any friends?" He asks.

 

**To be Continued***