Confession

The Chances of Falling in Love
 

 Jane quickly got out of the car closing the door and was a bit hesitant about getting inside. Not knowing or trusting Jason after all the things he's done to her. She just stood there at the door way and Jason pushes her in. "Don't be afraid. Just get in. "He said.

"You sound like a ert so don't say it that way." Jane said glancing around his house. There wasn't much light in the house and it was empty. The walls were a simple decoration of light yellow and simple housing supplies and a bit of dust in the air. The kitchen was clean, probably cleaner than Jane's own kitchen. The couches color of a velvet cake with white cream pillows. On the walls hung art portraits Jason's mother would bring from her trips. 

"You live a simple life don't you?" Jane said.

Jason closed the door behind him walking further inside, "What can I say? It's just me and my mom so yeah." He looks around his house, "This is my house. What, you thought this house would look rich and beautiful?" He smiles.

"Actually, yeah. That's what I was expecting." She nods her head looking around and eventually took her own tour around the house. Jason follows her around the house.

"Seen enough? It's a simple house." He said quietly.

Jane smiled, "I think so. And your room must be like any kind of guy's room. Messy with sports poster and yeah so on." She joking said.

"Actually no, it's more with flowers and unicorns and rainbows."

"You're kidding right?" She laughs and looks at him. He flicks her on the head.

"No, it's something you don't expect." He chuckles leading her to his room. Opening the door, he had nothing but a desk, bed, and shelves filled with books and school awards. Jane smiles looking at the photos hung up on the shelves.

"You were really mean back then." She said looking at a photo from elementary. Jason sat on the bed and Jane turns around, "So, where's your mom?" She asks.

Jason scratches his head, "Uh...on a business trip. Been living on my own for a while." He chuckles, "So yeah, it's been about three weeks now."

Jane just looked at him, "Three weeks and it already sounds like you've been living alone for years." She joked with him and he smiles.

Jason watched her stand there and sighed, "So you still don't want to tell me what happened last night?" She shook her head.

"It's a little complicated. With mixed up feelings." She finally said giving him a small clue.

Jason grins, "So I was involved in this mix of feelings?" A small laughter escaped his lips.

"It's not funny Jason. I'm serious here."

"I'm serious here too." His words reminded Jane of last night making her blush.

"You're blushing, that must mean something with me." He chuckles standing up, "Now tell me. You know you can't hide it from me. Jane."

Saying her name coming from his voice gave her chills as she looks away once more. By the moment she knew it, Jason was standing so close to her. 

"If you can't say it, why don't you show me?" He whispered seductively into her ear. 

She backs away slowly and he follows coming towards her. She hit the wall and Jason looks into her eyes, "Can't run away from me Jane. So, either tell me or show me." 

She felt very unsure about what his next move was. So she gave in.

"You know, if you l-like me, just say it." Jane looks at him as he calms down.

He seemed quite surprised with his cheeks gradually becoming pinker and pinker, that she knows which got him even more curious about how she knows or if she was just playing around.

"Same with you too." He played along with her and made her blush even more. She couldn't decide if she did likes him or just hate him. 

He continues."If you like me just say it Jane. Then I'll admit that I like you."

She grins at him lightly, "But I already know that you're serious about me."

"What makes you say that?" Jason said leaning closer.

"A drunken talker told me and showed me." She smiled from ear to ear with a deep blush on her face as she lowers her eyes not able to look at him. Jason gentle held her chin and made her look up to him.

"And who is this drunken talker?" He smirks as she looks away not able to say anything further.

Jane pushes him away. "Someone okay." She couldn't stop smiling and walks a distance away from him.

"Someone's being secretive again. I finally open up to you and showing my nice side and I don't get anything in return?" He says shrugging his shoulders and facing her way.

"Well what do you want?" Jane asks. Maybe she shouldn't have asked him. Jason gave her a cricked smile. 

"Say, haven't I've been the one who gives you the kisses?"

Her cheeks were getting pink but she had to admit. "Um, yeah..."

"Kiss me then. That's what I want in return. A kiss from you." He comes a little closer.

Jane gave him a weird look, "I don't think so."

"Well I do." Jason stated and leans close to her enough to make her lay on the bed.

"Really Jason? Please don't make me." She says in a whisper.

Jason chuckles lowly, "A little kiss wouldn't hurt right? Just a small peck is enough." He wraps his arm around her waist and turns her over having her on top of him. Holding her down, he wouldn't let go. 

"Jason!" She shouts, "Let me go."

"I don't think so."

Jane struggled to get out of his arms but he just held tighter and tighter. "The key's to give me a kiss Jane, I told you, a small peck would be just fine."

Jane couldn't hold back anymore and decided to just leave him be. It was better than giving him a kiss. Jason too didn't give up on holding her and continued to trap her in his arms till she gave in. 

They talked here and there but Jane had fallen into a nap using his chest as a pillow. While watching her sleep, Jason also fell asleep. Together they slept through half of the night. It was about six in the morning and Jane woke up, still in his arms she thought it would be a good chance to escape and leave but once she moved, Jason squeezed her as if it were a reflex. Jane struggled to get up and she opens her eyes seeing Jason. She could see the cheeky smile on his lips and narrows her eyes.

Jane smiles mumbling to Jason, "You really don't know how to let go don't you?"

Jason held her tighter, "Nope, not until I get want I want." He teased.

Jane squirmed up a little more to him and looks at him. "You'll let go of me if I give just one kiss right?" She said.

"Yes, I've been waiting long enough."

He had his eyes open and Jane leans in closer. "Close your eyes." She said as he grins.

"Why do you I need to close them?"

"Because it's weird looking at you." She answered him.

He slowly closes his eyes, "Fine..."

She comes a little closer and kisses him on the lips. A small peck but Jason grips onto her, "Gotcha." 

He pulled her closer against his body pressing their lips together again. Jane went along with the kiss eventually feeling Jason's tongue slip in. The texture of their tongues touching made her feel weak everywhere and she could hear the soft chuckles of Jason's. The feeling of him caressing her back filled her with joy.

Gradually, Jason lets her go.

"I thought you said a peck only." She said to him. 

Jason gave her a cheesy smile, "That's my kind of peck."

"You're an idiot." She said lying on her back.

Jason rolled over getting on top of her. With a smile, he stares into her eyes. 

"Can I ask you something?" He says with a slight unsure look. Jane answers with a 'yes' watching him closely.

"Do you...mind giving me a chance? You know like,"

Jane cuts him off with a smile, "Boyfriend?" She said. 

He chuckles, "Someone caught on."

Jane studies him for a bit, "But, can I trust you? After all the bullying and making fun of me?"

"Of course you can. I guess it's about time to show you how I really am. You know, I'm not all just about messing with people." Jason says even though Jane knows how many girls he has brought into his house throughout their years living across the street from each other.

"I don't know, you're the one who seems like the playboy though Jason."

He laughs, "Is it weird that I'm stealing your first everything?"

"Um, yeah." She gave off a small giggle, "More like you've been saving me for yourself all these years." Her own words made her blush deeply and she looks away from Jason embarrassed of herself. 

He only smiled - leaning towards her ear and whispers, "What if I really was?" He then gently bites the cartilage of her ear making her have shivers and half her face filled with redness of blushing as she faces him but no words came out of his mouth. 

He continues with his words lowly, "First kiss," He kisses her, "first confession, first guy to sleep with, what else is there to steal from you I wonder?" 

She gulps, trying to say something but it just wouldn't coming out, she was lost in words by Jason's actions.

Biting her bottom lips, Jason bit his, "You have a thing biting your lips." He snickers, "Wanna tell me why?"

She was far too nervous to say a word to him. Everything he said was too sudden to give her a chance to speak and she held in her breath. She couldn't get use to the fact how close Jason was up against her and the soft kisses he gives her.

Finally, Jane had to say something before Jason was going to do something, "I-I think I should head home. My parents are probably worried about me."

He held her down tighter, "You live right across the street, stay a little longer. Please?" He says sweetly to her. 

She couldn't resist such an expression from him. 

He hugs her and whispers into her ear, "Come on, just a little longer Jane. It's been so long that I've actually been serious with someone."

"I-I need some time to think about it. This is too sudden for me."

"Fine, I'll wait but it won't stop me."

_______________

 

 

Jane sat in her room thinking, thinking strongly about what she should do about Jason. Should she just blindly ignore him, politely say no? But what if he keeps bothering her. She didn't know what to do. She bit her nail wondering what would happen if she and Jason really did get together. Would she be happy? So many thoughts came into her mind. She was afraid although she had a feeling that she would have to say yes. 

As she thought for a very long time in her room, she suddenly heard her dad's laughter coming from downstairs. Jane couldn't think of all the obvious of why her dad was laughing. 

She crept downstairs to see and there he was sitting on the couch holding a cup coffee. She could see the legs of someone else, a guy. Could it be Jason? She thought. 

The more steps she takes, her body tightens up. 

It was Cody sitting there and she couldn't forget what happened at the party two days ago. 

He smiles gently at her, "Hey Jane, I came to check if you were home. You weren't picking up my calls."

"Your calls?" She thought about and realized that her phone was out of battery. She explains to Cody.

     Jane felt bitter and wanted to tell Cody about the party.

 "Cody is agreat man." Her dad said, "Why don't you two go out to places alittle more?" Her father suggests gratefully.  

"I'm a bit busy."

Her mom joins into the conversation, "Busy with what? You're never too busy."

Jane clears , "Oh you know, getting into college and stuff. I can't just stay home and do nothing."

Cody stood up, "I can help you get into a University."

"There you go Jane." Her father laughs then takes a sip of his coffee.

She couldn't say 'no' to Cody's help. She really needs to get into a University if not, she's got no where else to go.  

She took a breath and smiles, "Sure, I'd love your help, Cody."

"Great, we can start tonight."

"Then you might as well stay for dinner." Her mom suggests. 

Jane claps her hands together, "Why don't we invite Jason too then?" She smiles, "He's been home alone and probably hasn't had a proper dinner."

Her father coughs lightly, "That sounds like a good plan. Why don't you go pick him up?"

"I'll come too." Cody spitted out. 

Jane shook her head, "No it's fine, he's just across the street."

"I'll just tag along."

She couldn't do much about it and it seems like he wasn't going to stay in the house. She nods her head and they both take off to Jason's house. 

 

Jane rings the doorbell and they can hear him nudging on the locks. 

Jason had a bright smile on his face, "Your ans-" He stops as soon as he Cody next to her. "Cody." He lowly said. 

To lift away the awkwardness, Jane quickly announces if he wants to come over for dinner. Jason just smiles and closes the door behind him. 

"I guess I'll join if Cody's joining." Jason glares at Cody as Cody grins back at him.  

 

 

As the three enter the house, Jason waved 'hello' to her dad and walks into the kitchen hugging Jane's mom, "How are you, Kerri?" Jason asks. 

Jason was already accepted by her parents to the point he could call them by their first names. 

Kerri smiles, "Great. How's your Mom's business trip going?"

"Oh you know the usual. Busy as always and never having time for me either." Jason said leaning against the counter.

Jason was then called into the living room by her dad.

"Yes, Micheal?" He asks with a worried look. 

Micheal gave him a serious look and smiles brightly, "You go and ask Kerri how she is and just wave 'hello' to me? Well, at least you treat a woman first."

He made Jason laugh and he walks over to him giving Micheal a handshake, "Of course I do. And you know I treat every lady I have right." He smiles trying not to look at Jane knowing how strict John was at times and having doubts. 

Cody sat there listening to them talk while stealing glances at Jane who was in the kitchen helping Kerri with dinner. While the guys talked, Jane would look out into the living room at both Jason and Cody.

Dinner was finally ready and Jane calls in the guys to come and eat. They all came in walking to the dinner table and sat down. It was already awkward enough but Jane turned out sitting between Jason and Cody. Both of them just suddenly came rushing to sit next to her. She tried not to show much attention to it and grabbed her plate of food with an exhausting sigh coming from her lips.

Everyone ate normally, talking about random things from back then to now. Jason was very talkative towards Micheal and Kerri and he didn't really talk so much about himself. It was kind of interesting knowing things about Jason that Jane never knew about. Then Cody interrupts them and begins to talk about the similarities between him and Jason. Although there were some similarities between them, their personalities were way too different from each other. Jason was more dominate towards people and have it his ways – giving that person a small chance. As for Cody, he would just do what he had to or let that person do whatever they wanted too. A bit too nice of him to force the person to do things they want but a whole different person when his moods change.

It was getting late and the dinner table had a lot of stories telling and a little more of conversations going on. It was about ten o'clock and Cody was the first to withdraw from the table saying he had to leave somewhere tomorrow.

"I'll clean up tonight mom." Jane says taking the plates to the sink. 

Her mom and dad were grateful of her about cleaning the kitchen for tonight. Jason stayed just to keep her company and he had no one at home to be with too so he thought that he might as well stay with her. Kerri and John headed upstairs to get some rest and Jane continued to get the dishes into the sink and packing the leftovers into containers. 

Jason too helped along putting the containers into the fridge and wiped down the tables for her so she doesn't have so much to do on her own. 

While Jane was busy focusing on washing the dishes, Jason sat there in the chair watching her. Finally he stood up and walks up to her – wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulders, "Do you have an answer yet? For me?" He asked as she shook her head, "Is it because of Cody?" He asks once more. Jane nods her head and Jason couldn't understand why. His thought's were filled with doubts that probably it was because of the way he treated her.

 Slowly, he began swaying her in his arms while she washes the dishes. A smile appears on her lips, "Isn't time you go home now?"

"Come with me." He whispered seriously into her ear. She giggles.

"You know, you won't get answer from me if you're going to be so obsessive." She says turning her head to look at him.

"I know. I didn't think you'd be hard-to-get. I hope your answer will be 'yes'. The sooner the better I'll treat like you're my everything twice as much as now." He said lowly so no one could hear them talk. A nice feeling, a soft feeling coming from Jason, a part of him that Jane never knew he had a side of.

 

"You're very hard to understand Jason." She said while rinsing the last plate of dishes. 

 Jason chuckles, "Who said I was easy to understand?" He turns her around pulling her closer to him.

"I just want to hold you a little longer." He whispers making her blush with a coy smile. 

 She couldn't say anything to him, there was nothing more to say as she looks up at him. Looking down to her, he smiles giving her a small kiss on the lips. Jane wasn't surprised that it wasn't forceful this time and just naturally knew what his attention was. 

She whispers back to him, "Are your words true?"

"Of course. Those many girls that have dated me, they didn't take those chances. Hopefully you will though."

She couldn't help but giggle, "I can't believe this is happening. We hated each other so much. I don't know how we ended up like this."

"Every unknown kiss starts a story." Jason jokingly quoted.

"I'm hoping for a good relationship then. Can you promise that?"

"I sure can and same with you."

They both smiled and for once Jason thought this relationship, he would take it seriously and expects it lasts long. Even though it looks like Jason were the ones to break a girl's heart, most girl's he has gone out with left him. There was always a reason or they just didn't like the way he treated them.

He left and Jane was finally done cleaning the place and decides to sleep. 

 

 

Before she went to bed, she gets a text from Cody.

Cody: Are you free tomorrow?

Jane replies with a 'no' although she was but she was confused with Cody's personality. Is he the same person he was when they first met or just a player trying to mess with her feelings? She didn't want to think much and turns off the lights getting ready to sleep. It use to feel like nobody cared about her. Nobody liked her or dared to go out with her. After all these years, this is what brought her just to be with Jason. She thought it was kind of silly but what can she do, anything can happen in life.

 

**To be Continued**