Two Kisses

The Chances of Falling in Love

Friends? Jane wanted to laugh out loud. 

 

She blushed, "Uh...No. With my attitude I doubt it. With the way someone treats me, no one likes me since he's too much of the rude one really." She kept talking but it was more about Jason and kept his name a secret from Cody. Cody listened to her talk and thought she was quite different from any other girl he's met before. 

"This guy, does he have a name?" Cody asks her interested in who this guy who has bullied her for years. 

Jane paused, "Um, let's just call J."

 

"J? So this person's name must start with a J I suppose." He smiles, "Well who ever this guy is, I'd like to meet him and tell how different you are from what he sees."

His words made her heart flutter but she wasn't sure about what it was. Cody then pats her on the head, "Got a phone?" He asks taking his out. 

She nodded, "Yeah, but I don't really use it."

"Well, you should start using it a little more. What's your number?" He gave her with a soft smile. 

A slight pinkness showed on her cheeks. She gives him her number and he waves goodbye to her and goes back to he help unpack with his family. 

That following night, Cody was lying on his bed going through his news feed then coming across a video. The female in the video looked exactly like the clothes Jane was wearing earlier that day. He quickly clicks on it and waits for the spiral to load. 

The video that went viral of "The popular badass Jason kissing the loner and idiotic looking girl Jane" was playing. Cody thought that it was a gag but couldn't take his eyes off of the video. He watched till the end and looks out to his window where it faced Jane's room. As the night went on, Jane could finally get a good night's sleep but visions of Jason just kept popping into her head over and over again. His smile, his voice, and the vision of the video. She shook her head and forced herself to sleep. 

The next morning, Jane woke up from a text from Cody: 'You have a boyfriend?'

 

She was confused with what he meant. Of course she doesn't have a boyfriend. Who would want her she thought. She replied back with a 'No' and why he asked. She got another text from him saying that he wanted to meet up with her. So on, Jane got dressed and waited patiently outside the driveway. Right at the same time, Jason came out with his car keys and sees Jane waiting. He smirks and walks up to her, "What you waiting for out here?" He questions. 

Jane looks at him as he comes a little closer. "Stop right there." She said, "Before I call out my parents."

"Jane," He sighs, "Your parents are too nice. They've only seen the nice side of me sine we were kids."

While the two were talking, Cody came out of his house seeing them both. He quickly recognized Jason from the video as it rewinds in his head again of the two kissing. He tried to act natural and Jane could see Cody walk away. 

Jane peers up to Jason, "Look, just go do what you have to do." She said. He backed off and went back to his car not wanting to cause any worthless argument with her like yesterday. He drove off in his car and she ran towards Cody, "Sorry about that." she said. 

He gave her a puzzled look, "Boyfriend?"

 

"No. A jerk." She replies back seriously.

Cody chuckles, "Well, that's quite a way to describe someone." They both walked to the car and got in.

"Where are we going?" Jane asked, and Cody starts his car going out the neighborhood, 

"Somewhere." He said with a soft smile. As they drove, Cody thought it would be a good idea to ask her about the video.

"Hey Jane, so um, that 'Jerk' is he really not your boyfriend?"

"No. Not at all, why do you ask?"

"Because of something." He shrugged his shoulders while driving.

Jane raised a brow, "Tell me, I mean, he's just a neighbor from across the street." She glances at him then back on the road.

 

He smiled. "Neighbors huh, more like a drunken lover?" 

Her mind opened up.

"You didn't see it did you?"

He nods his head, "Yeah, I saw it. The video posted of you and him kissing." He stated plainly.

She bit her bottom lip, "I-It's not what it looks like Cody. I um, I got drunk? You can say." 

She stuttered between her words. Cody looked disappointed in her but at the same time couldn't understand her. She was confusing to read for him. 

"So is he the guy you've been talking about?" He questions curiously. She nods her head in silent. It became an awkward atmosphere and Jane couldn't do anything about it. Cody couldn't think much about how she's lived, he thought he would give her a chance. 

"Do you like him?" Cody suddenly said.

"Me? No!" She stated. "There's no way I could like him. I mean, with the way he treats me and I can't even call him a friend or anything."

They stopped at a red light and Cody turns her way, "What about me then? Do you like me?"

She gulps. "I-I can't answer that yet."

"Why not?"

Her palms started to become sweaty. "Look, I have no experience but still. I just want to be friends. Since I've never had any before." She said silently.

 

"Is that so?" He asks taking his eyes back on to the road. "I guess we can start out as friends then."

Jane was confused for a moment.

"What you mean by 'start out' as friends. It's like you're planning to ask me out." She said as if she was just being used.

 

Cody laughs, "I'm kidding. I'm kidding, don't worry. I'm not that kind of guy. Just curious to know how you'd react and who that boy was. Think of me as a best friend who'd be there for you okay." He winks at her as she sighed.

"Wow thanks for the sudden awkwardness." She murmurs at him. Cody drives into a public park and parks in the parking lot. The two get out and Jane looks around, "The Park?"

"Yeah, the park. It's where I usually come when I'm feeling frustrated with things." He locks his car and walks over to Jane. 

She smiles, "You, feeling frustrated?" Jane giggles slightly, "You don't look like it."

"No I don't but I feel like it." He shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "Come on." He put his arms around her shoulders making her walk side by side with him. Cody brought her into a part of the park that leads them to a small pond where there were barely anyone there. "This is where I hid most of my time as a kid. Crying." He said eyeing the pond and letting her go. "I let out all my stress here since it's so peaceful and quiet." Cody then walks towards the pond and stood there as Jane follows behind.

 

"Pretty interesting. You don't seem like the kind of guy though."

"Hey, everyone's got their own secrets."

He was right, even Jane had her own secrets but had no one to tell it too. Jane drops to the ground to sit down and Cody does the same. 

"The only place I can think and talk to myself about most things I have a hard time with." He said as it got Jane curious.

"So, what are you frustrated about?"

"A girl."

Jane was clueless about what he was thinking, she was interested in this 'girl' Cody was feeling frustrated with.

"Really? Who is this girl?" She questions him and he smiles.

"If I tell you, I think you might tell her I bet."

"I swear, I won't tell her. I probably don't even know her."

He laughs, "Oh you know her pretty well." He sarcastically said. "Anyways, I wanna know more about what happened to you though, after the video ended."

"The video?" She stretches her legs out, "Um, I knocked out I guess, on the couch."

 

He gave her an unsure look. "I'm serious Cody." She said, "I really knocked out on the couch then I lost my keys so Jason offered me a ride." She was panicking and didn't even realize it once Cody cut her off.

"So Jason's his name?" He gave her a cheeky smile.

Jane sighed, "Fine, you got me. His name's Jason. What more do you want to know?"

"Just wanted to know his name that's all. Why, was there more to this story of you two?" He leans in closer to her, "Hm?"

She looks him in the eyes worriedly, "Nothing, never mind. And don't look at me like that." She turns away.

"Anyways, how did it feel like then? Him kissing you?"

Jane was becoming irritated as it reminded her of Jason saying it to her. "It felt disgusting. I mean, I can't remember, even if I did I'm sure I didn't like it." She said.

"Says the one who gave him that smile at the end of the video."

"Really Cody? We only met yesterday and I feel like hitting you." She shouted but he only laughed.

"How adorable. You're cute when you're mad." He teased making her blush.

 

"I have no idea what you are talking about." She calmly said crossing her arms.

"You'll understand when the time is right." He gave her a small smile as she looks away from him.

"I wonder if I should ask Jason myself though." Cody thought out loud as Jane shouted back.

"Absolutely not! You cannot talk to him." She gave him the puppy eyes, "Please don't talk to him."

His eyes opened up a bit looking at her. Cody clears his throat looking away, "O-okay, I won't." In reality, Cody couldn't help himself to know what the real truth was. So, he thought he could give Jason a small talk whenever he can.

Jane went on her back and breaths out. Staring up at the sky lost in thought. Cody smiles at her and lies next to her on his side, "What are you thinking about?"

Jane had shivers crawling down her back, "Uh, no one. I mean something."

"So you're thinking of someone." He jokingly teased.

"No, no, no, there's really no one for me to think about." She said.

"Is it me?" Cody asks with a delighted expression. 

Jane laughs, "In your dreams Cody."

 

What can I say, dreams sometimes come true."

Jane laughs once more at his stupid jokes. He's probably the only person who's ever made her laugh and smile this much. She felt relieved to finally find someone like Cody.

__________

Cody drops her off at her house while he had to go and do some grocery shopping for his family. She waves goodbye to him as he drove off and Jason suddenly came out of her house.

"Oh, you're finally home." He coldly said taking out his phone, "It's seven and the sun's setting. Where have you been?"

Jane narrowed her eyes at him, "Why are you coming out of my house and why are you even asking me such questions?" She questions him back which made him give her a smirk.

He answers her questions, "I left this morning to go pick something up while you went on a date and just came to drop something off. Now answer my questions." He walks towards her as she steps away.

She didn't say a thing at all and walks pass him.

 

"Really rude of you Jane, you should be thankful." He walks across the street to his house and Jane enters her house. Her parents welcomed her home and her dad calls her into the kitchen. 

"Jane. Come here for a second."

Jane immediately walks to the kitchen and smiles, "Yes Dad?" He waved her car keys in his hand, "Jason dropped this off. It seems like he found it at his friend's Nate's house this morning from the party." Her mom came in to interrupt them.

"He's such a good guy Jane. I don't see why you hate him."

Jane was irritated, "Him? Bringing my car keys back to me? I can't believe it." She said taking them away from her dad. Jane enters her bedroom and locks herself in. She sat there on her bed and gently swung her car keys. There was no way Jason would do such a thing for her. She thought and shoved her face into the pillows. That night around nine, Cody came back from the store and sees that the lights in Jason's house were still on. After putting away the groceries, Cody walks across the street to Jason's house. Ringing the doorbell, Jason was the one who opened the door.

"Hey there." Cody said nicely but Jason gave him a stare.

"Can I help you?" 

 

"May I come in?" Cody asks politely. Instead Jason walks out then closes the door behind him. He was shirtless but didn't really care at the moment as it was night already.

"So, what do you want?" Jason asks plainly.

"Do you know something about Jane?"

He smirks, "Oh yeah, I know a lot about her. To the point where we've even shared a bed with each other." He made it sound wrong and it gave Cody the wrong idea.

"Excuse me?" He asks feeling disgusted by his attitude.

"You heard me, if you want to know about Jane, all you gotta do is getting into bed with her." He joked around for a bit which got Cody annoyed.

"You're a disgusting guy you know that."

"I don't only know, I am one. Just depends on my mood. So don't change it to when it gets ugly." It sounded like a threat as Jason went back inside. In the end, Cody didn't get much of a real answer but one clue that got him curious if they did share a bed in that kind of way.

 

Morning rose and it turned out to be a completely normal day again. No need to worry about Jason but wait. She has her car keys but her car was still at Nate's house. She groans tiredly first thing in the morning. Another trip with Jason? She didn't feel like asking him but she needed her car. In fact, she doesn't even have his number to ask him. She had to ask him face to face. She gave it one more thought. Maybe Cody could drop her off. She messaged him if he could but he replied back saying he was busy with preparing to get into a university. But at the same time, Cody felt strange meeting up with Jane after what Jason said to him. Then again, Jane had no choice but to ask Jason. 

There she was just standing there on his front porch. Hesitating to ring the doorbell, she turns herself around and Jason opens the door. "Oh, look who's here. Finally ready to say 'thank you'?" He crossed his arms and she turns back his way.

 "No, anyways, I need my car. Mind dropping me off...at Nate's place so I could drive it back here?" She pleaded.

 

"Then are you willingly to say thanks after that?"

She pauses and lowers her head, "Y-Yes, I will thank you if you do." She says. 

He chuckles."I guess since I'm heading over there too."

He pushed her into the car and made her sit in the passenger this time and closes the door on her before she could say anything. Cody came out of his house seeing them drive off and whispers to himself, "Just a neighbor from across huh?"

 

Jane sat there in silent staring out her window. She didn't even want to talk to Jason or anything. Jason too was busy focusing his eyes on the road but what was there to talk about. Until Jason chuckled softly, "I guess your little boyfriend came over yesterday."

Jane sat up a little straighter, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a boyfriend."

"Cody? Was that his name?" He grins.

"He's not my boyfriend. Just a friend."

Jason laughs lowly, "Friend. With the way he talks and acts around you I doubt you two will become friends. He probably likes you."

She huffs, "He does not like me. We're just friends. And I doubt that there will never be a time I'd be nice to you. Now tell me, why are you starting to be so nice to me huh?" She finally asked him.

"Can I not? You act as if I'm a devil who doesn't even do the slightest good deed." He said calmly yet gentle with no attitude at all. "So you tell me, why are you being such a rude girl now? You were always quite, always lonely. What gave you the courage to talk back to me in such a rude tone?" He was actually serious when he asked her those questions. He wants to know her thoughts of him despite all the things he has done to her.

 

Jane coughed up a laugh, "You don't know me that's why. In fact, you always had the chance to know me, you just chose not to." 

Jason chuckles and looks at her

"Smart girl, but right back at ya. You don't know much about me as well."

"Whatever." Jane hissed under her breath and slouching in her seat. Although he was right. She knew completely nothing about him. His birthday, family, what he does when his mom is away. In fact she sometimes would have these thoughts as a teenager always seeing his mother leave the place leaving him alone.

They got to Nate's house and Jane quickly got out the car heading straight to her old rusty car. 

"Leaving already?" Jason said then Nate came outside. 

"Oh, you two came together today?" He said with a stupid look on. 

Jason playful punched him on the chest, "It's not like that man. She just came to get her car." 

Jane was listening to their conversation but pretends not to make them notice. She found it weird that Jason was being a little too nice to her. Every time he would see her he would make fun of her or do something mean to her but now ever since the party it seems as if he was becoming more opened up to her. A smile appeared on her lips unknowingly and once she realized, she shook her head trying to erase an image from her head.

Nate shouted out too Jane before she was about to get inside her car, "Hey Jane, want to hang out with us for a bit? We're going to a barbecue at a friend's place. You can invite someone too."

Invite someone? Jane already had someone in mind. Maybe he'll want to come. "Um, Sure. Where's the location?"

"Wow she actually agreed." Jason whispered. Nate just laughed and gave her the location.

"If you need help just call this number." He gave her the piece of paper with the location and secretly gave her Jason's phone number instead of his. Jane folded the paper neatly and shoves it into her pocket. She then sends a message to Cody if he wanted to come, he replied with a 'yes' and will meet at her place around 8 at night.

 

Meanwhile, Jason and Nate were going out to shop for some meat and drinks, Jason was wondering what Nate put on the paper knowing how sly Nate could be at times. "Hey Nate."

"Yeah?"

He paused, "Never mind." He couldn't say it even if he had to force him too.

That night, Cody and Jane decided to take Cody's car since Jane's car looked like it was about to die of old age. Making their way around the neighborhood of the location, it was dark and they couldn't really recognize much of the road. And so, Jane decides to call the number she was given. Dialing the number, Jane waits patiently to who she thinks was going to be Nate.

Jason's phone was ringing and when he checks the screen it said an 'Unknown Number' he still picked it up anyways. "Hello?" The background was loud filled with the music and the chattering of people.

"Nate?" Jane said.

"Uh no, Jason."

"Jason? Whatever, where's the house?"

She too was quite surprised that it was Jason but rather get to the house and talk to Nate about it than deal with it through the phone. Jason gave them the correct directions and there they were ready to go inside the house. As they entered, most girls were making googly eyes at Cody with his cute look. They then were all up on him asking him multiple questions. 

It bothered Jane for bit and so she walked away. Cody could see that she felt uncomfortable seeing him surrounded by girls and he asked them if he could be alone for a while. They listened and left him alone as he went over to sit next to Jane, "Sorry, I didn't mean to attract that much attention." He said apologizing to her multiple times even Jane could understand why girls would go up to him. Jane said that it was alright with her if he wanted to go hang out with the other people but he didn't want to leave her alone. 

Nate came by holding a huge bowl of water filled with frozen shrimps.

"Hey Jane, you came." He looks over at who was next to her, "Who's the boy?" He asks a bit sad that she would bring a girl not a boy.

 

Cody chuckles, "A friend. Just a friend."

Nate gave out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank goodness. I thought for a second there you two were something else." He laughs, "Since you two aren't doing anything. Come outside and help prepare."

Jane had nothing better to do so went along with Nate and Cody follows behind.

Once they got to the backyard, Jason was there grilling the meat with a few other guys. He laughing and having his own fun time while Jane tried not to stare. Nate drops the bowl of shrimps onto the table, "Okay, I need you two to take the shells off these shrimps okay, seems simple." He said and they both nod their heads.

Nate went back to chopping the meat while Jane and Cody were now in charge of the shrimps. After a while, they were done peeling the shrimps, Jane got the bowl of raw shrimps and took it over to where the grill was. Knowing that Jason was there, she tried to act normal. 

 

"Here are the shrimps." She says handing him the bowl. 

Jason grabs the bowl from her slightly touching her hands, "Go warm up your hands." He said, "They're cold from peeling the shrimps right?" He smiles and continues to grill the other meats and sea food cooking. Jane felt uncomfortable with the way he said it and heads inside to warm her hands up with hot water. Jason's words couldn't get off her mind as she was washing them in the bathroom with the hot water.

Although she doesn't really see Jason in that kind of way, it just gave her chills. Finally done washing her hands, she came out and sees that Cody was then again surrounded by girls. Jane didn't really want to interfere. She scratches her head and awkwardly goes to where Nate was sitting, next to Jason and the other guys. Jane also knew that the girls wouldn't accept her but hopefully the guys would be okay with it.

 

"Mind if I sit here?" She asks. They didn't care or even pay attention to her so she just sat there. She crosses her legs and had her hands on her hand holding them. 

Nate laughs, "You're not with your friend anymore."

"No, he's kinda busy with the girls over there." She eyes Cody and back to Nate. "So Nate, why did you give me the wrong phone number?"

Busted, Nate didn't know how to respond and Jason interrupts them both, "Ignore him. Just let him be, him and his slyness with things. Right buddy." Jason chuckles while Nate sat there nodding his head like a child. 

Just from a far, Cody could see in between the crowds that Jane was with Jason. It made him feel a bit envious and wanted to go over there. But the girls were holding him back and asking for his number and where he came from. He couldn't answer all at once.

Jane laughs brightly, "I didn't realize that Nate has that childish personality."

"Oh he does," Jason said, "But you know, there are some times he just knows why he's being childish."

"Hey, I can be serious at times to ya'know." Nate said to the two. "Like seriously,"

At that same time Cody got up and decides to walk to them and once he was right behind Jane, Nate blurted out, "I was the one who got you two in the same bed."

"What?" Cody said confused and Jane turns around seeing him, "Cody?"

"Uh oh..."Nate said. Jason stood there smiling.

"What did I tell ya huh Cody? I told you we shared the same bed." Jason said in a slight low tone.

 

"He doesn't mean that way right Jane?" Cody was expecting an answer that made sense from her and Jane couldn't get herself to talk.

Jason then wraps his arm around Jane's shoulders, "Isn't that right Jane, even along with a morning kiss."

There he goes again ruining her life. She couldn't do anything to stop him.

"N-No Cody listen. It's not what it sounds and looks like. We were drunk." The right words wouldn't spill and she thought it would just give Cody a bad impression of her.

"Come on Jane, go along." Jason whispered into her ear. It gave her the creeps and she tried to move away from his arm.

"Jason stop!" She shouted and Cody didn't really understand the relationship between the two anymore. But now wasn't the time to have any doubts. Even though it was a little time with Jane, he knew she wouldn't be that kind of girl.

"Kiss me then." Jason said to her.

"What?!" She replied back in anger.

"Want me to let go then kiss me."

"No!" She tried to force her way out.

 Cody watched Jason, "Come on man, just let her go. It's not really fun playing with a girl's feeling. If you're just going to and break her then why even bother from the start." He shouted towards Jason, "If you're going to do that then might as well treat her like a woman and not like a toy."

Jason chuckles, "What do you know? I bet you haven't even asked her how she feels about me. I never even asked her either but, what if she likes me?" He teased letting her go.

She ran up to Cody hiding behind him - tightly holding onto his arm. For now, Cody and Jane went away from Jason and them then headed inside the house.

 

 

 

"You okay?" Cody asks her with a worried look. She nods her head in silence and couldn't get herself to speak to Cody after what he heard from Jason.

"Look Cody," She paused, "D-Don't listen to Jason. He's always been like that since young."

"From his personality, who would believe him? It's alright; I'll try and deal with it too."

Later on that night, the food was ready and everyone went outside to eat. While Cody was using the restroom, Jane didn't bother going outside to eat but sat inside the house. 

Jason came inside looking for the wine opener and sees Jane sitting, "Hey, aren't you going to go eat?" He said while searching through the cupboards and drawers. She didn't say a word. He sighed finally finding the wine opener and head back outside. In just a minute, he came back inside with a plate of food for her, "Here, eat something." He placed the plate of food onto the table in front of her. She only stared at it. "What, you're not going to eat it?"

She shook her head and gave him a devilish stare still being pissed off by him.

"Should I feed you then?" He said teasingly, he pats her on the head, "I'm playing, eat up, don't take things so serious Jane just forget about earlier."

She couldn't forget just like that. But it did bother her how much his attitude could change so easily.

Cody came out of the restroom and stopped at theend of the hall seeing Jason sitting with her. He took a deep breath anddecided to leave the two and not cause any more trouble with Jason and headsback outside to get some food. Everyone was offering Cody drinks and he justtook them and drank it with everyone else. While for Jason, he left Jane alonein the living room surrounded by couples in their on little corner. Very awkward place for her to be in but she didn't mind at the moment. Her feelings were all bounded up and she had to figure them out. 

  Jane stared at the food and picked at it for a few seconds eventually eating it. She practically ate the whole plate of food and gave off a smile. Another unknown smile to herself that she didn't know why she was smiling. As for outside, they were really turning up with the drinking and partying. Cody became so drunk along with Jason, they started to talk smack to each other. Jane went to go check what was going on outside wondering why there was such a big crowd. Trying to squeeze in between people, she sees Jason and Cody standing in front of each other. The other guys laughed and told everyone else to bring this inside before the neighbors call the police. And so, everyone dragged Jason and Cody inside the house and Jane followed along. 

Great, now her ride home is drunk and she doesn't know what to do anymore. Two guys that live so close to her but drunk and she can't get home. Jane was pushed back to sit on the couch by the crowd and people surrounded the house even up to the stairs and stair steps. 

"You think you can win her?" Jason drunkenly said to Cody. 

Cody went up against Jason, "Of course, I'm a better guy than you. Someone who can treat her better." He smirks giving Jason a deadly stare. 

Jason coughed up a laugh, "And what if I say that I like her. I'm serious here." He spins around pointing fingers at everyone, "I... really like her! You think I'm crazy for falling with a girl who I've bullied for years? I'm not," He chuckles. He couldn't see Jane in the crowd but said it anyways. He was drunk and so was Cody.

 

  "I think it's crazy. Why, because I like her too!" He shouted. Everyone gasp and cheered for the two. Whistles and screams roared through the house. Jane just sat there dumbfounded. The crowd was shouting out to Jane to stand up but she didn't. There was no way she was going to go up against the two. Nate finally found Jane and grabs her. 

"Go on Jane!" He shouted pushing her in between Jason and Cody.

 Quickly, Jason stole Jane away, "You're too slow to even get to her lame freak."

 

Cody bit his lip, "And you think you can just do whatever you want with her?"

Jason smiled, "Oh yeah, watch me."

"Jason?" Jane said, "J-" Before she knew it, Jason pressed his lips against hers and Cody's eyes widen seeing the two. Jason went on kissing her and Jane wanted to stop but Jason just wouldn't let go. She could feel his lips smiling as they moved. Cody felt weak just seeing them and wanted to do something about it. Everyone was going crazy against the three of them. Jason finally let's go of her wiping the saliva off his lips. His eyes looking lazy as he bit his bottom lip giving her a seductive stare. Her face was flushed red and she could feel her heart racing. Jason went up to Cody and whispered into his ear, "Think you can do better?" He said and Cody chuckles "Wanna see." Jason backs away as Cody walks closer to Jane.

 

"Cody?" She whispers as Cody leans in a little closer. He had a look on his face that he never showed Jane. He looked like a play boy, she tried to back away but he pulled her into his arms and smears his thumb across her lips biting his at the same time. She knew what his attention was and wasn't ready for it. Jason just stood there watching seeing how much better he could do. Another kiss but from Cody. He kisses her passionately eventually biting her bottom lips gently and made Jane's legs feel weak to the point she wanted to drop to the ground.

Moving away from Jane, he gave her one last peck on the lips. The crowd went crazy for them. Jane was in utter shock by both of them. She couldn't believe what was happening. Cody went up to Jason, "Satisfied with what you saw?"

Jason chuckles, "Not bad for someone like you." Jason whispers back to him. Jane stood there in the middle of the room, touching her lips and feeling uncomfortable with everything happening all at once. A kiss then another. Just what was going to happen next? She wanted to leave right this instance but the time was late and everything in her mind went blank. Jason went up to her and her hair, "You alright there?" He playfully said. Jane backs away slowly from them and Jason gives her a faint smile. Even though he was drunk, he backed away going back to Cody. She felt embarrassed while everyone watched her being kissed by the two. Jane ran away from the scene heading upstairs to a room to be alone. As the night went on, Jason knocked out on the floor but not for long as he was only half drunk and Cody was knocked out in a sitting position with girls around him.

 

It was about four in the morning when Jason woke up again. Getting up from the floor, his back was swore and his throat feeling dry. Half awake, he went upstairs to get into a bed. He just went into a random room and stripped off his shirt like usually and because his body was getting heated. He then crawled into the bed and went back to sleep. 

That following morning, Jason rolled over more into the bed finding someone next to him. He didn't really care who it was and grabbed that person into an embrace. He could smell the perfume of her and it smelt familiar but it didn't bother him much. But as for the person, she was struggling a bit and Jason held her tighter. Jason became annoyed with the squirming and slowly opened up his eyes. "What the hell...?" He mumbles and sees that it was Jane he was holding. Still having a head ache from last night, he couldn't remember a thing. Jane's expression looked irritated even in her sleep as Jason loosens his grip on her. Her face slowly returned a little calmer from Jason loosening his grips. He smiled gently at her caressing her cheek. He lays there till she wakes up eventually falling back asleep with nothing else to do. As for Jane, she scooted a little more next to Jason feeling his body warmth. It was around eleven and Jason wakes up once again. Seeing that Jane hasn't woken up yet, he thought it would be fun to just a little while she sleeps. He gave her a small kiss on the cheek which made her twitch a little and he chuckles softly. 

"Hey, wake up." He pokes her cheek, "Come on Jane, rise and shine. It's me Jason."

 

"Jason...?" She mumbles tiredly with her eyes closed. A smile broke on her face which surprised Jason but she was mumbling something else. "Last night's kiss." She was speaking in her sleep and smiling at the same time. Jason was confused about her words. He couldn't pin point what she was talking about and whispers into her ear, "What about last night?"

She blushes and pulls the blankets over her head. Jason thought that she was playing around. He pulls the covers away, "Tell me Jane. Please?" He whispers to her.

She smiles again, her eyes still closed, "No."

Jason smiles, "I'll kiss you if I have to get the answer."

She turned to her side not wanting to answer him and not wanting to get a kiss from him. After a while, Jane finally woke up. She rubbed her eyes and wakes up seeing Jason next to her, "You're eyes finally open?" He said with a yawn.

"Jason?" She was dumbfounded once again. Her little sweet sleep talking that she couldn't even remember when she was mumbling to Jason. Seeing Jason without a shirt on made her blush and look away even though it wasn't the first time. 

 

"Oh, now you're being yourself." Jason teased smiling at her.

"What are you talking about?" Jane said wondering what he meant.

Jason gave her a teasingly smile and repeated her words, "Last night's kiss." He said sweetly just as she did. "Now tell me what you meant."

"Last night's kiss?" She whispers as everything began to rewind in her head. Her face went bright red remembering both Jason then Cody.

"Um....n-nothing happened." She stutters pulling the blankets over her and biting her nails. Lord who knows what would happen if Jason and Cody both found out about what they did to her.

Back downstairs, Cody woke up with the girls all laying on his shoulders and he was confused with everything and couldn't remember a thing from last night. The only person on his mind was Jane.

"Tell me Jane." Jason demanded pulling the covers away once more.

"Nothing happened. I'm serious." She wouldn't budge so Jason leans closer just a few inches from her face, "You really want to play that game with me?" He whispered with a low husky tone. 

Jane froze and her lips curled in. She couldn't look anywhere else but into Jason's dark blue eyes. He smirks at her leaning even closer. His lips ready for another kiss. For once Jane looks away from him covering her lips. He smiled and went for her neck. Jane couldn't breathe for a second as she felt his lips against her neck. Then feeling the texture of his tongue down her neck, it was as if he put her on a spell. She pushed him away, her eyes wide open.

 

"Now you wanna tell me?" Jason suggested but she didn't want to say anything.

"Let me go. I think Cody's looking for me."

"How about we worry about us first huh?" He says getting on top of her then grabbing her hands and intertwines them with his placing them above her head while pinning her down.

"Stop Jason." Jane mumbled so no one could hear her shout before more things get out of hand before it already did.

"And why should I?"

"Because, I don't like being used like this. Get off of me please. I swear, I'll tell you what happened." She looked serious so Jason believed her but once she had the chance, she ran out the room and ran down stairs. Once she reached the bottom, she sees Cody standing up from the couch, his hair messed up, lipstick stains around his neck and lips and clothes undone in a dirty manner. "Cody?" She was dumbfounded seeing him in this way.

 

"J-Jane? Look I didn't do anything." He was surprised seeing her showing up all of a sudden.

"But why-"

Everything was happening to sudden. Nate came out from a room and chuckles, "Cody, you were really haven fun with the ladies last night while Jason was dead on the floor and Jane sleepin in the room." There he goes again with his loud mouth.

"What? Cody you?" Jane couldn't say a word to him.

Nate went on blabbering, "It seems like Cody's a drunken player when he's drunk." He laughs and sees Jason coming out the room.

"Oh yeah and you too Jason."He continues. Jane ran upstairs before Nate could even say anything and she blocked his mouth, "Please don't mention that  Nate." She pleaded and he nods his head scared of what she might do to him.

Jason smirks looking down at Cody, "Drunken playboy huh, sounds like a good name fit for you." Jason chuckles then looks at Nate, "So, what happened last night Nate. What's Jane keeping away from me?"

 

Jane gave him a stare and Nate looks at Jason, "Nothing, nothing happened, that was basically it. Cody was being a drunken playboy and you knocking out on the floor." He laughed awkwardly and hid behind Jane, "See, nothing happened." Jane said.

Jason looks downwards to where Cody was standing and shouted, "Hey playboy, I think I'll take Jane home." He smiles, "You're not fit for her aren't you."

Jane was confused if Jason really remembered last night and was just playing around since his words were somewhat familiar. Cody clenches his teeth, "Don't call me playboy."

"Why not? An innocent boy who turns in to a playboy when drunk. It seems good for you. Okay playboy." Jason stated and Cody shouted back, "I'll be the one taking her home. Besides, she doesn't even like you."

"Oh and how would you know that?" Jason chuckles and Jane felt like this was just getting worse. But Jane chose to just go home with Jason since she felt a little uncomfortable with the way Cody looked and acted from last night. It was as if she saw him as a different person ever since they kissed from last night.

 

Jane gave him a stare and Nate looks at Jason, "Nothing, nothing happened, that was basically it. Cody was being a drunken playboy and you knocking out on the floor." He laughed awkwardly and hid behind Jane, "See, nothing happened." Jane said.

Jason looks downwards to where Cody was standing and shouted, "Hey playboy, I think I'll take Jane home." He smiles, "You're not fit for her aren't you."

Jane was confused if Jason really remembered last night and was just playing around since his words were somewhat familiar. 

Cody clenches his teeth, "Don't call me playboy."

"Why not? An innocent boy who turns in to a playboy when drunk. It seems good for you. Okay playboy." Jason stated and Cody shouted back, "I'll be the one taking her home. Besides, she doesn't even like you."

"Oh and how would you know that?" Jason chuckles and Jane felt like this was just getting worse. But Jane chose to just go home with Jason since she felt a little uncomfortable with the way Cody looked and acted from last night. It was as if she saw him as a different person ever since they kissed from last night. 

 

"Jane?!" Cody shouted to her. Jane gave him a disappointed expression and looks away as Jason was getting ready to leave.

They went out the house and Cody following, "Bye playboy." Jason said blocking him as Jane got inside the car. To be honest, Jason was quite glad that she picked him and not Cody. But with Jane knowing that he likes her, she wasn't too sure about knowing if it was just drunk talk or the truth. Some say when someone drunk talks it's either the truth or bull. Jane couldn't help trying to hide her smile even though she hates Jason to the point she would scream till her lungs are out of air. On their way home, Jane didn't bring her house keys so she called her Mom to see if they were home. Her parents were out at a friend's wedding that was going to take place till midnight or so. Jane had no key to her house, "But, Mom, how am I going to get inside then?"

"Why don't you stay at Cody's or Jason's house? I'm sure they'll let you stay for the time being." Her mom said. Jane paused and looked at Jason. She stared at him for quite a while.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Jason said.

"Oh was that Jason?" Her mom asked.

"Uh... No. Bye mom." She hangs up and sighs. "Do you mind me staying over till my parents come home? I forgot my house keys." She said to him.

He chuckles, "No, you can stay outside and wait for them." He sarcastically said as she pouted at him. "I kidding, you can I guess." He said. Pulling up his drive way, he gets out and opens the front door.

"Coming or what?"

 

 

**To be Continued**