First and Worse Party

The Chances of Falling in Love
 

Jane Lancer was always as cheerful as any child could be. Lovable, laughable, an angel with the most beautiful smile. Everything was just the way she wanted being just six years old.

She was outside playing with her dolls on a picnic blanket dressing them up and combing their hair. Just when she was having fun, a moving truck comes through the neighborhood and reverses up the driveway across the street. Another car had followed along parking on the curb.

Jane could see a boy about her age rushing out of the car in blue jean shorts and black stripped green shirt holding toy guns and cars. New friends was what she thought.

Her cute two pig tails tied at the side of her head with pink white-polka dotted-bows that match lovely with her dark brown hair along with wearing a strawberry printed pink dress. Her hazel brown eyes shined brightly with the sunlight making them look as if they were a brand new pair of bronze. Maybe she could be good friends with the new kid as they locked eye contact with each other. He stopped and glared back. He was quite adorable Jane thought until he stuck out his tongue towards her. He laughed along and ran back into the house where movers were holding boxes of their things.

"New neighbors?" Jane's father asked. He looked up towards the house across.

Her mother looked up as well and smiled, "Why don't we go ahead and greet them?" She turns towards Jane, "Would you like to go and meet a new friend Jane?"

Jane stared blankly at her mother then looks back at the house shaking her head.

"Don't be so shy honey." Her dad said.

Their houses were right in front of each other, there was no need to personally visit them. Besides, Jane began to have a feeling he didn't want to be friends.

All of a sudden her dad picked her up, "Alrighty honey, time to go meet your new friend." He chuckled as Jane whined. Her mother followed behind them across the street.

The young boy and his mother came out hand in hand. He was smiling and laughing at her but once he saw Jane his expression suddenly changed. He had this mischievous smile on his face.

His mother looked up to see who was standing in front of them. She pulled back some strands of hair behind her ear and greeted the Lancers with a smile.

"Hi there, I wasn't expecting visitors so soon."

"Glad to be the first." Jane's mother said.

"I'm Amelia, Amelia Caster."

"Kerri Lancer." She greeted with a handshake. "And this here is my husband Michael."

Micheal shook Amelia's hand, "Nice to meet you." He smiled and glances down to the boy, "I see it's just you and your boy."

"Oh yes, my husband yeah, we kind of parted ways a few years back."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I mean being a single mom is hard but having Jason my one and only son by me doesn't make me feel as lonely."

Kerri smiled. "Well, I'm sure you won't be as lonely once our daughter Jane and Jason become good friends. Right Jane?"

Jane was in her Dad's arms nodding her head slowly. It wouldn't be so bad being friends she thought.

****

Ever since she had tried to be friends with him, it had just gotten worse and worse. Jane had always been bullied by Jason, a childhood bully who still bullies her till the age of 18.

Throughout the years, she began to just let him do what he does. Her only true goal was to hope that he would move away from her life or up until she graduates high school. Although he has been the bully of her life, she didn't keep that from getting into her way of being successful.

Yes, senior year of high school and she is still getting teased and bully by Jason. Their first meeting was never casual nor the best. And because of him, Jane never really had the time to go on dates, make friends, or even hang out with one friend. She had lost all her friends during the first grade. She had been made a loner from being made fun of her looks, fashion sense, and personality. Of course, she is a beautiful girl but she just doesn't know how to show it with the ways Jason expresses it himself with his group of friends. To Jane, Jason felt like a dictator to her, as if he had a grudge against her since day one. He had a bigger group of friends, it seems more like his group of friends grew bigger and bigger every year. Jane still couldn't believe that he wouldn't move to a new house. She'd complain about him bullying her but he would put on a scene saying he's never done such things with the most innocent voice and smile. It was like he was a completely different person in front of her parents. His own mother didn't even know his actions. From his bullying, it leads Jane into depression filled with loneliness and no one to talk to. No one to express her feelings on how she feels.

Luckily, she survived graduating high school. She felt relieved now that she doesn't have to go through the morning walk on campus having the feeling everyone's eyes were on her. The bad lunch food that gets dumped on her no matter where she'd hid. Friends of Jason's pulling on her hair till strands were pulled out. Half of her life was taken away from her. All she could do was cry silently after the graduation. A good thirty minutes in the restroom stall of tears.

Finally she could come out. Tonight is to be the graduation after party. Jane heard about it from other girls while in the restroom but knew she wouldn't have a chance to go to any party.

Once the sun began to set, Jane was about to leave the auditorium separately from her parents in her old rusty corolla passed down by her father. Just when she unlocks the door, a female in short-shorts and a see through white tank top comes running towards her.

"Hey, you!" She shouted out holding a card.

Jane took a good look at her and knew that she belongs to Jason's group of friends.

"Yes?"

The female caught up to her and was panting trying to catch her breath. She suddenly grabs Jane by the wrist and hands her the card.

"Hope to see you there." She smiled then gave a pat on Jane's shoulders along with wink. Jane didn't have time to explain as soon as the female ran off hearing a slight giggle from her.

Jane gave a puzzled look at the card. She twirled it around realizing it was an invitation. She threw it on the passenger seat along with her bag and started the car. Jane's only thought was maybe going just for the fun of it. Just to see what a party would look and be like, since she's never been invited to one. In fact, this is her first time going to one.

Jane sighs starting the car,"Nothing will happen. It's just a party."

For some reason she felt anxious about this party. Who will be there? What are they going to do? Are they good people, bad people? These questions ran through her mind all the way home.

When she pulled up to the drive way, she looks into the rear-view mirror to Jason's house. She knew that he will be there. His car was gone, his mother was gone as usual on business trips working hard to keep up.

Jane sat there in her chair reading the invitation on where it was and what time it started. Nine o'clock pm through 1 in the morning. Maybe she could leave early she thought. But what was there for her to wear? Glancing at the clock hanging by her bed, it was 5:39 pm already. Jane slowly approaches her closet and sees that she barely has anything nice to wear. She got out a pair of good blue jeans short-shorts along with a black oversize t-shirt. She gave the t-shirt a stare and grabs her scissors and began to cut the sides turning it into a wide shoulder - open sided tank top. Putting her outfit on, it showed a bit too much skin for her but for a fact she was very skinny but not too skinny. She styled her hair by letting down her ponytail, her hair with a natural beautiful wave with her bangs too. Jane looks at herself in the mirror; she looked like a completely different person to her.

"It's called fitting in...right?" She asks herself with a not so confident grin. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

The people at the party were quite amused seeing Jane dressed this way and the way she looked. They thought she would come looking like an idiot but in the end, she came looking just like the other girls but plainer and more natural with no heavy makeup - with no makeup at all.

She sat awkwardly on the couch surrounded by girls and guys who were drinking and cuddling each other. She was really different from others. A group of girls were mumbling to each other from across the couch about seeing Jane's drunk side and so, they came up to her and offered her a can of beer. She declined but they insisted. She gave them a soft smile and took a sip, it was bitter to her than she thought it would be but she continued to drink more in order to not be forced because she knows they will do whatever it takes to make her drink.

The music was loud, the house was crowded, and people in their own circles talking in multiple conversations. Meanwhile Jane was stuck with the girls who were with her at the beginning of the party. She listened to their bull about other girls as she drank. There was no where to go to be alone. It was a party but, a party where no knew completely no one but Jason.

As the party went on, Jason was in the other room taking shots with guys while playing pool. Out in the room, he could see Jane drinking more and more cans of beer. A slight smirk came on his lips as he felt a bit drowsy. Can after can, Jane began to become light headed. The time was already twelve and Jane was drunker than ever. She talked and laughed a lot feeling like it was the best time of her life. Just when she was having her fun, drunk Jason walks into the room amused by her attitude.

"Look who we have here..." He chuckles, "Jane the ugly ." She gave him a stare and couldn't think of a comeback. He sat next to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder which gave her the creeps.

"That's very uncalled for." Jane says, "Calling me the ugly when you're the ugly bastard here." She laughs as others laughed along.

Both drunk and laughing like they were friends. The guys then suggest, "Hey! Let's play a spin the bottle!" Now the party was really starting.

Everyone cheers and they bring a beer bottle then sets it in the middle of everyone. Spinning it, it spun fast, slowly coming to an end, it hit Jane. They cheered once more for her.

The male who spun the bottle gave her a cheeky smile, "I dare you..." He glanced at each guy around and his eyes stops at Jason who was sitting next to her, "Kiss Jason." He chuckles leaning back into his seat.

Her eyes widen, Jason facing her way, people taking out their phones to take a video, Jane looks into Jason's eyes - still drunk she couldn't think straight. She clearly heard him to kiss Jason but she possibly can't. Her mind was still trying to function. Everyone was in position with their phones out, up on the stair steps and even surrounding them. Waiting for something new to gossip over and go viral. A twist that everyone knows Jason has been bullying Jane since at young. They were continuously cheering, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Over and over.

Jane hesitates and only stares at Jason. Her mind was blank but she could see a smile on his face as if he was ready for her to kiss him.

It's just a kiss. Nothing will happen.

Was what she thought.

As the crowd continued to cheer for the two to kiss, Jane couldn't help but give off a sly smile. Jason then leans in towards her with his eyes lowered. She too leans closer and their lips touch, it was a weird yet a nice feeling to Jane but she thought it would just be a small kiss. She was about to back away until she felt Jason move his lips once more.

He put a little more pressure into their lips scooting a little closer - soon turning it into a passionate kiss using his tongue. It made Jane's legs weak and shoulders heavy feeling chills down her spine. She wanted to back away by force then Jason suddenly held her hand. He was really into her and couldn't hold himself back. Their eyes closed and kissing passionately while others were recording and taking pictures to put on social media. Flashes of the cameras where everywhere. Screams and whistling were loud but it looked more like Jane and Jason were in their own world. After a minute or more, Jason backs away. Slowly opening their eye lids, he and Jane gave each other a small smirk of being satisfied.

He then bit his lower lips.

Jane didn't know what she was doing and still looks at him in the eye. There was sparks in her eyes glancing towards him with a flushed red face. Her heart kept racing and she wanted it to stop.