Chapter 3

Bystander [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER THREE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]The start of the everyday mundane life.

A short walk to school.

Riding the bus.

Getting pushed aside by a couple of students running late.

This was the usual. This happened everyday. This was my life.

What I didn't expect, however, was everyone's stares being attached to my lone figure. A couple of disgusted, barely any of smug, and the rest just blank stares were all on me. Whispers followed me as I made my way to the classroom, today being one of the rare days when Hana was not present by my side, or how she liked to think... Me being glued to her.

Right...

My confidently elegant strides became wavering ones the closer I got to the class. There was a gust of ominous aura coming off from the direction of the door, and this made me shiver.

I stopped in front of the door to my own personal hell and took in a big gulp of air. Just as the bell to the class rang I pulled them open and once again, everyone stared at me. With a need to be quick, I sent my eyes all over the classroom.

The two girls from yesterday were standing by the window, together with Hana. From then on out I realised that I was abandoned in this cruelty filled world of students.

On the other hand, though, it was to be expected.

We never once were friends to start with, so it was only natural that she would leave me at the first opportunity she gets to make friends.

We only stayed by each other because it was dangerous to be alone, knowing that someone will start a rumour and you will gain a label of `weak` which will end up in bullying. Be it cyber or verbal, even physical. Those were all new possibilities that were slowly ganging up on me, as I was left alone from here on out.

Peeling my eyes away from the trio of witches I came across another trio. The boy whose voice has reached a new low yesterday, a boy that wouldn't say no to someone ordering him to hit me, and another boy who was sitting behind me. Their piercing glares dug into my body and stayed glued there when I walked down the small path to my desk.

Guessing from the boys' looks, JiMin had not told them that what had happened yesterday weren't my intentions at all. He also hadn't told them that I was actually the one who helped Kim Tan.

But I didn't mind it. Actually, it was even better for me. It wouldn't reveal any weaknesses from my side, which will keep the potential bullies away. Though the chances of being bullied by the male demon trio did rise by a significant number. Though remembering TaeHyung's yesterdays words, I doubt that they would even speak to me anymore. Which was reassuring, in a twisted way.

Resting my bag against my table I straightened my back and decided to settle my eyes to face the clean whiteboard.

Heavy steps could be heard as someone was walking down the aisle to my right, and when I lifted my eyes up I was met with TaeHyung's harsh eyes as he sneered down at me.

My body filled with tension and I felt my back being washed over with cold sweat. He clicked his tongue and quietly proceeded to walk out of the class.

As the door shut close after him I felt like collapsing.

The breath I haven't realized I had been holding escaped my lips and I slumped over my desk, head resting on my hand's palm.

I would want my friends to care for me like that one day.

Hopefully it will happen.

A loud sigh escaped from the person behind me and I felt his hand bump my chair on accident. He grumbled in displeasure of the small pain and sighed again after.

There was a small smile twisting at the corners of my mouth and I buried my head in my crossed arms laying over the table.

Sure they were scary when angry for their friend, but that protectiveness had a charm.

Everyone would be jealous of such a tight bond, because this occurrence is not as often as it used to be just years ago.

Friends don't exist in my world anymore.

Just simple ties similar to those of Hana's.

The classes went by extremely slow, nobody daring to approach me but rather talking behind my back. I hadn't been able to count the amount of times I have sighed throughout the day. It was slowly getting ridiculous. People were being childish, and all because of what happened yesterday.

I became a sort of star in school. People knew me by `Heartless` or `Ice Queen`, those two names later being combined into `Heartless Cold `.

Just as a matter of fact, I wasn't hurt. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter