Chapter 9

Bystander [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER NINE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]WOAH... DAEBAK XO... Chapter eight gained some serious +20 subs... Daebak... I'm legit speechless about it.

As awesome as it is, however, there were like... 2?... comments. xDD

What's wrong, you guys? I don't bite and answer every comment possible. I know that I am not putting any author notes after each chapter, but it's only because I really don't know what to say~. You should keep in mind that I am VERY overly concerned about your thoughts and opinions of each chapter, so please do comment, it always makes me happy and motivated~! Upvotes are highly anticipated, also.

Just like any Saturday, I was in the café from an early morning, side to side with a busy SeokJin who continued with the manager's work while the mentioned was absent. It became like that from a couple of months back, when the filthy, old man got addicted to gambling and divorced with his wife. SeokJin, always the compassionate one, offered to help and once the old man smelled the freedom, he grabbed the bull by the horns and SeokJin became a lost cause. It became a certain tradition that SeokJin would work double the load on the weekends, because the illegal casinos were opened for the whole two days; morning to evening, and there was not a sight of the old man.

This was how I came to despise the place that I was working in. The selfishness of that man had no boundaries, and it was eating away at my nerve cells, destroying my mind in the most cruellest of ways. I was becoming even more detached, and this was never a good sign.

If people thought that I am cold at this point in time, God only knows how much more cruel I was going to become while working with the vile creatures I should call my colleagues.

This is also how I came to help SeokJin in anything that he ever asked me to do, for I knew that the load he carried was a heavy one and without help, he would collapse with no chance of getting back up. This much sense, I had, and so I put my whole being into helping the mentioned boy.

"MiRan, could you serve table three, please?" SeokJin asked urgently, pointing his chin in the direction of the table that a young pair sat behind.

Nodding my head without any feeling, I quietly stepped to the table and successfully got the attention of the two people. "What would you like to order?" I asked them with obvious nonchalance, a usual attribute that I gained from this part-time job.

The young woman beamed at me, her light-brown hair swaying to the sides as she whipped her head in my direction, a big, chirping smile adorning her child-like features, her big, doe eyes only adding to the childish image. "Can I get your special green tea with a small slice of cheesecake?" she questioned eagerly, her thin hands on the table, leaning half of her weight on them, creating an illusion of a bigger chest. "And you, Jackson?"

The man called Jackson only rolled his dark-chocolate eyes. "It is sincerely nice of you to remember me, GaYoon." the man crossed his leather-covered hands over his chest and leaned back into his chair, a complete opposite of the girl. His black-leather hooked around his chiselled arms in a nice way, highlighting the ups and downs near his shoulders. His forehead had a crease as he stared the girl down with a hateful frown. "I would like... Some water." he put one of his arms onto the chair's support and leaned his head into his palm, fingers threading through the dark-brown locks on his head as the earring was hitting his wrist with each swing.

"Anything else?" I asked, already half-way to closing my notebook.

He shook his head and sighed. "No, nothing else." a heavy murmur escaped past his lips and I stepped away from him.

Turning my back on the pair, I started to move back towards SeokJin, a frown on my face.

It must have been another break-up.

"Do you know them, SeokJin?" I asked quietly, casting a side-glance at the serious couple. He nodded his head while typing away at the small keyboard of a portable computer. "They're breaking up." this statement had made SeokJin's head fly up, his gaze shifting to mine.

"Is it that obvious?" his face held a bittersweet smile as he ruffled his hair and sighed. "Jackson is NamJoon's good friend. They hang out quite often, so I heard some things about his girlfriend. Apparently, GaYoon had cheated on him and he found out about it." again he had sighed, this time an annoyed grumble rather than a sigh as he snapped the computer shut. "I honestly don't understand such people... Can they not realise that they already have someone else?"

And this, precisely, is the reason I want neither friends nor lover.

I sighed in the most relaxed way possible. "Your future girlfriend will be a very lucky woman, SeokJin." I stated while passing by him, going on my way to the kitchen. "Your love will never leave her. It's not that you won't cheat on her, you won't even look at another woman in fear of a misunderstanding." a soft smile had plastered itself on my face as the kitchen doors closed, leaving me alone in the small space. "I'm afraid that the same love of yours will leave you devastated, though." the soft smile had vanished as the frown of concern took over.

Shaking my head I proceeded with the order of the couple, humming a soft melody that I had heard somewhere on the street. A hiss escaped past my tightly shut lips when my back had hit the hard wall near the fridge as I stumbled back. As the tears started to pool my eyes I dropped the small box of teabags and clutched the sides of my shirt, trying to ignore the oncoming waves of agonizing pain.

The doors creaked open and SeokJin's head peeked through them. "Are you okay? I heard something falling." he inquired with worried eyes and voice, a small frown of concern settling on his face as he saw the box of teabags on the ground and my pale face from something he did not know. "Did something happen?"

I coughed to get the lump out of my throat, shaking my head slowly. "I just saw a big spider. You know how I hate those." I mumbled while staring into a corner, searching for the imaginary being with my eyes to deceive SeokJin's perceptiveness.

"You sure?" he raised an eyebrow, the frown not yet settling as he leaned on the threshold.

"I think it's gone now. You can go back to work." I reassured him once more and turned my back to face opposite of his eyes, somewhere where he cannot see my pained expression. "The order is almost done, now, too. I'm going to come out in a bit."

I heard him sigh as his feet shuffled. "As you say." he mumbled before the doors closed once again, leaving me alone and in pain.

I cursed quietly and kicked the bare wall to release my frustration. It was all his fault. The damned creature from hell that decided to destroy not only my life, but the lives of all my family members.

 

As SeokJin's and mine shift ended, we sat quietly in the staff lounge room, relaxing our muscles from the long day of working. As much pain as I got from leaning into the couch, I could not help but to do it anyway, as my lower-back was aching for something to support it. Rolling my head around to get the bones back into their rightful places with the pop, a quiet moan of satisfaction slipped out from my mouth.

Instantly, SeokJin's eyebrow arched up in a disbelieving expression. "Are you that tired?" he asked with a surprised voice, a small smile slowly creeping onto his face. With not many words, I only nodded in response before resting my head into the palm of my hand. "Do you need me to lead you to the house today?"

I shook my head this time, my eyes on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter