Chapter 2

Bystander [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER TWO[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]I tried to suppress my sighs as the overly-pitched voice of Hana's was talking about something that I didn't pay attention to, again. Lucky for me, my level of ignorance when people spoke was highly raised, and so I barely heard whatever she said. Nodding from time to time was efficient enough to stop her annoyance of me not paying attention to her `serious talks`.

"And then, just imagine this, he said `let's do it`. How could he?!" she exclaimed, and people around us turned to stare at her, who was flailing her hands around, staring at me with wide eyes.

I turned my head to the side, away from her, and finally sighed while closing my eyes with a bored look. "And what did you do?" I asked her, my face turned back to its previous position, staring straight. My voice came out as bored and she gasped with fake hurt and disbelief.

"What do you think I did?! Of course I slapped him!" she yelled out, hurriedly stomping towards the cafeteria with angered expression.

Somebody give me strength to live through this...

From the corner of my eye I noticed a familiar, older figure leaning against the window of the hall. His chocolate brown eyes staring at my by-passing figure, as in taking in my appearance in a whole. A small smile was plastered across his face as he nodded at his friend's, Jung HoSeok's, story, his eyes never withdrawing from me.

When he finally noticed my eyes on him, the small smile turned into a big and genuine one, as he raised his hand to wave at my walking silhouette. With the same stony expression I nodded my head at him, this being the reply to his action. Jung HoSeok, noticing that his friend wasn't replying anymore, turned to me and stared for a couple of seconds before turning back to Park Jimin and asking him something which was inaudible for my ears.

"MiRan!" yelled out Hana's voice. "You're so slow! The food is going to be gone if you're going to wander about..." she grabbed my hand and gave me a tight lipped, closed eye smile, the corner of twitching with great annoyance. When her eyes opened, they twisted into a horrendous sneer, the fake smile still present on her face. I gulped and slowly proceeded to follow her, the slight insecurity for myself settling in my gut.

She sure could be scary when angered...

And just like that, Hana's rambling began again, and a countless sigh escaped from me, the tight feeling disappearing from within me.

As much as someone might like the food from cafeteria, it was always as if something was missing from it. This time, it was taste in general. The rice was so over-cooked that the taste disappeared and the substance left after was hardly biteable. The curry sauce was too sweet, and the chicken in it too slimy. Getting the general description, I greatly didn't enjoy my food.

With a dire mood, I proceeded to walk in front of Hana who hasn't ended her complaints about the food in canteen, too pre-occupied with her story that she didn't yet notice me getting further away.

Turning a corner, my ears perked up at the mention of a familiar name. "Did you hear about that Kim Tan?" a giggly feminine voice whispered. "The one who was beaten up on Wednesday?"

"Oh!" gasped the other girl, snapping her fingers. "You mean the one who cheated with his grades?" she asked after, and a quiet scoff was heard after her words. "He deserves what the upper-classmen did. It's so unfair that other people put in effort to achieve their grades, while he was simply cheating." she added, flicking her wrist.

I stopped in my tracks and leaned against the wall, where they couldn't see me, as the corner covered me.

"Oh!" exclaimed another voice from the direction I just came. "I'm surprised you waited for me!" she cackled and patted my shoulder before freezing.

My face held a strong dissatisfaction as her hand came into contact with me, as she was using too much strength while patting it. I was quite sure that my shoulder was red from her forceful movements.

She quickly came back from her short stupor and turned the corner, joyfully joining into the conversation. "Are you talking about that cheater?" she asked with disgust.

The two girls nodded their heads and watched Hana with inspecting eyes. "Why do you ask?" asked the shorter one, her blonde hair swaying behind her as she turned her head to stare at me as I just left my previous `hiding` spot.

"Remembering his face arose all the bad feelings. He's the lowest." she sneered and crossed her hands over her chest.

An inaudible chuckle escaped my mouth.

That was a lie. Not even this Tuesday she was saying the way his looks made this school of a higher standard, and that if he would ask her out she would instantly agree.

I stopped beside Hana and stared at the two girls opposite. Slowly, their faces morphed into something ugly, and the hair at the back of my neck stood up from fright.

The people in front of me weren't human anymore. The wickedness in their expression couldn't allow them to be humans. They were more like demons, ready to devour their prey with their vile mouths.

"Lowest?" the taller girl asked, her hand reaching its way into her strawberry red hair to ruffle them out of exasperation. "That Kim Tan is as low as trash. He doesn't deserve any second chances in this school." she scoffed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter