Jackets

The Set Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 - Jackets

 

Dolce Vita Seoul Hotel Lobby - 9.03PM

 

The two sat in silence staring at the paintings upon the golden walls, an uneasy silence surrounding them. Jiyong was suddenly alarmed when he felt a shiver beside him and noticed Taeyeon was only in her black sleeveless dress.

 

“Are you cold? Did you not bring a coat with you tonight?” he asked her, breaking the tension. “Didn’t you have a blue jacket with you earlier?”

 

She bit her tongue at the mention of the jacket. “He bought it for me. I threw it away in the ladies’ room,” she replied with a hint of sadness in her voice. She then felt her shoulders covered with a soft silk material.

 

“That jacket didn’t look like it was worth much anyway,” he said. “You can use my suit jacket.”

 

She frowned at his comment, because she truly treasured the blue soft jacket. It was on their first anniversary that she received it as a gift, and loved wearing it ever since. It was her go-to jacket for any formal events. Usually she would treat her clothes rather carelessly, leaving loose threads unattended and upset once they had become frayed. However that one jacket she took special care of. She had even spent a day last month hand washing it. She then thought to herself, why did she even wear it today considering she knew what he was up to? Realizing that she found comfort in the jacket and she still wanted it, she quickly stood up.

 

Realising her eyes were towards the restroom, Jiyong perked up and grabbed her arm. “Sit down. It’s not worth your time,” he commanded, hoping she wouldn’t go back.

 

“I’m sorry but this isn’t my jacket. You must be cold as well. I’ll go and get it back,” she explained decisively.

 

“Miss Kim, don’t worry about me,” he smiled at her. “I own this hotel, I’ll have plenty of clothes here for myself. I just want to make sure you’re comfortable right now.”

She immediately felt shy upon seeing his toothy smile. He was quite handsome she realised - he looked sharp and cold but in his eyes and smile she felt his kindness.

 

“You’re right,” she accepted solemnly as her eyes fixed themselves onto the floor. “I need to let go of it.”

 

He nodded, grateful that she had accepted his advice and knowing he was successful in persuading her. “Did you drive here?” he asked. She shook her head side to side in response, wisps of her long blonde hair flying around. “We’ll get you a taxi. I’ll cover everything, so don’t worry,” he decided quickly. He walked over to the bellboy to inform him of his decision. Taeyeon watched him carefully, and chuckled upon seeing how nervous the bellboy was in response to him. He must really be the owner of this place she thought. She tightened the hold of the jacket on her and breathed the clean yet manly scent of it, composing of spicy and citrus notes. It was comforting sensation to her. Jiyong made his way to the sofa and seated himself next to Taeyeon again.

 

“You’re the owner of this hotel right? Why are you so nice to me?” she asked, curious. She was grateful for the help - but couldn’t help to feel slightly sceptical of his intentions.

 

“Because I’m rich I just can’t help someone?” he questioned back to her. Taeyeon turned her face away from him once she realised that she had come off rather aggressively. Noticing her regret, he quickly cleared up the air. “I'm sorry, I just hate people like him.”

 

“Like him?” she said, wanting clarification. She tilted her head to the side as her eyes made their way back to Jiyong again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter