Three

It Just Had To Be You

Sungji's P.O.V.

     "You're what?!" Chanyeol stood up from the lunch table in disbelief catching the attention of everyone in the cafeteria.

 "Sorry, can you say that again? I thought you said you guys are engaged?" Jongdae asked calmy but I didn't fail to notice the incredulity in his voice. Everyone at our table was looking at both me and Baekhyun expectantly. "We said," I started as I cleared my throat to make my voice loud and clear. "we're getting married."

Their mouths fell wide open at the news, which obviously didn't sink in to their heads yet. "But when? Why?" Junmyeon oppa asked, obviously wanting some clarification. "The same reaction I had when we were first told about this..." Baekhyun muttered under his breath.

"Our parents arranged it. They said it would help form a close tie between our companies..." I answered as I took a sip of my apple juice. "And you guys are okay with this?" Kyungsoo asked. "They're making us do it against our own will..." Baekhyun answered with a hard tone as he gripped his fork a little too tightly. "We were both agaist the marriage and we still are. Baek tried to reason with them, but they said that it was already planned and there was no backing out...I just don't see the point of this marriage..." I sighed as I shook my head lightly. Everyone was silent after I said those words until Minseok oppa spoke up. "Do you know when the wedding is going to take place?" I nodded and said, "Two weeks from now."

"Two weeks?!" We all turned to Chanyeol who once again stood from the table. "Yes, Chanyeol. Two weeks. And can you please stop doing that? Everyone's staring..." I hung my head low and covered my face with my hands to hide my flushed cheeks. "They are?" he asked as he took a moment to scan the place. "oh...sorry," he said as he slipped back into his chair. 

I rolled my eyes once again. "You are one oblivious guy, Park Chanyeol..." I said as I shook my head. "Hey! That's not true!" Chanyeol tried to defend himself and looked to the others for support. Instead, he only heard chuckles and snickers from everyone at the table. 

"Whatever..." Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. "Aw, don't be sad Chanyeol. Of course we still love you," I comforted as I chuckled. "You'll always be my favorite Yoda out of everyone here!" I flashed him a bright smile. "Yeah, that's because you're the ONLY Yoda here..." Kyungsoo teased and everyone laughed, including myself. Chanyeol's cheeks flushed and he sunk back into his chair, clearly emabrassed. 

"Okay, enough about me...Let's get back to you guys," Chanyeol said as he darted menacing eyes in Kyungsoo's direction. "Yeah, we sort of got a little off topic there..." Jongin agreed. "Hmm..." I propped my elbow onto the table and placed my head on my hand. "Well, I don't exactly know what else to say..." I looked to Baekhyun and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I do!" Yixing oppa interjected. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked as he raised an eyebrow. He cleared his throat to speak. "Baekhyun-ah, I've been one of your best friends for over four years now, and I was wondering if I cou-" he stopped talking when Baekhyun suddenly interrupted. "Um, hyung, as you can see I'm already engaged, so if what you're trying ask is-" It was Yixing oppa's turn to cut him off this time. "What the hell? No! I just wanted to ask you if I could be your best man..." he explained showing a face of disgust.

"What about me?" Junmyeon oppa spoke up. "Baekhyun, you know I would be the right choice as your best man," Chnayeol firmly stated. All of a sudden, all of the guys were arguing about who was going to be Baekhyun's best man. Baekhyun just stared at them, not saying a word. I nudged him in the arm, signaling for him to say something. "What?" he asked me with a raised eyebrow. "Aren't you going to say something?" I answered with a question. "No, this is too funny to watch," he said as he plastered a look of amusement onto his face when he saw his friends arguing with each other.

I shook my head at him and his childish antics. I gave him an "I'm serious" face in which he sighed in defeat. "Fine..." "Guys! I need some time to decide on who is going to be my best man. I know that all of you want to be my best man, but I can only choose one, okay?" he spoke clearly while eyeing everyone. "I should have been nicer to you..." Kyungsoo said, earning a chuckle from all of us.

~Later that day~

"C'mon Sungji! We don't want to keep you future in-laws waiting!" My mom yelled from downstairs. Since I barely had time to change since we just got out from school, I wore a simple outfit: a short white skater dress and a pair of my black converse. I quickly ran down the stairs and made my way inside the car waiting outside of my house. My mom was already inside and on her phone. "Aren't you excited?" My mom asked as she squealed in delight. Right now, we're currently going to a bridal boutique to pick out my dress. "Honestly eomma, you're more excited than I am..." "Well of course I am! I'm going to get to see my daughter in a wedding dress for the first time! I've been waiting for this moment to happen!" "How come I feel like you're the bride here?" I asked as I chuckled at my mom's childish side. "Oh, be quiet. I'm just so happy for you, dear!" she said as she glanced at the front view mirror to take a look me. I put on a fake smile. I wish I could say the same...

~Eun Cheol's Bridal Boutique~

"Sungji-ah! You're here already! This is great! Now, since we have more time because you arrived earlier that expected, you can go try on more dresses!" Mrs. Byun said as she clapped her hands happily. "Are you ready to find the perfect dress?" a woman in her early thirties came in. She must be the one who will be assisting me in finding my dress. "I guess so," I give her a small smile in which she returns. She led me down the racks which were filled with stunning dresses. They all looked so beautiful that I didn't know what to try on first. The woman picked a dress for me to try on and brought me to a grand fitting room. It was a gorgeous ballgown dress with a heartshaped neckline and pretty embellishments on the skirt. She helped me zip up the back and gave me a pair of heels to borrow.

She then took me to a walkway where my mom and Mrs. Byun were patiently waiting for my appearace. When they saw me, they're mouths fell open. "You look absolutely beautiful Sungji-ah! Absolutely studding!" eomma said and I smiled at her compliment. "My Baekhyunnie is going to be completely mesmerized by you sweetie!" Mrs. Byun added which made me blush. "Kamsahamnida!" I turned around and took a look at myself. It was a beautiful dress, it really was, but it just didn't feel right. It wasn't for me. "Um, do you mind if I try on other dresses?" I asked the woman standing beside me polietly. "Of course!" She led me back to the racks where the rest of the dresses were. I won't stop until I find the perfect dress.

I tried on several more, but none of them were completely satisfying to me. But that was until I spotted this one particular dress on a mannequin. It was probably the simplest looking one out of all the dresses I've tried on, but it still managed to take my breath away. "May I try this one one?" I asked the woman as I pointed at it. "You may," she replied and flashed me a kind smile. After I finished putting it on, I paced with a nervous smile to the walkway. My mom and Baekhyun's mom were busy chatting until they heard the clacking of my heels on the wodden floor. When I appeared before them, they didn't say a word. My smile fell when they didn't say anything. "Do you guys not like it?" I asked a bit disappointed.  That seemed to snap them out of their daze. "No No No! Not at all sweetheart! This dress honestly looks the most stunning on you! It really redered us speechless!" Mrs. Byun said happily. I smiled back warmly and gratefully at her. When I didn't hear a response from my mom, I turned to face her. There were tears in her eyes. With the other dresses, she always said the same thing: You look gorgeous! Absolutely stunning! But now I know, that she loved this dress just as much as I did. "Beautiful, just beautiful..." she muttered and wiped her tears away. I didn't notice a tear slip out of my own until I felt something wet trail down my cheek. I turned around to look at myself at the mirror and it didn't fail to amaze me yet again. It truly is a beautiful dress, and it made me feel beautiful. I knew at that moment that I wouldn't have to be trying on any other dresses. "This is it. This is the one," I said as I smiled at my reflection. 

~Meanwhile at Baekhyun's place~

Baekhyun's P.O.V.

It's already 9 p.m. and they're still not back yet. I finished buying my suit a few hours ago, but it looks like they weren't done finding a dress... Well they're girls, what do you expect...I laid back on my bed and plugged my earphones into my ears. Music usually helps me relax whenever I'm nervous. And right now, all I can think about is the wedding. I'm still against the wedding, but like we said earlier, there's really nothing we can do about it. I thought about what would happen between me and Taeyeon in the future, if everything would be fine between us. But I also considered my friendship with Sungji. What would happen between us? Would this marriage affect our friendship? I really have no clue. But I do know that I don't want our many years of being there for each other to just end like that only because of a wedding that lasts for a few hours. Sungji and I have been bestfriends sice we were young and I got so used to her company, that I can't even imagine living a day without her. That's how much I care about this friendship; about Sungji. Maybe I care for her a little too much for my own good, but that's because we don't know what it feels like to have each other out of our lives. I'm afriad of losing her as my bestfriend. It would just feel somewhat...empty. That's why I'm promising myself to not let this marriage affect this special relationship we have. Two weeks from now, is when I have to start keeping this promise. And two weeks from now, is when our once simple and seemingly easy lives, will turn into a huge obstace course.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Yay! I finally updated! And once again, I am really sorry for not updating in so long, especially after telling you that I would be updating more frequently. Ugh! I know, I'm such a horrible author for having to make you all wait for over a month for the next update! But thank you to those who were so patient with me this whole entire time! Please do comment, it only gives me more motivation to write! Again, thank you! XOXO