Earnestly In Love With You

Earnestly In Love With You

Chapter 9 

 

The sound of the alarmed clocked jerked Jaejoong out of his tripped down memory lane. He stood up, no longer a wasted man who didn’t know what went wrong with his life. He was now a man of purposes, a man who would do anything and everything in his power to wrestle back the loved and happiness of his life. A man who knew exactly what he could do to restore the promising future that was in store for him and his wife. 

 

First thing he did was pulled out his appointment book. He was shocked to realized what day it was. He was almost too late. He flipped through pages after pages of the annual registered, writing something on each page. He took a quick glance at the clock, noting the time and hurried to take a quick shower. Gripped with a senses of animated suspense and urgency, he called his secretary who had just arrived to worked and barely had time to settle in while toweling his short black hair dry. 

 

“But Mr. Kim, I...” Jaejoong would surely laughed if he saw his secretary this time. Her eyeballs were a millimeter from popping and was hanging opened as if trying to catch a fly. 

 

“I don’t care what you do. Hired someone if you have to. I got to go.” After the brief conversation, he haphazardly grabbed some clothes from the closet and almost left the house without wearing any shoes. 

 

He bribed a florist to opened their store early so that he could get some flowers, the bouquet offering the same variety as the first one that Jaejoong gave Yuri way back then. He made one more stopped at another store. He borrowed a pen, got some paper and settled down to concentrate on writing what was probably the most important piece of contract in his entire life while the owner of the store was taking care of his purchases. 

 

Jaejoong drove straight to Sunny’s place, all the while praying that Yuri was still there. Yuri has to be there. With his hands full, he awkwardly rang the doorbell and smiled nervously when Yuri came to opened the door. 

 

“Jaejoong Oppa?” 

 

“Surprised to see me?” 

 

Surprised? No, Yuri was stunned. Actually, more liked shocked. Jaejoong, who has impeccable taste in clothes and always wore a dress shirts and matching slacks was standing in front of her, wearing a green t-shirt with a huge Mickey Mouse logo on it that she had gotten for him as a gag gift. Her eyes traveled downwards. She almost choked when she saw him wearing a pair of indigo buffalo david bitton driven-x straight-fit stretch jeans. To top it off, he was wearing a white/black adidas sneakers on one foot and a black one on the other. 

 

“I got these for you.” Jaejoong pressed his advantage of what he mistook as surprised and entered the apartment without Yuri really noticing, afraid that she might slammed the door on his face, “They are in a lot better shape than the first one I gave you.” He was full of hope, considering the fact that Yuri automatically accepted the flowers was a good signed. 

 

Yuri didn’t know whether to run to her room and hide from this nutty person or to laughed hysterically at the Jaejoong standing in front of her. She was so discombobulated that it never even entered her mind that he wasn't supposed to be at her place. She didn’t even noticed that she was now the proud owner of a beautiful bouquet of flowers. 

 

“Yuri?” Jaejoong was starting to feel uncomfortable. His wife was just staring at him and hasn’t said a single word after saying his name, “I know that you told me not to bother you but..." 

 

Laughter won. Yuri was laughing so hard that she doubled over; dropping the flowers as one hand s around her slim waist, clutching her stomach while the other was pointing at him. 

 

Jaejoong dropped everything in his hands and held her in his arms. He was now very worried. What has he done to Yuri? Poor girl. He made her so miserable that she lost her mind. 

 

Yuri couldn’t stopped laughing. Tears were starting to formed in her eyes when she glance down and noticed Jaejoong’s appointment book that opened up when it fell. She sobered up, pulled away from him and bent down to picked it up. Page after page, her name was scrawled boldly across each and every page. She finally looked up at Jaejoong. 

 

“I...” Jaejoong took in a deep breath, “That was part of my present for you.” He finally said, “I wanted you to know that from now on, you are the priority in my life and nothing else will ever come between us.” 

 

Speechless, Yuri stood there, gripping the book tightly in her hands, watching Jaejoong with glittering eyes. 

 

Jaejoong knew that he couldn't afford to failed. He quickly picked up a folded piece of paper and handed it to Yuri, “I wrote this for you, too. I wanted to write a poem but I know that I had mess that one up so badly, you had probably run to your room and hide.” He gave the now trembling Yuri a pleading smile as he handed her the paper. 

 

Jaejoong's choice of words reminded Yuri of her thought about hiding in her room and she started trembling in reaction to her effort to not laughed out loud again. She reached for the note with shaking hands and started reading it. 

 

Her eyes widened in responses when she read the heading, 'Promissory Note' it said. Jaejoong wrote her a contract? 'How typical of him to revolve around business.' She thought sarcastically, and then her expression softened as she read on. 

 

Promissory Note, 

 

On the 18th of September 2002, I, Kim Jaejoong, promise Yuri Kim the following: Yuri will always be the most important part of my life. No person, even natural causes, especially no business will ever come between us again. 

 

I will never ever forget about any appointments or dates that I have set with her for there will never be anything else in my foremost consciousness but her. 

 

I will never go back to my old habits of being a workaholic and forgetting everything else. 

 

I will walked through the fires of hell to ensure her eternal happiness and most important of all, I promise to always loved and cherished my precious Yuri, my wife, my partner, keeper of my heart and if god is willing, mother of my children. 

 

In returned, all I want is to hear the words 'I love you' from my wife, every single day for the rest of our lives. 

 

Should I ever become complacent or fall short of Yuri's expectations then she has the right to uses whatever method she chooses to knocked some senses into my head. Anything, except leaving me. 

 

Jaejoong could feel his heart thudding loudly. He waited with trepidation while Yuri read the note. He didn’t know what else to do if she still rejected him after this. She finally looked up and her face was expressionless. For the first time since he met her, he couldn’t figured out what she was feeling. Why now? Why now when everything was so crucial? Jaejoong felt liked banging his head on the wall. 

 

“You left one thing out.” Yuri said tonelessly. 

 

“What is it?” Jaejoong was so anxious that he would agreed to everything she asked of him, “I will add it in right now and if you think of anything else, we can always do an addendum.” And then he added, just in cases this was the deal breaker, “I learned my lesson the hard way but I guarantee you that I will never forget it.” 

 

Yuri felt liked rolling her eyes. Addendum? But then again, this was Mr. Businessman Jaejoong, “You have to promise never again, to appeared in public while wearing what you have on right now. Not the shirt, pants nor the mismatched shoes.” Her brownish pink lips started quivering. 

 

Jaejoong looked at Yuri as if she had lost her mind before checking out what he was wearing. No wonder everyone he dealt with looked at him so oddly. He started blushing in embarrassment while his wife started cracking up again. 

 

He understood her laughter now. He hesitantly pulled her into his arm and when she didn’t protests, he let go of his pent up feelings. He held her so closely against him, every part of their body was touching. He missed her so much that he wanted her to be welded to him so that they would never be separated again. He rubbed his face against her hair, inhaling her sweet fragrance. His lips found its way to her sensitive ear lobes, nuzzling her and then trailing to her awaiting lips. They kissed, erasing the dark memories of their time apart from each other, forging a new promise for the future. 

 

It was dark by the time the two stirred from Yuri's bed, “Oh my god!” Yuri exclaimed, “I forgot all about Sunny! What will she think?!” 

 

Jaejoong lazily played with his wife’s hair, “She will think that we finally came to our senses and are back together. Where we belong.” He started kissing her again, “Yuri, you are forgetting one thing.” He reminded. 

 

Yuri pretended to scowl, “Hmmm, what might that be?” She teased, and was surprised when her husband climbed out of the bed, “Oppa? Where are you going?” 

 

Jaejoong leaned down and gave her another kissed, “Hang on to that thought for a second. I will be right back.” He left the bedroom and was back in a jiffy. He handed her a beautifully wrapped package, “Happy anniversary, my love." “Oppa.” With everything that was happening, Yuri hated to admit that she forgot about their anniversary but no amount of tortured would ever get her to admit that. She opened the gift and nestled on the center of the small box was a magnificent yellow gold diamond heart pendent necklace, “This is beautiful." 

 

Jaejoong lifted the present up, “I'm giving you my heart. For yours to keep forever and ever.” He said, and fastened the necklace securely on her neck. 

 

“Oh Oppa, I love you so much.” Yuri knew that she had finally found true happiness for her heart was filled with nothing but joy.

 


 

 

A/N: Here is the description for my new upcoming fanfiction starring the Yunri couple, 'Love Struck' so considered this a Valentine story

"If you combined two best friends who has a scheming plot forming in their minds with two single parents, what will you get?"