Earnestly In Love With You

Earnestly In Love With You

Chapter 6 

 

Jaejoong winced when the phone was slammed. What the hell was she thinking of?! His first instinct was to called her back and apologize but wait, he didn’t do anything wrong. If anything, she should be the one apologizing to him. His stomach growled, reminding him that he skipped lunch and its dinnertime and to think that he sacrificed lunch hour so that he could be with her tonight. Women. He decided to go grabbed something to eat and head straight home. Yuri will called him tomorrow after she calmed down and realized that she was at fault. After tossing and turning for several hours, Jaejoong finally gave up the idea of sleeping. His conscience was working overtime. Guilt was nagging at him. Food and a hot shower had cleared his mind and he knew that the chance was very slim that Yuri would called him. What the heck?! He finally admitted that it was his fault. First thing he must do in the morning was give Yuri a called and apologize. Hopefully, she would listened to his explanations and understand the pressure he’s going through. 

 

He called her using his iphone5 on his way to worked and she didn’t picked up. He ended up calling her house and cell every hour for the rest of the day. Finally, he couldn’t stand it anymore; he took off early from worked and drove to her place. He rang the doorbell, knocked on the door and still no Yuri. It was around 3 when her roommate and best friend, Sunny, got home. 

 

“Jaejoong Oppa? Hi there. Are you waiting for Yuri?” It was obvious that Sunny didn’t know what was going on, “I don’t know where she went off to today. She left before I even got up. Why don’t you come inside and wait for her?” The two entered the apartment, “Hope you don’t mind. Here’s the remote control for the tv. I'm sorry I can’t keep you company. I have got a long day tomorrow.” With those parting words, Sunny entered her bedroom and left Jaejoong to keep himself occupied until Yuri got back. 

 

Jaejoong was mindlessly watching the tv when Yuri walked inside her apartment. She stood at the living room entrance, shocked to find Jaejoong waiting for her, “What are you doing here?” 

 

Jaejoong had stood up when he heard the key turning; his hesitant smiled vanished the second Yuri spoke to him, “I have been trying to called you since early this morning.” He paused, and worried his plump lips, “You haven’t been answering your calls.” 

 

Yuri wouldn’t even looked at him as she stepped into the living room and placed her brown multi print satchel pursed on the table, “Why should I? I wouldn’t want to be accused of being demanding again.” 

 

Jaejoong moved closer to her, “Yuri, I’m sorry about yesterday. I was tired and said things that shouldn’t be said." He said softly, against her ear. 

 

“No Jaejoong Oppa, you are wrong. Those things needed to be said. We have been slowly drifting apart for these last few weeks and I don’t know why. It was actually a very enlightening conversation.” Yuri moved away. 

 

Jaejoong brushed a frustrated hand through his short orange blondish hair, “Yuri, please give me a break here? I know I was wrong and I apologized.” 

 

“No need for apologies. After all, it doesn’t change anything.” 

 

“What do you mean it doesn’t change anything? What do you want me to say? I was tired and cranky ok? I admit that what I said was uncalled for.” 

 

“Is that all? That doesn’t explained why we never seem to spend any time together anymore.” 

 

Yuri's pointed implication was cleared. She really did think that he was seeing someone else. Jaejoong closed his eyes, focusing on the issued at hand, not wanting to make the situation worse, “Yuri, I had been working hard lately. I'm sorry for ignoring you but don’t you see? I'm doing this for us, for our future.” Yuri's looked didn’t wavered. She obviously still doubted him, “Why won’t you believe me? I have been nothing but devoted to you since I first saw you.” 

 

“That’s what they all say.” As far as Yuri was concerned, Jaejoong had given her no valid reason for her not to be suspicious of him and Jaejoong who had been under duress the whole day, lost it, “Fine then. If that’s the way you want it, you have got it lady. I have been seeing different women, lots of different women. I worked from 7 until 8 everyday and of course, I don’t need time to rest at all. I leave the office and start calling all my other girlfriends. Are you happy now?" 

 

Yuri's oval-shaped face told all. For a very brief moment there, it showed a soft expression, reminding Jaejoong of the time when she told him she cared for him but it was soon replaced by a looked of devastation and then she looked at him coldly, making him feel that he's been cruelly stabbed, “That’s it then. Do whatever you want. You know the way out, Oppa.” 

 

She turned around and left him standing in the middle of the room, hardly daring to watched her departing back.