Earnestly In Love With You

Earnestly In Love With You

Chapter 4 

 

Jaejoong woke up the following morning, knowing exactly what he was going to do for the day. He walked into his office with a spring in his steps, causing his secretary to looked at him suspiciously, “What on earth happened to you?!” She couldn’t helped exclaiming when she noticed the nasty looking blue-green-yellow bruise on his face, “Nothing.” Jaejoong answered curtly, glaring at his secretary into minding her own business. 

 

Point was well taken and the secretary reverted to her business as usual manner, “Mr. Kim, here’s your list of appointments for the day.” 

 

“Cancelled them.” Jaejoong said, without even glancing at the list as he whistled his way inside his office. 

 

“But...” The secretary’s indignant protests was shortened when Jaejoong closed the door to his sanctuary, 'What's wrong with him? This uncharacteristic behavior is very baffling. I wonder if he finally found a girlfriend?' The secretary smiled at this thought but that was highly unlikely since he had made it clear more than once that he didn’t have time for anything else other than business right now. 

 

Jaejoong sat in his office chair, picturing what Yuri was going to say when she saw him again. He wondered if she was going to acknowledged him or ignored him. He wondered if she had have the boys with her again. In short, he could think of nothing else but Yuri since he saw her again, last night. 

 

Minho was right. He’s got it bad. He didn’t know why but he knew he was deeply in loved with Yuri without any causes or reason. He knew that he could listened to her y voice, accompanying him every night for the rest of his life. Jaejoong glanced at the clock again; he still had a couple of hours to go before going to the park. He fervently hoped that she would arrived at around the same time. 

 

He glanced at the neglected correspondence on his table and tried to mustered some self-control so that he could concentrate on his worked but it was hopeless; he kept on glancing outside and at the clock. Finally, he decided to do something constructive instead. Maybe he should go to a florist and get Yuri some flowers. With that thought in mind, he rushed out of the office again, after asking his secretary where the best florist in town was located. The secretary looked at her boss’ departing back and smiled. Yep, her young boss was definitely in loved. 

 

Jaejoong sat at the same bench where he saw Yuri yesterday, anxiously clutching a bouquet of red flowers which the florist told him would be perfect to give to anyone. 3 hours had gone by and still no signed of her. His confidence was starting to wan. What if yesterday was a fluke? What if he really would never see her again? Didn’t she recognized that he was her soul mate and that they were fated to be together? 'Cool it Kim.' He berated himself, 'Just because you have fallen head over heels for a girl you barely know doesn’t mean that she would feel the same about you.

 

Squeals of laughter once again, caught his attention. He stood up and glanced eagerly at the direction where the sound was coming from and there she was with the boys again. He could barely contained his excitement as he ran towards them. 

 

“Hi Yuri.” Jaejoong couldn’t helped grinning from ear to ear, consequently making him wince with pain as a reminder that he was injured last night. 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi?!” A surprised Yuri exclaimed, “What are you doing here?!” 

 

“I, um...well, I came to see you.” Now that he was actually talking to her, he felt liked a fool. She’s going to think that he’s stalking her. 

 

Yuri cocked her head, “How did you know I was going to be here?” 

 

“I saw you yesterday, playing with the boys.” Jaejoong pointed to the kids who were rolling around in the grass, ignoring the man who was talking to their companion. 

 

“Oh, I see.” Yuri didn’t know how to deal with this persistent guy, “How are you feeling today? Are you in pain? Your bruise looks real bad.” 

 

Jaejoong stepped closer, hoping that she would touched him again, but she just looked worriedly at him, “It looks worse than it actually is.” He answered reassuringly. 

 

“Are you sure? Do you need to see a doctor or anything?” Yuri persisted. 

 

Jaejoong shook his head as he continued to smiled at her. 

 

“I want to thank you again, for intervening last night.” 

 

“It was my pleasure. That was one nasty guy you were with last night. I hope you are not going to see him again." “Don’t worry about that. I'm definitely not going to see that jerk again.” Yuri finally noticed the flowers that were clutched in Jaejoong's tight gripped, “Jaejoong Oppa.” She couldn’t helped but laughed, “I hope you are not planning to still give those to someone. They looked liked they have seen better days.” 

 

At the mention of flowers, Jaejoong automatically handed them to her before what she said sunk in, “I’m sorry. They looked a whole lot better over 3 hours ago.” His face twisted into a comical embarrassed expression, making Yuri think that he’s cute. 

 

“Thank you.” She said, as she inhaled the wonderful fragrance, “Wait a minute. Are you saying that you have been waiting here for over 3 hours?” She looked at him with astonishment. 

 

Jaejoong almost groaned out loud. He didn’t mean for her to find that out. The thought of evading the issue didn’t even entered his mind, “Yes, I didn’t want to risked the chance of missing you.” 

 

“But why? You don’t even know me?” 

 

“I like you a lot.” Jaejoong blurted out, and this time, he did groaned. Minho was right. He was such a moron when it came to Yuri! What happened to tact and discretion? “Before you say anything else, I want you to know that I have been thinking about you since I saw you here yesterday and I couldn’t believe my luck when I saw you again, last night. I think we are destined to be together.” This time, Jaejoong grimaced as he looked to the side, “I really am making a fool out of myself, aren’t I?” 

 

“Hmmm.” Yuri hated to admit it to herself but she was utterly intrigued with Jaejoong. Normally, aggressive guys turned her off right away. However, Jaejoong seemed so sincere and guileless. So without any reason or causes, she found herself really liking him, too. Not only was he her knight in shinning armor last night but also, he was also so incredibly cute, “Maybe, maybe not.” She finally said, with an endearing smiled. 

 

Jaejoong could hardly believe his eyes and ears. He was expecting her to say something liked ‘Get out of my sight. I never ever want to see you again’. Instead, she was smiling at him, “I'm the luckiest man alive.” He whispered, “We even have the heaven’s blessing.” At Yuri's quizzical expression, he added, “The most perfect rainbow formed in the sky yesterday after I saw you for the first time.” 

 

Yuri didn’t need any further explanation. She saw the same rainbow and knew exactly what Jaejoong meant.