Earnestly In Love With You

Earnestly In Love With You

Chapter 10: Epilogue 

 

1 years later... 

 

Jaejoong made his pregnant wife sit down and rest while he took care of the last minute preparations for the party. Yuri protested, saying she wasn't an invalid but Jaejoong wouldn't even hear about it. Instead, he made her in charge of their mail, 'Liked it takes a genius to go through 3 pieces of mail.' Yuri thought defiantly. 

 

“Jaejoong Oppa, take a look at this.” Yuri excitedly waved a piece of mail around, “It’s an invitation to your high school reunion.” 

 

Jaejoong dropped what he was doing and sat down next to his wife, “Already? I feel so old.” He joked. Then he read the invitation and the names of the people who organized it. He couldn’t helped but smiled when he saw his former seatmate’s name engraved elegantly on the card. 

 

“Oppa? What’s that smile for?” Yuri asked suspiciously. 

 

Jaejoong chuckled as he cradled her protectively against him, “Remember that story about how Minho and I became best friends?" 

 

“Hmmm.” Yuri loved being hugged by her husband, “The two of you had a crush on the same girl and both of you lost her to another guy.” 

 

Jaejoong stood up to grabbed his high school yearbook. He sat back down on the couch and leaned back with Yuri in his arms. He flipped the pages until he found the person he was looking for, “That’s her, Seo Joohyun.” He said, and started telling Yuri about the girl. 

 

“She used to be my seatmate.” He started, “She’s always been a quiet, serious girl and I used to teases her a lot and would read her diary against her wishes until the day I found out that my teasing was making her cry. That changed everything. From that day on, I would comfort her whenever she was down and we ended up being close friends. She even hinted that she like me. Of course, who wouldn’t liked this hot guy?” Jaejoong added arrogantly, for which he received a punch on his arm from his wife. 

 

“Well, that school year ended and when the next school year came, she had blossomed into a beauty. All the guys in school were after her and both, Minho and I were one of the guys. I remembered writing her a letter and saw her throwing it away. She had already found a guy she really like at that time and I was nothing more than a former seatmate for her. I wondered what she’s like right now.” Jaejoong suddenly remembered whom he was talking to and quickly checked to make sure that he didn’t inadvertently make his wife jealous but Yuri was very secure in their relationship and thought nothing of what her husband told her except as what it was - a memorable moment in past life. 

 

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Yuri, happy birthday to you.” Yuri awkwardly bent down to blow the 27 candles on her cake. Her friends and guests cheered her on and clapped their hands happily for her. Everyone was in high spirits for this wonderful occasion. Everyone, including the birthday celebrant herself. 

 

“Did you remembered to make a wish?!” One of the guests called out. 

 

Yuri gave the friend a huge smile, 'Yes.' She thought happily, as her husband held her lovingly around her thickening waist, 'I did make a wish. I wish that this happiness will never end.

 

She looked at her loving supportive husband and mouthed the words ‘I love you', never forgetting her end of the deal especially since Jaejoong had more than lived up to his end of the bargain. 

 


 

A/N: the first chapter of 'Love Struck' is here ♡