Earnestly In Love With You

Earnestly In Love With You

Chapter 5 

 

No other words were needed as Jaejoong and Yuri stood in the middle of the park, not noticing anything else, smiling at each other with understanding. On impulses, Jaejoong moved closer and gave Yuri a sweet kissed on the cheek. 

 

“Ew!” The two boys shouted, as they started giggling, “Aunt Yuri is kissing!” They nudged at each other, imitating the adults and making loud smacking ‘kissing’ sounds, “We are going to tell grandma and grandpa on you." “What?” Yuri suddenly snapped out of her dream world, “Hey, come back here. I want to talked to you guys.” The boys were now running around in circles while teasing Jaejoong and Yuri the whole time. 

 

Jaejoong was jolted back into reality, too and was appalled at what he did, “Yuri, I'm sorry I didn’t know what came over me. I...” But the looked Yuri gave him stopped him. Her eyes were sparkling brightly and she gave him a shy smiled, “Jaejoong Oppa, would you mind helping me round up my nephews?” 

 

Jaejoong knew right there and then that he had found his perfect girl. He happily helped Yuri out and they ended up bribing the kids with ice cream in returned for their promise not to say anything about what they saw, “Great kids.” Jaejoong commented, while the boys went back to playing with their water guns, “Where are their parents?" “Taking their second honeymoon.” Yuri grinned, “My brother insisted that its about time him and his wife spend some time alone for a change and they are taking a cruises somewhere right now. I take care of the boys during the daytime and my parents volunteered to take them at night. My roommate and I don’t have any room for kids at our apartment." 

 

“Don’t you have to worked?” Jaejoong asked curiously, wondering how Yuri could spend so much time with the kids. 

 

“Yes, I do worked. I’m just lucky enough to be able to set my own schedule.” Jaejoong remained quiet, waiting for her to continued, “I write freelance for a magazine. I just have to make sure that I turned in the article by the due date, otherwise, I’m free to do whatever I want to.” 

 

“That’s great. I wish I could do the same thing.” Jaejoong started talking about his worked, dreams and hope of making it big in the business world. 

 

“I’m surprised to see you here then. You sound liked you keep a busy schedule and don’t have time for anything else.” Yuri tried to keep the disappointment from her voice. She thought she finally found the perfect guy but he’s starting to sound liked the rest of the guys her father had been trying to set her up with. Guys who think that money was more important than anything else in the world. 

 

“That was true until yesterday. Until I found the girl of my dreams.” Jaejoong's answered was so simple, straightforward and so perfect that Yuri couldn’t helped but blushed. 

 

Since that day onward, the two were inseparable. They spent the evenings together, going to the movies, clubs, hanging out with their friends and always, Jaejoong would give Yuri a good night kissed when he takes her back home. Everything was great until the day Jaejoong found out about Yuri's background. 

 

They were on their way home after watching a movie when something Yuri said caught Jaejoong's attention, “Your dad is Insu Kwon? The owner of Kwon Corporation where Minho works?” Jaejoong’s eyes almost popped out of his eyesocket. 

 

“Jaejoong Oppa? Are you alright?” Yuri was perturbed by Jaejoong’s reaction, “Does it make any difference?” 

 

“But your family is rich.” For some reason, this made Jaejoong feel small. How could he even face Yuri's parents? How could he even hope to provide for her future and support her in the way she was accustomed to? He tried to calm himself, telling himself that he was jumping way ahead of things but his aggravation showed clearly on his face. 

 

“I thought you were interested in me, not my family.” Yuri misunderstood Jaejoong’s reaction. She’s had a lot of bad experiences going out with guys who only wanted her because of her family’s fortune. Thus, she was disappointed. She thought better of Jaejoong. They had just arrived at her apartment and without another word, she quickly stepped out of the Audi R8 and hurried to her apartment. No, she refused to cry in front of Jaejoong, “Wait. Yuri, please wait?” Jaejoong rushed after her. He pulled her into his arms when she ignored him. He refused to let go even when Yuri started struggling and pounding on his chest, “Yuri please, I'm sorry. Please forgive me?” He wrapped her up in his arms, his hand rubbing up and down her back, soothing her until she calmed down, making Yuri finally cried, sobbing her heart out, “I thought you were different. I hate you.” 

 

“Shhh. Yuri, I’m sorry I reacted the way I did. I was just intimidated by your status. I love you. I fell in love with you the moment I saw you. Please don’t be angry at me?” Jaejoong could barely speak; he was so choked up with the thought of Yuri hating him, “Please?” Jaejoong kissed her on the top of the head. 

 

Yuri was pacified, “Oppa, why would finding out about my father intimidate you?” She asked softly, while laying her head on his chest. 

 

Jaejoong held her tighter against him, relieved that she was no longer mad at him, “What would your parents think about me? I mean, they would want to find someone who is worthy of their daughter. Someone who could provide all the things she wants in life.” 

 

“Oppa, my parents aren’t liked that at all. They are not social snubs liked some of the other wealthy families. They only want me to be happy.” Yuri smiled reassuringly at Jaejoong and lovingly caressed his jaw, “My needs aren’t that much. I will be happy as long as we are together.” 

 

And with that, Jaejoong leaned down and gave Yuri a long passionate kissed. 

 

Unfortunately, Jaejoong couldn’t shake the feeling of having to excel in the business world. He became more determined to make it big so that Yuri and her family would be proud of him. Gradually, he slipped back to his old working habits and the hours he used to spend with Yuri dwindled down to the point that she was starting to feel insecure about their relationship. 

 

No, Yuri hadn't been happy lately. It’s as if Jaejoong had turned into another person. No longer was he constantly phoning nor seeing her. Actually, it felt more liked he’s been ignoring her. She wondered wildly if he was seeing someone else on the side now but he kept on telling her that he was working late; at first it was understandable, even tolerable but after a while, Yuri was starting to think that he was pulling her leg. How could anyone have so much worked to do all the time? Her friends were starting to make fun of her, saying that she was lonelier now than before she entered a relationship. 

 

She planned on talking to him tonight, hoping that they could come to an understanding as to what’s going on. She wanted to talked about their hopes and dreams again, maybe by doing so, she would quit torturing herself with her wild imaginations. She glanced at her anne klein crystal accent rose gold-tone stainless steel bangle watch to see that it was 7:50pm. Jaejoong was supposed to come picked her up at 8. Even that had changed. It used to be that he would always arrived early, eager to see her as soon as possible. 

 

8:30pm and Yuri was starting to get worried. Jaejoong had never been late before. She hope he was alright. It was closes to 9 when her phone rang, “Hi Yuri. I'm so sorry. I got caught up with worked and...” 

 

Yuri had to take a deep breath before she could even start speaking, “Do you know how worried I was? You couldn’t think to picked up the phone and at least tell me you are going to be late?” 

 

Jaejoong sighed tiredly. It had been a hell of a day and he was in no mood to argued! “I'm sorry Yuri. It’s just that worked was so...” 

 

Yuri angrily interrupted him again, “Worked?! Is that all you could think of?! You know what I think?! You don’t really care about me anymore! I think you are probably seeing someone else right now! You could at least have the courtesy of just telling it to me straight away and not lie about it!” 

 

“What are you talking about?! Someone else?! I could barely keep up with your demands!” Jaejoong own tempered was provoked with her accusation, “I can’t believe your accusing me of something that I would never even think of doing! I thought we knew each other better!” 

 

Yuri felt her heart shattering into a million of pieces. All she could think of was Jaejoong's saying ‘I could barely keep up with your demands!’ Was that all she was to him? A pest demanding his time and attention? “I guess all I'm to you is a pesky demanding girlfriend then!" She slammed the phone down and slumped on her sofa, crying wretchedly, wishing that there were somewhere for her to go and hide away from her misery.