Sweet awkwardness

Too Much That It Hurts

Mrs. Jung’s POV

“Eunji-yah! You better wash up your body and wake your baby up before we have breakfast! Your breath still smells like soju.” Minah says as she sees I’m yawning while sitting on the dining chair. She is now busy making our breakfast in the kitchen. “I just realize that Jessica gets her eternal love to sleep from your blood.”

“Alright, alright..” I stand up and start walking leaving that nagging best friend of mine.

As I climb up the stairs, I met the tall charming girl whom I believe is Choi Sooyoung, the daughter of Minah. She is neat in her school uniform and bringing her backpack on one shoulder. Noticing me, she stops her track and bows.

“Good morning, Aunty Jung.” Such a polite kid.

“Morning, Sooyoung. You are so neat already in this early morning. You’re a very opposite with my daughter which I believe still be snoring right now.”

Sooyoung chuckles a bit hearing my words. “I’ll help eomma and wait for you two in the dining room then.” She says, bowing to me again while smiling.

“Neh. We’ll follow after you later.” She nods and continues walking downstairs. And by that, I also continue walking to Jessica’s room.

 

As I open her door, as I’ve expected, Jessica is still in her deep slumber hugging a pillow. I slowly sit on the side of her bed and caress her cheek.

“Darling, wake up..”

But being Jessica, she ignores that and turns her back to my face.

I then decide to lay down on the bed beside her and back hug her from behind. To my surprise, she turns around and circles her arms around my waist, hugging me back, but of course still in her closed eyes. But what surprise me more are the words she mumble after.

 

“Don’t leave me, Soo..”

 

What?

 

“Yah, Jessica Jung!” I cup her cheeks and tap them softly try to wake her.”

She opens her eyes slowly while still hugging me tightly. Still not realizing who I am, she continues mumbling, “Soo….”

“Yah!” I say again.

Her eyes widen as she fully wake up. “Eomma???!”

“I thought you are Sooyoung.” She blurts out, then immediately blushes and zips her lips.

“What? So you are saying that every morning Sooyoung hugs you to wake you up like this?”

“N-No! O-Of course no!” She stutters with her eyes wondering everywhere else but my eyes.

“Don’t tell me that you already have a crush on your housemate??” I .

 

She quickly gets up from the bed and grabs her towel, “I-I will take a bath first. I am late already.” Then she walks fast towards the bathroom. But before she can enter the bathroom, I call her.

 

“Jessica..” She turns her head to me. “Sooyoung is a nice girl.”

I can see the completely confused face on her as she asks, “….And?”

 

 

“I won’t mind to have a daughter in law like her.”

 

 

Her face quickly turns as red as tomato as I said that. She then turns to enter the bathroom fast and slams the door, let me laugh at her gestures.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“So you’re saying that you came here to have a meeting with some clients in Korea today, and will be leave to States again in the night?” I ask to my mother who is now munching her sandwich in the cross side of me in the dining table. She nods.

“Neh. I’m disappointed that my daughter doesn’t want me anymore to wake her up in the morning. She prefers to be hugged by her So-“

“UHUKK UHUKKK!!!”

I pretend to cough to cut her teasing. But unfortunately it causes Sooyoung, who is sitting beside me, to taps my back repeatedly and overs a glass of water to me.

“Yah.. Eat slowly..” And of course that makes me blush as hell.

I glare at eomma and she’s now holding her laughter hardly.

 

About 10 minutes later, almost the four of us finish our breakfast. I sip the water in my glass until its last drop.

“Sooyoung, don’t be such a toddler. There are some rice and ketchup left around your mouth.” Aunty Choi says to her daughter. I smile and glance at them. Sooyoung soon try to clean them with her right hand. But I can see there is still some ketchup left on the edge of her lips.

“Have they gone already?” She asks.

It’s not my consent at first but it just happens after that. It’s when I sigh to her…

 

“Aish.”

 

I place my right hand on her chin and start to erase the ketchup on her lips using my thumb.

Sooyoung, who is surprised, glances at me blankly. But really, I’m the one who is more surprise with what I’ve just done. I then move my sight up from her lips and that makes our eyes meet for the first time today.

 

Dugeun

Dugeun

Dugeun

 

And there goes my crazy stupid abnormal beating hearts again.

 

Sooyoung’s POV

“Aish.” I hear Jessica’s voice beside me.

Her next move surprises me. She places her hand on my chin and caresses the edge of my lips by her thumb.

 

Dugeun

Dugeun

Dugeun

 

Suddenly it’s getting hard to breathe again. Why the hell is my asthma attacking very early in the morning? Our eyes then meets and none of both of us voice a word.

 

Dugeun

Dugeun

Dugeun

 

“Are you two really sure….. you are not dating each other?”

 

The question from Auntie Jung breaks our scene. I see Jessica’s face turns so red. And I myself can feel hotness spreading on my face. We both immediately look away and try to seem busy with whatever.

“I-I’m going.” Jessica says as she takes her sliding bag before walking fast leaving the dining room.

“Me too..” I bow my head to Auntie Jung and peck eomma’s cheek, then follow after Jessica.

 

 

Yoona’s POV

I’m walking out from my house, wait for my driver to start the car before going to school. As I lean on my back on the gate, I feel a hand taps my shoulder. I see a tanned girl in a v-neck t-shirt and jeans pants smiling at me.

“Good morning!” She says.

“Morning. How may I help you?”

“I’m Kwon Yuri by the way. And you?”

“Im Yoona. Just Yoona for short.”

“Oh, well Yoona. Are you soon going to go to school?”

“Hmmm.. Yeah. And why is that?” I look at her curiously, afraid if the girl is somehow a kidnapper or something else that bad.

“Can I come with you?”

“WHAT?” What the…

“Wow.. Easy there.. Honestly I’m looking for someone who happens to wear same uniform like you. So I guess I’m going to try to look at her in your school.”

I exhale while put my hand on the chest, left her chuckling. “Alright if it’s the case.” That time, my driver’s coming out driving the car. I open the front passenger door. “Let’s go..” I say to her before come into the car. She mirrors my move by coming into the car from back passenger door.

As soon as I lock my safety belt and the car starts moving, I turn my head to that random girl.

“Yu…”

“Yuri it is.” She says noticing I just forget her name then smiles.

“Yeah, Yuri. Hmm, may I know how the person you’re searching looks like? Maybe I can help you find her or him..”

“Oh you’re right!” She takes out the phone from her jeans’ pocket, “It’s a her by the way.” Then she starts scanning the gallery. After a while she gives me the phone.

“Here she is.”

I take her phone and soon surprised at who is on the picture.

 

 

Jessica Unnie?

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

Jessica and I ended up go to school together with my bicycle, since I don’t want to look bad in front of Auntie Jung. We kept being silent along the way to school. No one dares to speak. I don’t know why but after last night’s accident we became more awkward to each other. But it’s awkward in a good way. I feel a little bit closer to her and I don’t deny that it feels quite nice.

Now I’ve just finished parking my bike, and as soon as I turnaround I can see Sica, I mean Jessica, standing in front of the exit gate of parking lot. I smile, then walking fast, okay, a little bit running, approaching her.

“You don’t have to wait for me.” While scratching my not-so-itchy hair, I say as I arrive at her place. She looks away and I can see a tint of pink on her cheek.

“I-it’s okay. I wanted to.” She fixes her bangs then looks at me with shy smile. “Let’s go.”

 

And that’s the very last conversation we had before we walk side by side entering the school building, through the corridor towards our class. And silent continues consuming us before someone calls her on our way.

“Jessie!!” Tiffany says as she grab Jessica’s arm.

“Yah, wae? You scared the hell out of me!” Jessica glares at her confusedly, hitting Tiffany’s arm for making her surprised.

“Cute.” I mumble, but soon realize that Jessica caught that because then she glances at me and blushes. I just reply with an awkward smile.

“Yah, come on accompany me to the toilet.” Tiffany, who seems not aware of the awkward atmosphere, continues pulling Jessica’s arm.

“Seriously, Tiff.. Early in the morning?” Jessica  sighs.

“Come on..”

Jessica turns to look at me.

“I.. Ehm, I…” She’s playing her fingers. “I-I’ll go with Tiffany first. S-See you in class..”

“H-Hmm.. Okay then.” I answer. Damn it why am I stuttering? I notice that Tiffany is now looking frequently to Jessica and me, confusedly.

“O-Okay.” She replies again. Then grabs Tiffany’s arms and walks away. After that I continue my walk to the classroom.

 

 

When I’m about to sit after putting my bag on the chair in classroom, I hear someone calls me.

“Soo Unnie!” It’s Yoona.

She stands by the door and signaling me to come. Soon, I walk to her and notice that she is not alone. There is a girl around her height beside her.

“Hi, Yoong. Wae?” I ask her.

“Has Jessica Unnie come, Unnie?”

“Oh, she’s just gone to toilet with Tiffany earlier. Wae?”

“This person is looking for her.” Yoona answers while pointing the girl from before.

“Kwon Yuri.” The said girl says as she overs me handshake, which I soon accept.

“I’m Sooyoung. And why are you looking for her?”

“Unnie, she is-“ Yoona tries to answer but Yuri cuts.

 

 

“She is my girlfriend.”

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“What is that?” Tiffany asks as we head to the toilet.

“What is what?”

“That! Before, your interaction with Sooyoung!”

“What do you mean?”

“Jessie, don’t play fool to me. Are you two… like… dating each other already?” I blush because it’s the third same questions in a row. Yeah, after eomma asked that twice in the night and the next morning.

“Oh. My. God. Jessie! That’s fast!”

“N-N-No! What makes you said that!?”

“Jung Jessica, you are blushing…..” She says annoyingly.

“Tiffany Hwang, for the sake of Pink Totoro, we are not dating, okay?” I say while opening the toilet door.

“Oooh. Not yet?” She frowns. But soon smiles. “Okay, I just wait the good news to come then.”

“YAH!” I scold, but she’s already entered one of the closets.

 

I turn to look at the mirror and finger-comb my hair. “Hi, cutie.” I call myself proudly, remembering what Sooyoung mumbled before. “You are cute, you know.” I continue talking to the mirror. Realizing my silliness, I blush again for I don’t know how many times.

 

Great. I am now start talking to myself.

 

 

 

 

After a while Tiffany and I are walking back to our class. From far I smile because I can see Sooyoung standing in front of the door. But then I frown realizing there is also Yoona there standing close to her, and one more person who is not in our uniform back facing me. Sooyoung seems like having a serious conversation with that person, which makes me curious.

“That’s your Sooyoung!” I blush as Tiffany whispers to me.

 

“Sooyoooouuuung!” Tiffany calls her loudly to tease me further. Damn this best friend of mine.

 

Sooyoung then notices us, but what catches my attention is not her, but the person whom she talked to before. That person turns around and finds me standing there. I’m as surprised as her.

No. I’m much more surprised.

 

“Jessica!!”

 

 

 

“Yul?” I ask blankly in a quiet low tone.

 

 

 

Before I can say anything else, she rushes to hug me tightly. I’m standing there frozen.

In Yuri’s embrace, from the crook of Yuri’s neck, I can see Sooyoung staring at us with her plain cold face, which I hate so much.

 

 

She then turns around and walks away, leaving the scene.

 

And that’s enough to make me scared to death.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you ready for some dramas? :"3