Asthma

Too Much That It Hurts

Hello, readers!

First, I wanna say thank you so much for the enthusiasm. Second, I want to apologize greatly for those who have been waiting for the presences of Yoona and Yuri in this story. I assure you to include them, but I have to tell you that the main couple here is still Soosica, so both Soona and Yulsic 'airing-times' will be less by them. I'm very sorry if by chance I disappoint you by using Yulsic and Soona tags from the start, I really am feeling guilty for that. As my apologize, in this chapter I will give some hints about Yoona. But I'm so sorry I still can't assure you when Yuri will come. So for now, to avoid the further disappointment, I'm going to remove Yulsic tag, at least until she comes.

Thank you and happy reading! :) 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica’s POV

“Ready…. Set….”  I fix my position and take a last glance at Sooyoung who happen to be beside me. PRIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! As the long sound of whistle heard, I hurriedly take my step ahead. Today’s morning my class is scheduled for PE. And this, the 100 meters run practice, is one of a few chances I can prove that I can be better than that skinny geek.

Seriously, to be honest I hate running so much, but I won’t make that rude girl use it as a point to mock me again. It’s already an half long of the track and we are still running side by side with not much distance. There is already a student in front of us and two still left behind. Suddenly a student from behind runs through both of us and takes the second place. I try to accelerate my speed and follow after her and automatically left Sooyoung. In the end I fail and just finish a second after her.

 

“Woooaaah! Jessie, I’m not expecting a running hater like you would take the third position in a running match!” Tiffany said while giving me a bottle of Pocari Sweat as I approach her and join her to sit on the side of the track.

I watch Sooyoung just touched down the finish line in the fourth place. She then walks to where her bag is, which is about 4 meters far from our place, takes out her phone and sits on the ground just like us. She looks so exhausted as she seems to write some messages or chats in her phone. I smile proudly. “She’s not that good.” I said. Tiffany is confused by my words. “Eh?” She then follows my sight and understands. “You said she’s brilliant in every single subject? I guess she’s in PE? Good then, she knows now I’m better than her.” I glance at Tiffany just to see her smirk at me. “Jessiee….”

 

Author’s POV

“Jessiee….” Tiffany smirked at the best friend with her eye smile “It’s only your fourth day in school, yet you are so desperate to impress her?”

“What?? NO!!” Whether she realized or not, Jessica was blushing madly as her best friend poked her right cheek playfully. “Ewww that’s cuuuuute…”

“Whatever, Tiff.” She rolled her eyes only to be replied by Tiffany’s laugh. “Hihihi, sorry. By the way, you’re right she’s not so good in PE. It is because she-“

 

“Yah! Choi Sooyoung!” A short girl is running towards Sooyoung with mad face. “How could you leave your inhaler in student council meeting room you pabo!” She hits Sooyoung’s head playfully, then handing her the inhaler.

“Hehe thank you so much, Taeng.” The tall girl quickly reached and breathed the inhaler in.

Two couples of eyes watched that scene, and one of them was having a blank look. “Hi, Tipph!” Taeyeon greeted when she realized that they got audiences.

“Hi, Taetae. You don’t have class?”

“Fortunately no, the lecturer is sick. That’s why I can get this pabo’s inhaler.” Taeyeon said as she tapped Sooyoung head repeatedly.

“Oh that’s so sweet of Student Council President to be a hero for her Vice.” Tiffany chuckled, left the shorter one blushing. Little did both know, the two other friends were quietly having an intense eyes battle.

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

“I guess this is the formula.” She flips the pages of the book in her right hand, then a second later turn to look her notebook in her left hand. “Hmm.. I guess no.” At least it’s been 15 minutes she’s been doing that moves repeatedly. In between those moves, she also yawns for countless times.  Sleepyhead. I noticed as I glanced at her while reading the book in my hands.

 

 

flashback

 

knock knock

 

“Come in..” I hear steps coming towards me.

“Choi-soo…”

I turn my upper body to find that it was Jessica standing in front of my room door. “Hmm?” I raise my eyebrow.

“I’m …….. kind of having problem while doing our homework…” There is a tint of pink on her cheeks. “That’s my part actually… C-Can you help a bit?”

I look at her, head to toe, she has her notebook and pen in her right hand. I rise from my seat and walk towards her. “Which one?”

She quickly opens the book and searches the question. “I guess it’s in this section…….… This one!” She points it while looking at me. I try to read the question for a while and understand it.

“Hmmm….” I place my hand on my chin. “I guess this formula is not taught in our text book.”

“Wow! You remember all the formulas in our textbook?” I ignore that.

“I think I have seen this in a book I once borrowed from the library. You can go there and find it. The library isn’t far from here, just behind the park.”

“Can we just wait Aunty to come home and ask for her help since she is the one who gave us this homework? Besides, as you said, the formula isn’t in the textboo-“

“Eomma gave us this homework because she wanted us to work not only base on the lectures she gave and the textbook. We have to use other references too…” She pouts.

“Alright….”

She scratches her hairs, looked annoyed. I think for a while. Oh! I forgot she’s still not familiar with this environment. All streets she knows are only the way to school. I sigh.

 

“Yah… Jung-so.” She turned her head to me blankly.

 

“Let’s go together. I’m looking for some books too..”

 

end of flashback

 

 

“Yah...” She whispers calling me. “I guess I’ve found it. Would you mind to check?” She says as she hands the book and notebook to me. I take them, and scan the answer.

“I think this is right. Let’s go home.” I said as I hand the books back to her and leave her, walking to librarian to return the book I just read.

“Yah! You! Wait!” I let out a small chuckle hearing her voice behind me.

 

 

 

“Yah! Can’t you slow down?! I’m sleepy here! You want me to fall, don’t you?” I smile at her request.

“That’s a good idea. To make you fall.”

“Yah!”

But I just slow my feet moves on my bike pedals just like what she requested. And not long after that, I feel weights on my back, probably her head, and her right arm circling around my waist, and then I hear…………….

 

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

………. snores.

 

 

I park my bicycle in front of my house and realized that her arm is still in the same position.

“Yah, sleeping-ugly..” I shake my body a little to wake her up. “We have arrived.”

“Hmmm??” She stirs up and rubs her eye. “Hoammmmn….”

 

Cute

 

She rises from the back seat and starts to take steps to the front door, but not before I call.

“Yah...”

She turns her head to me, mouthed ‘Mwo?’ while still rubbing her eye.

“How many hours is it for you to sleep in a day?” I smirk teasing her. She instantly blushes at my question, then walking back to my direction. She kicks my bicycle hard, which I still am sitting on it.

 

BRAKKKK!!

It causes me to fall with my bike of course.

 

“YAH!!!” I groan.

“Serves you right!!” She says then quickly walking to the door, opens it, and slams while closing it, left me in the ground.

“Ouch…” I rub the bruise that I’ve just received in knees. “That girl… Jinjja…..”

I stand up and park my bike once again as I held my chest.

 

 

Why does it seem like my asthma getting worse and more often recently?

 

It seems like I’m having more difficulties to breathe….

 

 

 

 

….. especially when she is near.

 

 

“Guess I have to check up this weekend.”

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“And why does the student council meeting take place in a fancy café like this rather than school’s meeting room?”

“Hahaha… Jessie, this is just a meeting between internal department staff and head to discuss an upcoming event’s progress. The ones who have to come are only Taeyeon here, as the Student Council Pres, Sooyoung as her vice…. Well as you said before, that she can’t make it because of family matter….. Then, it was me who is the Head of Departement which will make the event. And we are now only waiting for a junior who happen to be the project officer of this said event… It’s more comfortable place anyway.” Taeyeon just nods at Fany’s long explanation.

“Besides, this is Soo’s idea. She said that it’s kinda annoying to have her fans following her and peeking at the meeting room.” Taeyeon adds chuckling.

“How the heck can that rude girl get so many fans..” I mumble while rolling my eyes. Little did I know, Taeyeon hear me.

“Rude?”

“Yep. She must never go for a date before. How can someone bear being with her?”

Taeyeon laughs at my words. “You’re wrong, Jeshika.” I look at Tiffany asking for a backing up, but hell, she just throw me her eye smile. “And why is that?” I ask.

“Sooyoung has been on dates. A few dates, last semester. And her dating partner is no joke, seriously. She never told me her status with this person, but I think they are close enough to be seen as cou-”

“What’s the name?” I cut Taeyeon’s explanation. I feel so curious out of the blue. Taeyeon and Tiffany stunned at my sudden question and exchange looks. Heck, how will it be if they think that I like that billiard stick?

“I guess even if I mention her name, you won’t know.” Her? “She’s a junior, one year below us. Besides, you are new in thi-“

“The. Name.” I don’t know why but I have that urge to know. Damn it.

There is a couple of silence before Taeyeon smirks and starts to answer me.

 

“The name is-“

 

 

“Tae unnie!!!!”

 

We turn our head to the main door of the cafe. Taeyeon smiles and waves at the doe-eyed girl who happen to be the source of the voice.

 

“Im Yoona!”