Something flutters

Too Much That It Hurts

Here's today's update.

Happy reading, readerdeul! :)

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Seriously where have you been yesterday?” Tiffany asked Jessica while leaning her head on her locker.

“I went out with Yuri.”

“….”

“….”

“Jess, seriously…”

“Mwo?” Jessica sighed and finally looked back at her best friend after closing her locker.

“Tell me. You’re sure you love Yuri?” The eye-smiled girl crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“I do like being with her. She always tries to make me happy all the time.”

“And that made you love her?”

“I don’t know.” She shrugged.

“See? Just break up already.”

“Because?”

“Because you fall for other person already.” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. “And by other person I mean the Choi Sooyoung.”

“….”

“….”

“Geez, Tiff..”

“Mwo?”

Jessica sighed again. “It’s not like… if I love Sooyoung and break up with Yul, Sooyoung then will love me back..” She fixed her bag position on her shoulder, then mumbled. “Besides, there is Yoona.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “So you are hoping that she will make a first move after knowing someone had owned you already?”

“No… Not like tha-“

 

“Excuse me..”

Jessica’s sentence is stopped by a female student, who was being pushed with two friends behind her. They are indeed first graders. The three of them looked so shy and pushed each other about whom to talk to the seniors.

“Jessica unnie, right..?” The girl asked slowly.

“Neh.” Jessica nodded curiously.

“Hmmm. We hear that Jessica unnie is recently living with Sooyoung unnie.”

“Then?”

“Ehmmm..” She was hesitate first, then turned her head back to her friends. The friends nodded vigorously. After getting some encouragement, she turned back to Jessica. “Do you mind to tell us what flavor would she like for snack… or cake…?” The girl blushed. “Chocolate or strawberry maybe.”

Jessica was taken aback by the small sudden interview. She looked blankly at the juniors.

 

“She prefers chocolate.” Feeling sorry for her best friend’s obliviousness, the Hwang answered. That made Jessica turned her face to her.

 

“Oh..” The juniors looked at Tiffany too. “Kamsahamnida, Tiffany unnie.” The girl who has been being the speaker from the first saying. Tiffany nodded.

 

Jessica turned again to them. “Why do you need that information?”

“Hmmm.. Well, Sooyoung unnie is soon to have birthday, so we kind of want to make her cake..” The girl said shyly, left Jessica in silent. “Thank you once again, Tiffany unnie.” She thanked again. After that the three girls bowed a little to the seniors and left them happily for gaining the information.

Jessica who was still in dazed back looked at her best friend, who just replied her with annoyed face. The eye-smiled girl, who was not smiling, turned her back and left the other, but not before saying.

 

 

“It’s the February the 10th if you wonder when.”

 

Jessica’s POV

While blowing my spoon of hot kimchi fried rice, I glance at the condition of canteen.

“Are you looking for someone?” Yuri asks after munching her sandwich. We are now having late lunch in school canteen since she just showed her face the time I was out from the classroom after the bell rang.

“Aniya. I just wonder why the canteen is not as crowded as usual today. It usually packed with students after the classes over every day.” Yuri nods hearing me and just continues enjoying her lunch.

I’m just done with my mango juice when Yuri looks at my phone, “Are you not having curiosity with who messaged you?”

“Hmm?”

“Your phone beeped almost a half hour ago if you haven’t notice.”

Hearing her answer I take my phone from the table and check it. “Oh, you’re right.”

 

From : Tiffannie

Jess, have you gone home already?

 

Maybe she wants me to play to her house again? Uh, the message was already received a half hour ago. She probably has arrived home right now.

I just close the messenger application. After it’s closed, I see today’s date on my wallpaper.

 

February 8th

 

It’s the day after tomorrow

 

 

I smile weakly.

 

Should I do something?

 

“Nugu?” Yuri asks.

“It was Tiffany.” I answer while planning to lock my phone. Before I put it back to the table, I notice that there is a new message from the beep.

 

From : Tiffannie

Yah! You are too lazy to reply me, aren’t you? -_-
I just want to inform if by chance you are interested enough to watch,
Sooyoung is now having a taekwondo sparring in gymnasium with player from other school.

 

By that, I take my sliding bag and start to run to the gymnasium.

 

“Yah! Jessica! Where are you going?” I hear Yuri shouts at me but I ignore it and keep running.

 

Author’s POV

As soon as she arrived in the door of gymnasium, Jessica’s eyes focused on a figure who was busy covering her opponent’s attacks.

“Yah, wait for me!” Yuri shouted at her after finally arrived too, with sandwich still left in .

Jessica ignored her again. Then she turned her attention to the bleachers and notices Tiffany, Taeyeon, and Yoona was sitting with worried faces on the very front row, just after where Sooyoung’s coach sat. She quickly took steps toward empty seat beside her best friend. Yuri followed behind.

“What round is this?” She asked as soon as she took the seat, but her eyes still on Sooyoung. Yuri sat next to her.

“Third round.” Jessica was shocked by Tiffany’s answer, then turned her head to her face.

“Why don’t you tell me earlier?!”

Tiffany looked at Jessica back with mad face.

“Excuse me? I sent a message about 45 minutes ago, didn’t I?” Yuri kept in silence and just glanced after hearing their little fight.

“Ugh!” Jessica turned her attention back on Sooyoung, followed by the same movement by her angry best friend.

In the arena, the two players were starting to get exhausted. Sooyoung seemed to gasp for breath more often. Noticing her opponent was left a little unguarded, finaly, “Osh!” The player from other school successfully landed a kick into Sooyoung’s chest protector. “Ack!” Sooyoung painfully groaned.

“YAH!” Jessica and Yoona yelled at the same time then looked at each other awkwardly, before finally looking back at their favorite player in the arena.

 

“Point!” The judge said.

 

Jessica bit her lower lips with worried face. Not long after that, it was announced that time’s up and the match was draw. That only meant there would be sudden death round, where the winner would be decided by who get any point first. The two players stood up facing each other before bowing. Sooyoung then walked to her coach with tired face, then sat on the floor next to him.  They talked for a while, probably about the strategy.

After a while, she turned her upper body to the back.

“Taeng, do you bring some water?”

Taeyeon is surprised, “Yah! You know you would have match and you didn’t bring any water?”

“Haha, I don’t have any drinking bottle at home!” She laughed but still with the exhausted tone.

“Yah! Unnie! How could you?! Wait! I’ll just go to canteen to bu-“ Yoona was panicking but soon cut by Jessica’s voice.

 

“Here..” She offered Sooyoung her drinking bottle which was still half full.

 

The fighter turned her face to Jessica and after a second, took the bottle. She gulped the water from it. After satisfying her thirst, she closed the bottle.

“Thank you.” She said while turning the bottle back to Jessica. After some taps in her shoulder by the couch, she walked back to the arena, leaving the bottle owner smiling softly at her back.

 

Little that both the bottle owner and the fighter know, their four other friends watched carefully at that scene. While Taeyeon and Tiffany looked blank, the two other looked rather sad.

 

 

Jessica’s POV

I hold my drinking bottle hard after she turned it back to me. Now she has been back to the arena and is bowing to her opponent. The match soon starts.

 

 

It’s been five minutes and no one scored a point yet. The match is so intense and none of them want to give up. I hold my bottle more tightly, feeling worried at Sooyoung’s already-exhausted-again face. Does her asthma disturb her again? Suddenly the opponent raises her foot high, trying to target Sooyoung’s head protector. “Osh!!” Feeling afraid, I shriek and close my both eyes.

 

NO!

 

But after a couple of seconds, I don’t hear any announcement from the judge. I open my eyes again and see Sooyoung covers that attack perfectly with her right hand. After that she quickly turns and tries to make back kick, pointing to the opponent’s chest protector.

 

JEBAL!

 

 

‘Buck!’

 

YESSS!

 

It hits perfectly! I, together with Yoona, Taeyeon, and Tiffany, stand up excitedly.

 

“Point!”

 

“YEAAA!!” Taeyeon punches her fists to the air.

“Yah!!! Shikshin!” She points her index finger to Sooyoung noisily, happily.

“Yah!!!” Sooyoung points back at her from the arena with the same crazy look. I giggle at their childish antics.

 

After bowing for the last time to her opponent, she takes out her head protector and walks to our direction. Taeyeon comes running to hug her, then playfully punches her stomach. After that the both of them continue to walk to us. Sooyoung’s face is drenched with sweats.

 

Tissue.  Where is my tissue?

 

I sit up to open my bag and search for the tissue. Ah this is it! I grab it and take it out. I’m about to stand up and approach her, but..

 

“You sweats so much..”

 

I see Yoona is now caressing Sooyoung’s face with the small towel in her hand. I bit my lower lip again, back to sit and put my tissue back to my bag.

 

 

“Let’s go. I promise Jiyong oppa to come home earler today.” Yuri grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the scene.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

I change the TV channel un-interestedly while lying on the couch.

 

This is boring.

 

It’s already 8.30 PM and Sooyoung isn’t home yet. I guess she’s celebrating the winning with the others. I just stopped randomly on one channel that is airing a drama titled ‘Dating Agency : Cyrano’, then throw the remote onto the table. The drama is interesting but annoying for me. Geez. Will life be that easy? It must be nice to have your love life goes as the way you want it to be, as the way you have planned before .

When I start to get curious with the plot, the closing soundtrack played. Tch! A really perfect time. Just as life, the time I got very happy and interested, the show is over. Whatever. I love this song by the way.

 

You can’t get familiar with something from the beginning

I think of the flickering moments so my heart can rush again

No one can be perfect

I think of heart pounding moments so they can shine again

 

Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward

Let’s start step by step, with a heart fluttering feeling that can’t be expressed with words

 

I smile hearing the lyric.

 

Suddenly I hear the ‘click’ door opening sound. It’s her. I close my eyes pretending to sleep, to avoid the awkwardness between us. Because I know she will not talk a single word to me anyway, and I hate to face that.

Not long after that I hear her sighing, then a sound of something thrown to the sofa, probably her bag.

 

I didn’t know what it meant in the beginning, or what I had to do

Don’t hesitate but approach me first and show me your fluttering heart

 

Suddenly I feel a hand crept behind my knees and a hand behind my back. Those hands pick me up.

 

Dugeun

Dugeun

Dugeun

 

Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward

Let’s start step by step, with a heart fluttering feeling that can’t be expressed with words

 

She makes my head to rest on the crook of her neck while I feel her starts walking. Her scent is heaven. I guess she has already showered somewhere after the match.

After some times, she stops her steps. She lowered her body and put me down on the bed. After that she covered my body with the blanket.

Then I feel some weight on my bed, she is probably sitting on the edge of it. A couple of seconds after that I feel a hand tugs my bangs under my ear. I shiver. I hope she doesn’t notice it. Despite the crazy speed of my heart beats right now, I then hear what I never expected from her, which makes my heart goes wilder.

 

 

 

 

“Jessica Jung.”

 

 

“What are you doing to me?”

 

 

Dugeun

Dugeun

Dugeun

 

Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward

Don’t rush

It’s okay

 

As I feel the weight slowly goes away from my bed, I start to open my eyes. There I see her back, ready to take some steps away. But before she can go farther, I sit up and grab her shirt tightly and pulled her, causing her to be in sitting position with her back facing my face.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

As a hand pulled me by my shirt, I am sitting again on her bed. So she doesn’t sleep all this time. As I plan to get up again, two arms quickly circle around my waist. On the same time, a body and a head press tightly to my back. I keep my mouth shut.

 

After a while, I can hear soft sobs and I can feel my back starts to get wet.

 

 

Even things don’t happen as you hoped they would

Just wait with a certain heart fluttering feeling

 

 

We stay like that silently,

with no sound except her sobs,

with no words exchange between.

 

 

Though it hurts sometimes and it’s a bit awkward

Let’s start step by step, with a heart fluttering feeling that can’t be expressed with words