Appa's wish

Too Much That It Hurts

Sorry for only make one update this week. It was so hectic, my college days :(

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Drenched in sweat, Sooyoung sat on the front row of the blencher in her taekwondo uniform. Even when she clearly was seeing her other friends still practicing inside the arena, she put a blank face. Too many thoughts had been running around her mind. And those include Jessica, Yoona, and Jessica, and Yoona, and so on.

 

Suddenly she felt a cold thing pressed ono her right cheek.

“Pocari for your thought.” Yoona was smiling brightly while handling her the bottle. She had another one for her in her other hand. Sooyoung quickly replied with a weak smile.

“Thanks, Yoong.”

Those unenergetic actions she’d been showing all day was not left unnoticed by her younger girlfriend. And really, it was annoyed Yoona’s curiosity so much to see her like that.

 

“I saw you zoning out a lot today. Are you okay?”

Sooyoung smiled and messed up Yoona’s hair.

“I’m okay..” But I don’t think I’ll make you okay in the future.

 

“Jinjja?” Yoona asked again while cupping Sooyoung’s cheeks with her both palms, making their eyes met in a sequence.

 

Sooyoung looked through into those doe eyes and she could feel a huge sincerity. Those doe eyes looking back at hers worriedly, asking if the soul who owned them could help the taller girl with all her might, with all the love, with everything she has. And that made Sooyoung sad. That made Sooyoung worried. That made Sooyoung frustrated.

She wondered if Yoona knew what she had done to hurt her. What she has done to this angel’s poor soul. What kind of game she played behind her back.

 

“Are you really okay?”

 Sooyoung nodded, replied by Yoona’s sighs.

“Okay then.”  She then let her hands off from the latter’s cheeks before focusing her sight to her own Pocari Sweat, trying to open the bottle.

 

Sooyoung was still looking blankly at her as her thoughts continued to speak up.

A sharp pain shot to her heart.

 

The younger girl never once lied to her. The only thing she had ever hidden from Sooyoung was the fact that she loves her. Yoona trusted Sooyoung so much. She thought the girl would always open herself to her as she did the same.

 

Yoona deserved to know. That the girl she chose to love was not as good as the image inside her mind. That Sooyoung had set the fire in their relationship. Not for the love they had, but for the affair she walked on.

Yoona deserved to know that there was someone else rummaging in Sooyoung’s heart. She deserved to know that she was not the only one. And the fact that maybe that person has beaten her place, she also deserved to know.

Yoona deserved to choose the better person who could love her as much as she loves the person, who loves only her, whose heart won’t ever be torn.  And what Sooyoung was sure and couldn’t do anything about, was however, Yoona deserved to hate her once she knew all of the lies she’d made. Yoona had every right to scream, to slap, to walk away from her.

 

She clenched her fists, bit her lower lip, while looking at Yoona’s direction. I have to tell her sooner or later, she thought. Better do now than later so the hurt won’t grow any larger, she thought again. So she opened .

 

“Yoo-“ But to be cut with the latter’s sudden idea.

“Ah, Unnie! I know something to boost your mood!” Yoona lightly said while looking at Sooyoung.

“Eh?”

 

“Let’s go!” She then grabbed her girlfriend’s wrist, before pulling her to follow her steps.

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

“Are you sure you’re already okay, Darling?” Eomma speaks on the phone from the other line. We, auntie Choi and I, are on the way to go home after she picked me up from the hospital before.

 

“I’m alright, Eomma. Don’t worry.” I smile while answering the same question that she’d already asked for the fifth times.

“Okay then. Don’t forget to eat the medicine regularly. You know very much how weak yourself right. Uh, from the very start I never like your father’s idea to send you to Seoul..”

“Yah!” Hearing Appa’s voice from outside, I can’t help but chuckle.

“You know? The only thing that made me agree was the fact that you would be under Choi Residence’s roof. And I guess meeting Sooyoung changed you so much, huh?” I blush at Eomma’s remark.

 

“I bet you’re blushing right now Jessica Jung!” She won’t stop teasing me.

“No! Why would I?”

 

I look at Auntie Choi who is driving the car. She glances at me and smiles at the conversation between me and her best friend.

 

“Of course because you’re in love, Darling.” My blush gets worse as I keep silent, cannot respond to Eomma’s statement. Who am I to lie what my heart has already been doing since the very start?

 

At the same time, Auntie Choi has finished parking, and so we are walking out from the car to the house. I continued to hold my phone with my left hand while using my right one to bring my bag. I keep silent before finally Eomma said in a high tone.

 

“Omo! Jessica Jung! Don’t tell me you really love her??!” I don’t answer, making her adds more excitedly. “Oh my God, I just teased you all these times!!”

“Eomma!” I whine at her never ending teasing, and just responded by her unstoppable laughter.

 

“I hang up, okay. I’ve just arrived home from the hospital.”

“Alright, alright. Send my regards to your Auntie Choi.”

“Got it.”

“And send my regards too, to my soon to be daughter in law.”

“Got i-…. Eomma!!!!!!!” I whine at her words trap and I can hear her laughter before finally she hangs up. I then see my wallpaper as locking the phone and smiling with some pink tints still left on my cheeks.

 

Your soon to be daughter in law? I wish, Eomma. I wish.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

I smile looking at Yoona’s back, who is now holding my hand, as we almost arrived at the place she wanted to guide me to. I know where this leads to, Appa’s cemetery.

I’m very glad with Yoona’s effort to raise my mood. Along the way here, every time I asked where we would go, she just answered ‘You’ll see.’ She said energetically that we were going to meet someone very important who could make me happy.

 

“Unnie, palli! Uncle is waiting!” She said as she looks at me adorably, which I just reply by a nod and smile.

 

 

As we walking close to Appa’s cemetery, we could see a familiar figure kneeling down beside it. It’s Uncle Im, Yoona’s father, who’s for some years became a very close friend to Appa until his last breath. He seems to have an interesting chatting with Appa as he chuckles for some times while poking the tombstone repeatedly.

 

“Uhm.. Is that…”

 

Yoona seems to realize her father’s presence. I put my pointing finger in front of my lips, telling her to keep silence, before taking her hand and pulling her to walk to the guy. We sneak out before finally standing not far behind him as he continue her so called chatting with Appa.

 

“…. Hahaha can you imagine that, Minho? I always know Yoona has always been following your daughter when they were still kids. I guess Sooyoung was her first love after all.”

 

I’m surprised knowing that he is just about us. I glance at Yoona and see that her face is burning red at her father’s words.

 

“From the very first time she met your daughter, she kept telling me how Sooyoung was so charming when she fought the bad boys who annoyed her in the park. And the next days, the next weeks, months and years she never stopped when she was talking about Sooyoung. Not before I said I have something to do rather than listening to her love story.” He laughs.

 

“She was so funny. Sooyoung unnie this… Sooyoung unnie that, she said.”

 

I feel Yoona is letting go off my hand. When I see her, the blush on her face gets worse, added with how she bit her lower lip while looking away. I smile before taking back her hand with mine.

 

“And now that they are together, I guess our wish had granted.”

 

Wish?

 

“Do you remember how you always said that you want a daughter like Yoona. You said she was cute and you love the way Sooyoung always protected her. You said Sooyoung seemed to have some urges to always make sure she’s fine, even from her very young age. You even said you didn’t mind if they someday found their selves falling for each other, and I was second that.”

 

I’m frozen at my spot.

 

“And now they really did. What a life..”

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

Later at night, Sooyoung walked into her room. It was already 9 PM and she has just come home. Ealier after the visit to her father’s tomb, her Uncle Im invited her to go to his, and of course Yoona’s, residence to have some chit chat and dinner together.

After showering, she lay her body onto her bed. With her arms crossing behind her head, she looked at the ceiling. Her mind hasn’t stopped being occupied with whatever the guy said earlier in front of her father’s tombstone.

 

The wish.

 

Was that what her father really wanted? Her being with Yoona?

 

If by chance he was still alive and knew there is a girl named Jessica, who has been filling her daughter’s days, would he still wish the same thing?

 

 

 

In the middle of her thoughts, she heard her room door clicked, indicating someone was going to go in. Sooyoung change her position to a more comfortable one as she closed her eyes, pretending to sleep.

 

With her eyes closed, as that someone closed the door, Sooyoung still knew who it was just by listening to the steps walking towards her. Sooyoung knew how her steps sounded like, how her body smelled like, and upmost, she knew how her heartbeat felt like when they were near.

 

The person then sat on the edge of her bed.

 

“Soo..”

 

And that voice become the prove that she was right. She always knew it was Jessica. Sooyoung ignored that, still pretending that she has already in a dream land.

 

“You are already sleeping?” Jessica asked while caressing the taller girl hair.

“………”

 

 

Too much to Sooyoung surprised, she felt some weight added onto her bed. Jessica was laying her body next to, or it could be said in front of her, because in no time she slipped her arms to circle Sooyoung waist. Jessica pulled Sooyoung’s body nearer, as if there was still distance between them, and putting her head onto Sooyoung’s chest.

 

 

“I can’t sleep yet.”

“…….”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I miss you.”

“…….”

 

 

 

The American giggled.

“I’m glad that you’re already falling asleep, so you won’t realize my abnormal heartbeat and blushing face even when we’re this near.” She said as tightening her hug. Sooyoung was still being in silence, making her breath sounded like someone who’s really sleeping.

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung, I love you.”

“……..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m falling hard.”

“………”

 

 

 

 

“Will you save me?”

 

 

 

Sooyoung heart was beating so fast. She was lucky because Jessica’s heart also beat as fast so that she didn’t realize there’s another heart pounded. They stayed like that until Jessica fall asleep, continuing hugging the girl she loves until morning calls.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

Far from there, in the airport in other continent, a girl was looking contacts on her phone back and forth.

 

“Should I call her to pick me up when I arrive?” She mumbled to herself, before answering it to herself too, while locking and putting her phone inside her pocket.

“It’s okay. I can make it alone to her place.”

 

That’s not long before the speakers made some noise.

 

 

“Flight to Seoul into gate XII. Please show your ticket to the staff and…….”

 

 

“Way to go.”

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Who is that? And who is she going to meet? :D